Forums59
Topics1,039,337
Posts13,963,081
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Bad experience at 515 W boat ramp on Fork today [Re: littlewheel] #12182186 04/04/17 02:07 PM
B
Big Sam Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
We see it all the time around our area.... most of our ramps are secluded on the river and lakes some are not...but man we see it all...matter fact 2 days before x-mas we were fishing Kerr and had a mess it was threatening rain and sleet so time to go we to the ramp and there is a big azz pontoon trying to load up... i let Regan out to get in line ... they were spinning and somehow had the trailer and boat jammed up under the winch popcorn this was turning into a disaster as it began to sleet....so they hollered at us to help....i tie up to the dock me & regan get over there...there tag says Utah and boat Utah hmmm they said " well were new and can you help us"? we get them straightened out and loaded & ours loaded were in the lot putting stuff up.....and suddenly a guy rolls out from under the console in the toon sporting a jar of moonshine in each hand!! freak well we knew then why they couldnt do nothing...he staggers down the boat and says " we didnt catch nothing for xmas dinner"!! LOL by then we were rolling cause they were all hammered....I suggested the Utah folks remain where they were till the shine wore off and do no driving....when we left they were in the lot standing there peeing for all to see..... wink

If it ain't broke don't fix it...but go ahead and work on it anyway.....
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Bad experience at 515 W boat ramp on Fork today [Re: littlewheel] #12182255 04/04/17 02:43 PM
M
Muzzlebrake Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
I lived on Grapevine for 13 years and have seen some sights out there. Boat ramps can be entertaining on Sunday afternoon in the summertime. Back before the cops patrolled them it was a lot more fun.

From Genesis: "And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the earth."

Then He made the earth round...and He laughed and laughed and laughed!

Re: Bad experience at 515 W boat ramp on Fork today [Re: Big Sam] #12182521 04/04/17 04:49 PM
N
Nickbyrd Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
N
Rookies lmao

Re: Bad experience at 515 W boat ramp on Fork today [Re: littlewheel] #12188882 04/08/17 04:21 AM
M
Mark's Fence Repair Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
You should find a cove and fish some more if the boat dock is jammed up . I font see why people get so aggressive at the boat ramp its not a big deal. Maybe you need to smoke a joint like big sam and take it easy... that guy probably knew the game warden was coming and had to blow past yall cause he had 50 11 inch crappie in the livewell.

Re: Bad experience at 515 W boat ramp on Fork today [Re: littlewheel] #12189807 04/09/17 03:05 AM
P
psycho0819 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
Had a couple of experiences just last night at Tawakoni.

Went out catfishing and as I approached my first spot about 7:30pm there were some birds working a sporadic school so I pulled over there to fish it for a bit. I was catching a few undersize Hybrids when I hear a boat approaching. Look to see and there's a bassboat headed right at me a few hundred yards out. I figured they were coming after the birds too, no biggie. I hook a fish and about the time I swung it into the boat the bass boat comes by on plane withing 20' of me. I use a tape measure at work regularly, I know how close 20' is and they were that close. I'm on top of a flat in 5' of water about 400yds offshore. There was literally not another boat within a quarter mile of me, I can't for the life of me figure out why they felt the need to endanger themselves and me? Honestly it really wasn't a big deal, I'm unharmed, but things like that just mystify me. People will get amazingly close to other boats for no apparent reason what so ever. They could have swung out just a couple hundred feet from me and been in over 20' of water, but nope, let's buzz the guy in the tin boat fishing 5' of water. They had twin power poles on it, I would hope they had gps on it.

Then, after conceding to the swarming gnats and a slow bite, and deciding to leave, I got back to the ramp about 10pm. There was a pontoon blocking the ramp while the boaters stowed gear and made the boat road ready. There was a guy that appeared to be sitting there waiting on them so he could launch, I asked him as I walked by. He affirmed, so I walked over to the pontoon and asked them to move their rig out of the way. They apologized and moved out of the way. I can't believe they couldn't see the other fella. They were stowing gear using the other guys headlights to see what they were doing. He thanked me for calling them out on it as we passed each other afterward. Again, mystified. Holiday Marina, at 10pm, at least 5 other trucks/trailers parked, there is all kinds of room to get the hell out of the way, but nope, let's block the ramp. Now, I'll admit, I have done the same thing late a night, but only if there aren't any other vehicles at the ramp at all, and I would move as soon as I saw anyone that even looked like they might need the ramp.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!
Re: Bad experience at 515 W boat ramp on Fork today [Re: littlewheel] #12196095 04/12/17 08:06 PM
P
prospec1 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
Sounds like Squaw Creek every winter. Weekend pros everywhere

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide