Forums59
Topics1,039,302
Posts13,962,571
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: SteezMacQueen] #12163665 03/29/17 12:03 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
bolt

Man.....what did I start here?!

No problema Steez, all in good fun. Actually I misunderstood the meaning of peer. To me a peer was someone who was the best at whatever their chosen profession was. Ol' Joe straightened me out. No harm, no foul.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12163669 03/29/17 12:10 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
bolt

No problema Steez, all in good fun. Actually I misunderstood the meaning of peer. To me a peer was someone who was the best at whatever their chosen profession was. Ol' Joe straightened me out. No harm, no foul.

It is for fun....

Man, ya wanna catch some hell? Make an opinionated comment on my wife's knitting arts/crafts forum....man, those old women are vicious! Nothing like here.

Do it! Tell em their sewing machine is ugly. I dare ya.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: SteezMacQueen] #12163860 03/29/17 02:06 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
bolt

It is for fun....

Man, ya wanna catch some hell? Make an opinionated comment on my wife's knitting arts/crafts forum....man, those old women are vicious! Nothing like here.

Do it! Tell em their sewing machine is ugly. I dare ya.

Think I'll pass on that one, I'd rather hug a badger or drink a quart of paint thinner. I've made more than one woman mad and I end up "on the road again".

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Ranger1] #12163922 03/29/17 02:32 PM
B
BCB Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Thank you all for your comments and we hope some reserve their forming of opinion till they have a chance to see on in person. We are a non traditional and if we were then nothing would be viewed as changed.

The trolling motor recessed pedal caught this same flack at a much higher level of opposition as being extreme, almost a why did you do that, when it was first introduced. It's not even considered extreme today as after the patent started to expire everyone shifted to inset pedals. Triton even calling and asking permission (before it expired) as to whether we would be upset and were we renewing, and why was our patent filing exist as was structured. Today you all have one in a new boat.

The reverse hinge was considered and dropped for better net scabbard access. Then net scabbards were not thought of before the Pantera IV model, and now many are tryng to figure out how to fit them.

There are a few things they will tweak though the body is not one of them. All in all, really the comments at the Classic Expo were almost spot on to those expected. Overall it was positive that greatly outweighed the negative, and then there are those always zealous as anti BCB posters and that same contingency commented similar to those past.

We heard what we expected from everyone and the controversial aspects were non before we got out of the design shop.

BCB

BCB
Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Ranger1] #12164042 03/29/17 03:34 PM
A
Allen Bass Fisher Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
A
Can someone post a picture of the Lynx deck layout with the lids closed and open? I just can't visualize what it looks like and have not seen a picture like this.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Allen Bass Fisher] #12164086 03/29/17 03:58 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher
Can someone post a picture of the Lynx deck layout with the lids closed and open? I just can't visualize what it looks like and have not seen a picture like this.

You can go to Basscat.com and then to Media then Photos click on Lynx and see all the pictures.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Ranger1] #12164096 03/29/17 04:03 PM
A
Amackmac Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
A
Only one I took

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Ranger1] #12164158 03/29/17 04:37 PM
A
Allen Bass Fisher Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
A
Thanks for the pic Cougar FTD. And thanks to 921 Phoenix that's what i was looking for!

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Ranger1] #12164423 03/29/17 07:25 PM
G
GarySHO Offline
Ice Ice Baby
Ice Ice Baby
G
I like it, but I own a kitty and picked it up from the factory so I may be biased. I have owned a Nitro and 3 Skeeters and a Champion. I have toured the Skeeter factory and BassCat's. There are lots of unseen processes that goes into expense. BassCat puts a lot into their boats that the casual tire kicker doesn't see. All depends on your preference.

[Linked Image]
A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user- Theodore Roosevelt

Broken Bow Lake Fishing Guide

2020 Caymas CX 20 PRO and 250 SHO
Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Ranger1] #12165398 03/30/17 01:56 PM
B
Bulletman99 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Why so much negativity about Nitros here? I have followed them as well as most all other brands over the years and know that Nitro has always been considered "Sub-Par" for several reasons. BUT over the past 4-5 years it seems as though the quality of workmanship has drastically improved. New hull design has increased speed and decreased hole-shot times. Their warranty is as good as most and even better than some others. They use the same engines, TMs, electronics as all others so that cannot be an issue.

So what is so wrong with them??

Bullet 20XD
Merc 250 ProXS
Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Ranger1] #12165452 03/30/17 02:32 PM
A
Andrew Y'Barbo Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
A
I'm ready to order one!!! Anyone interested in a 2017 Puma FTD? rockon

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Kevin Bryant] #12165480 03/30/17 02:48 PM
B
Bulletman99 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted By: Kevin Bryant
Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
May be a GREAT company....but that boat just plain blows my mind on the ugly-why-did-they-do-that scale.

Hideous

Only it's mama could love it.

What kind of boat do you have? Plz don't say nitro

Yep....I have a Nitro. roflmao

......and it is way better looking. And has a dash that is uncluttered. A recessed foot pedal that is in the correct spot, a trolling motor location that doesn't make you feel like your gonna take a swim just deploying it, and no plastic hand rails that look like they came off a 1970's boat, and front deck that is proportionate to its length.

And it's slow...yadayadayada.

BassCat....love em or hate em.

They sure are different.

But, opnions are like [censored]...everyone has one. And this is simply mine.

Then it completely falls apart. The fit and finish of a Nitro is so poor, it's unreal. They're cheaper than most for a reason. The quality of a BassCat is 100x that of a Nitro.

Something to think about!!

I don't have a Nitro nor have I ever owned one but I have however fished from a couple over the past few years and can say it rides and fishes as good or better than several other brands that many consider a superior product. One of which I have found to be the roughest riding boat ever! All boats are smooth in smooth water---those that think this particular boat has a smooth ride has never rode in one that truly has a smooth ride in rough water. Many do not realize that Nitros are cheaper than others because they cut out the middleman by selling them factory direct? Do folks really believe that Nitro can build and sell a 21 foot boat $20K cheaper than all others?? Poor quality of workmanship---really!!! Having a Bass Pro Shop 4 miles from my house and shopping there MANY times per month, I have seen every Nitro that it has had on the floor for the past 4 years and I can say unequivocally that the workmanship/fit/finish is as good or better than most all others. At the Austin show this past January I looked over a particular boat very hard (it was made in Texas by the way) and found lots of molded plastic some of which had cracks and broken pieces due to being over-tightened at the plant. You would think the dealer would have checked it out and paid more attention to detail before bringing it to a show, not to mention the manufacturer should have never let the boat leave the factory in that condition. It not only represented the dealer but the manufacturer as well. Over the past 25+ years, I have attended every boat show I could within 150-200 miles of my home every year, so I have seen my share of near every brand of bass boat there is. I have also toured the plants of several manufacturers and have seen that near all build their boats in the exact same manner with the exact same products. I have owned 3 Bullets and without a doubt not one other boat is manufactured the same or uses the same products to build them as is a Bullet. For this reason and the fact that Bullets are not "Cookie-Cutter" boats, and they are truly a handmade boat, their resale value is well above all but a couple others. Does is fish as good or handle rough water as good as some others??---Nope!! Just as with cars or trucks everyone has there preference or opinion as to which is better. Having run a commercial shop for many years I can also say that "EVERY" pickup brand has it's issues. Again it comes down to personal preference. Considering that Mr. Morris now owns Ranger/Stratos/Triton will they try and do the same with them which should reduce MSRP and increase sales??? Will the quality of workmanship with these 3 brands be reduced to that as some say Nitro has??

Bullet 20XD
Merc 250 ProXS
Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Amackmac] #12165610 03/30/17 03:52 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted By: Cougar FTD
Originally Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Horrible picture, but my favorite color combo to this day.

Love that boat

Yes yes yes, I'm in love!

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Ranger1] #12165612 03/30/17 03:54 PM
B
bradnitro175 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B

Originally Posted by Trickster
BIG FAT BASS LIVES MATTER

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" [Re: Ranger1] #12165724 03/30/17 04:48 PM
B
Bulletman99 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Yes sounds like it was but don't you think others have issues as well?? I can tell you plenty on Tritons and a few about Rangers. Friend of mine had a big Triton (Can't remember the model) fishing the "Triton Owners" tourney on KY lake of all things and had the bottom of the hull delaminate and 3 feet of it fold back while running. Had a factory rep (Actually from Ranger) look at it and said it looked like he had hit something, which he hadn't, and initially refused to warranty the hull. It took him nearly 8 months to get it resolved and get a new hull. When Tritons were first introduced I lived 4o miles from the factory in Ashland, KY. I personally knew of 3 other hulls that split right down the middle. Another friend bought a new Z520c a couple years ago and was so unhappy he almost had to get a lawyer to get the boat and trailer issues fixed. The poly-flake in some areas turned real cloudy and the right fender being the same color as the main flake on the boat did the same. Ranger sent a tech all the way from Arkansas to Killeen to fix it himself. ALL boats have issues, given some more than others, but all do.

Bullet 20XD
Merc 250 ProXS
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide