Texas Fishing Forum

Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx"

Posted By: Ranger1

Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/24/17 07:17 PM

Posted By: Dr. Chase

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/24/17 07:39 PM

What's the length, ect? Wish they wouldn't keep putting out/bringing back so many models.
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/24/17 08:12 PM

Same ugly arse dash, but good looking boat!
Posted By: Eric Reeves

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/24/17 08:25 PM

Sweet
Posted By: Bryanmc57

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/24/17 09:05 PM

OK... Who put a 6 sided steering wheel on their wish list? noidea
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/24/17 09:17 PM

Looks like all the other Bass Cats. I think it's about time their designers change some things up. That's just my opinion though.
Posted By: RO519

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/24/17 09:22 PM

Weird front deck layout... I don't think I would like the center storage box.

More pics on Basscat Facebook
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/24/17 09:25 PM

Is that BasscatProStaffSkeeterRonnie in the picture?
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/24/17 09:50 PM

Boat is 20'8". 350max hp. Will continue to be tweaked. I did see a new concept drawing with a new dash for twin graphs.
Posted By: meP2too

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/24/17 10:00 PM

that must be the ChampioN hulled 'cat
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 12:23 AM

Originally Posted By: meP2too
that must be the ChampioN hulled 'cat

No that is just a puma ftd variant and a boat they are not even In the process of really producing. The 1 is a one-off at the moment I believe and still in testing

It also isn't a true champion hull. It's a 1 off hull designed with both cat and champion hulls splashed together
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 12:27 AM

I know Basscat builds a good boat and their customer service is excellent but I think they need to change designs a little, I have only been in one, that was a long time ago, it looked pretty similar to the new ones, boy would it run, the driver scared the [censored] out of me.
Posted By: Kristopher Douglas.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 12:53 AM

Very sweet looking boat backed by the best company in the industry.
Posted By: Kevin Bryant

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 12:58 AM

Can't wait for the BassCat Domestic Household...
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 01:01 AM

I like it, not sure about that center box though? Its wider!
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 01:04 AM

Its crazy how deep bass cats are, look at the 4th pic. That has to 2 1/2 to 3 ft from the mans elbow to the bottom of the floor.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 01:10 AM

May be a GREAT company....but that boat just plain blows my mind on the ugly-why-did-they-do-that scale.

Hideous

Only it's mama could love it.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 01:27 AM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
May be a GREAT company....but that boat just plain blows my mind on the ugly-why-did-they-do-that scale.

Hideous

What kind of boat do you have? Plz don't say nitro
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 01:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta

Hideous

Posted By: RedEar12

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 01:42 AM

I like Bass Cat.
Posted By: fitter2259

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 01:44 AM

Hideous

roflmao
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 01:52 AM

I like it. Would need to remove the motorguide and black that blue out but I like.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 01:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Kevin Bryant
Can't wait for the BassCat Domestic Household...
that would be the Phelix.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 01:56 AM

Hideous

Yep....I have a Nitro. roflmao

......and it is way better looking. And has a dash that is uncluttered. A recessed foot pedal that is in the correct spot, a trolling motor location that doesn't make you feel like your gonna take a swim just deploying it, and no plastic hand rails that look like they came off a 1970's boat, and front deck that is proportionate to its length.

And it's slow...yadayadayada.

BassCat....love em or hate em.

They sure are different.

But, opnions are like [censored]...everyone has one. And this is simply mine.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 02:11 AM

Hideous

......and it is way better looking. And has a dash that is uncluttered. A recessed foot pedal that is in the correct spot, a trolling motor location that doesn't make you feel like your gonna take a swim just deploying it, and no plastic hand rails that look like they came off a 1970's boat, and front deck that is proportionate to its length.

They sure are different.

Yup figured...

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 02:13 AM

Hideous

They sure are different.

You should post a picture of that bad azz nitro and show the class how much better looking it is than that kitty.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 02:24 AM

[/quote]You should post a picture of that bad azz nitro and show the class how much better looking it is than that kitty. [/quote]

That would remind me of those nights at the bar. And there's just 2 ugly girls left..............
Think I'll just go home solo! roflmao

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 02:26 AM

Speaking of girls, that's what a nitro reminds me of. One of those hot girls from the waist up....

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 02:26 AM

If ya look hard....you'll see it behind my Tundra hahah

No...really...that's a Nitro in my driveway.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 02:32 AM

Speaking of girls, that's what a nitro reminds me of. One of those hot girls from the waist up....
yep....those kinda girls can lose weight....can't fix ugly though.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 02:35 AM

Never said my boats were bad [censored]....I said they weren't ugly.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 02:36 AM

C'mon you have a better picture than that, I know.....I've seen it.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 02:46 AM

Nope....dropped the old phone in the lake...only picture I have.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 02:50 AM

Hideous

They sure are different.

Then it completely falls apart. The fit and finish of a Nitro is so poor, it's unreal. They're cheaper than most for a reason. The quality of a BassCat is 100x that of a Nitro.
Posted By: crankn101

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 02:54 AM

Ive had the same 96' Pantera II for ages and my friend bought an 06'-08'ish and it has the exact same glove box door.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 02:54 AM

But KVD fishes in one...

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 02:58 AM

But KVD fishes in one...
he fishes out of one...the fish in the boat have already been caught.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 03:01 AM

I'm taking my Nitro to Whitney tomorrow. If anyone wants to see it....or check the hinges for tightness, or look for stress cracks and general poor fit and finish. The red and white one. Haha.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 03:11 AM

I may come out there, I've never seen a late 90's model nitro in person before, don't leave till I get there.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 03:38 AM

I think that Cat looks great, I could be a little bias though.
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 03:56 AM

Hideous

They sure are different.

Then it completely falls apart. The fit and finish of a Nitro is so poor, it's unreal. They're cheaper than most for a reason. The quality of a BassCat is 100x that of a Nitro.

You clearly have not owned a nitro. I've had Ranger, Skeeter, Champion, Triton & Nitro. When I went to buy a used boat what did I buy? Nitro Are they the best boat out there? No, IMO Ranger is. I do believe nitro is the best value dollar for dollar.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 04:03 AM

Originally Posted By: James Biggs

You clearly have not owned a nitro. I've had Ranger, Skeeter, Champion, Triton & Nitro. When I went to buy a used boat what did I buy? Nitro Are they the best boat out there? No, IMO Ranger is. I do believe nitro is the best value dollar for dollar.

A buddy of mine worked for a Tracker Marine, and his stories were all I needed to hear.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 09:43 AM

Originally Posted By: RedRanger

come on Jack! you can troll better than that! come up with some new trash

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 11:01 AM

Originally Posted By: SkeeterRonnie
Originally Posted By: RedRanger

come on Jack! you can troll better than that! come up with some new trash

Exactly what I thought...
Posted By: 361V

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 01:37 PM

I remember years ago someone showing/telling me how the horsepower ratings for boats were determined. Length x width + weight..........don't remember or even know if it was true but how does a 20'8" boat get a 350hp rating?
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 02:18 PM

Years and years ago when I worked the service counter at bass pro in grapevine, I got to see issues of mostly Nitros. I would bring in my basscat and everyone would be all over it because of the major differences in quality. I would bring it up there to have guys like Opti to fine tune that motor. But working for a dealership is like working in a car service dept, you see all the problems of that brand. I saw a lot of problems from the factory plus issues of just being on the water... some boat brands just have fewer problems
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By: 361V
I remember years ago someone showing/telling me how the horsepower ratings for boats were determined. Length x width + weight..........don't remember or even know if it was true but how does a 20'8" boat get a 350hp rating?

I think the coast guard only has manufacturing HP rating requirements on boats less then 20'. I think you can put what ever rating on boats over 20' that they want. The 20'2" Eyra has a 300 HP rating its real narrow and a shorter boat. I would think if the Eyra can handle a 300 then the Lynx should be ok with what ever you want on it. LOL

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 02:50 PM

I think the Lynx is a nice boat. I do believe people have different views so one mans trash is another mans treasure. I think everyone has different views on different boats maybe we should just be glad we have nice boats to chose from and buy the one we want let everyone else buy what they want.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 03:10 PM

I like it and I'd learn to love it if I could afford it. They do some odd stuff, but I've been called odd too.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 04:00 PM

Comparing Basscat and Nitro is shameful. Those 2 shouldn't be mentioned in same thread.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: 921 Phoenix
Originally Posted By: 361V

I think the coast guard only has manufacturing HP rating requirements on boats less then 20'. I think you can put what ever rating on boats over 20' that they want. The 20'2" Eyra has a 300 HP rating its real narrow and a shorter boat. I would think if the Eyra can handle a 300 then the Lynx should be ok with what ever you want on it. LOL

This is true ^^^

Some insurance companies have a goofy 8:1 formula that the HP on back cannot exceed 8 times the length. That may be what you heard.
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 06:29 PM

Originally Posted By: whatsaweighin
Comparing Basscat and Nitro is shameful. Those 2 shouldn't be mentioned in same thread.

LOL, EXACTLY what I was thinking.
I fished as a co angler for a few years and Ive 1-2 yr old Nitro come apart on Rayburn when she was rolling. Was so glad to get out of that POS. Boat literally had screws and hardware on the floor and felt like the top cap separated from hull. I felt bad for the guy, he was a hell of good guy.
Also had a neighbor that had one (bought new) for two years and finally had dealer do a refund/buyback deal due to all the stuff that was wrong or didnt work properly on it.
Put his brand new Pro XS on....you guessed it...a Bass Cat
Ive owned Ranger, BassCat, Champion...they all have pros and cons, but comparing a Cat to a Nitro is like comparing a Corvette to a Chevette!

Builders have come so far on quality in the last few years, there are several great "newer" brands, Legend, Phoenix and the others mentioned above but Nitro wont be in this class, which is why they are less expensive than some of the other brands.
Like the man said, we're all blessed to be able to own one period, regardless of make/model.
Posted By: Walls

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 08:40 PM

A buddy of mine worked for a Tracker Marine, and his stories were all I needed to hear.

So, devil's advocate......If I hear trash about your company from a former employee of yours, it's all true?

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 10:37 PM

Man....you guys are all so nice and politically correct. Haha.

So, yeh.....one of my boats is an old Nitro. I did, however, spend some pretty good money on my other boat. It sure isn't ever called cheap, ugly, flimsy, etc.

Owning two different brands, I can honestly say the Nitro is made cheaper.....but, if my newer boat lasts 20 years with very nominal problems and periodic maintenance....I will be as happy with it as I am with the Nitro. I have fished as a coangler in Bassmaster in 2014-2016. I have been in every brand of boat...several different times. I can honestly say that the BassCats have been the second worse kidney beating I've ever experienced. Worst was a 21ft older Z9. Best was a Bullet. Second best was a Skeeter FX21. 3rd was a Legend. All the rest are about the same, in my opinion, based on what the water was like that day.

Cosmetics are personal. I like what I like....yes, it is nice to have choices.

As for the comparison of a BassCat (Corvette) and a Nitro (Chevette).....it's a fair comparison if the Chevette has an LS platform V8 and the same gauges, radio, computer system, etc.

You cannot comment on a boats reliability brand to brand. They all use the same [censored]. Mercury, MinnKota, THMarine, etc. only differences are the shape of the hulls and the trailers. Haha.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 11:01 PM

Originally Posted By: chasinbass

So, devil's advocate......If I hear trash about your company from a former employee of yours, it's all true?

You can use whatever you want to form your own opinion of something, whether that be a boat brand or the company I work for. Clearly, some people love the same boats that I've heard have some major fit and finish issues and would never own. It's all opinions bud.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 11:10 PM

And I'm definitely not basing my thoughts off of one persons opinions, it's fairly well known that Nitro's aren't a high quality product. Him just working in, on and around Nitro's and what he saw solidified what a vast majority of the public has already been saying. I can promise you this, the vast majority aren't saying negative things about the company I work for. So an employee telling you bad things about the company I work for wouldn't have the same public consensus backing up his thought. But you can still base your opinion off whatever you want.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 11:19 PM

The way a boat handles rough water is very dependent on the driver..

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/25/17 11:37 PM

A guy fishing the tournament I fished today on Hubbard had the transom on a Nitro Z8 or 9 break today and he said he did not hit a thing, he guesses it was from the rough water this morning. I ran 13 miles or so first thing this morn when it was blowing 20+ out of the north in in my Cat and I pretty sure my transom is still intact shocked

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/26/17 12:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.
A guy fishing the tournament I fished today on Hubbard had the transom on a Nitro Z8 or 9 break today and he said he did not hit a thing, he guesses it was from the rough water this morning. I ran 13 miles or so first thing this morn when it was blowing 20+ out of the north in in my Cat and I pretty sure my transom is still intact shocked

And your point is?

I ran my 19yr old Nitro on Whitney today....all day....in rough weather, then hauled it back to Dallas @ 79-80mph and stopped and fish Waxahachie on the way. Had a bolt shake out of the trolling motor (1 yr old MinnKota edge 70) and my transom is intact as well.

Maybe the owner of the boat abused his boat in the past? That's my guess.
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/26/17 12:55 AM

+1

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/26/17 01:32 AM

100%

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/26/17 01:59 AM

And your point is?

I ran my 19yr old Nitro on Whitney today....all day....in rough weather, then hauled it back to Dallas @ 79-80mph and stopped and fish Waxahachie on the way. Had a bolt shake out of the trolling motor (1 yr old MinnKota edge 70) and my transom is intact as well.

my point is you are trying to compare a Pinto to Cadillac LMAO roflmao
Posted By: Walls

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/26/17 06:59 AM

You can use whatever you want to form your own opinion of something, whether that be a boat brand or the company I work for. Clearly, some people love the same boats that I've heard have some major fit and finish issues and would never own. It's all opinions bud.

And you just made my point. I have a 97 Nitro 896 Savage and a 14 Phoemix 920. I feel just as confident that I'll splash either one of em and catch just as much weight on five. And if you're in a Ranger or Skeeter, I'll get there first in either of them. Boat bashing is for ignorant fools who can't catch em. No offense intended, just truth.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/26/17 11:41 AM

I'm holding out for the Mynx.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/26/17 04:32 PM

And you just made my point. I have a 97 Nitro 896 Savage and a 14 Phoemix 920. I feel just as confident that I'll splash either one of em and catch just as much weight on five. And if you're in a Ranger or Skeeter, I'll get there first in either of them. Boat bashing is for ignorant fools who can't catch em. No offense intended, just truth.

So anytime someone has formed their own opinion about something, especially in the fishing industry, their automatically an ignorant fool who can't catch them? Man, you're special...
Posted By: Cass Caldwell

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/26/17 05:05 PM

Nice!
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/26/17 05:13 PM

[quote=Kevin Bryant][quote=James Biggs]

While I understand your point and your personal experience, and since you brought up truth...... the truth is Nitro/Tracker just flat out builds an inferior product. All you have to do is go to a BPS and crawl around in and take a good look at a Tracker or a Nitro, and then head to Cabelas and look at a Ranger or Rockwall Marine and look at a BassCat. It is typical mass-produced poor quality products. Someone who will take the time to do this cannot argue the point because for someone who knows what they're doing, the difference between a Nitro and a BassCat are night and day. Are BassCats perfect every-time from the factory, not always, there will be some flaws. But, if you compared 100 BassCats or Rangers to 100 Nitros/Trackers there will be FAR MORE flaws in the Tracker/Nitro. It is an un-arguable fact. Is what it is. Since I have owned Nitro, Tracker and Ranger I can speak from personal experience........ it isn't close. Doug's comparison of a Pinto vs. a Cadillac is a good analogy.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/26/17 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
[quote=Kevin Bryant][quote=James Biggs]

While I understand your point and your personal experience, and since you brought up truth...... the truth is Nitro/Tracker just flat out builds an inferior product. All you have to do is go to a BPS and crawl around in and take a good look at a Tracker or a Nitro, and then head to Cabelas and look at a Ranger or Rockwall Marine and look at a BassCat. It is typical mass-produced poor quality products. Someone who will take the time to do this cannot argue the point because for someone who knows what they're doing, the difference between a Nitro and a BassCat are night and day. Are BassCats perfect every-time from the factory, not always, there will be some flaws. But, if you compared 100 BassCats or Rangers to 100 Nitros/Trackers there will be FAR MORE flaws in the Tracker/Nitro. It is an un-arguable fact. Is what it is. Since I have owned Nitro, Tracker and Ranger I can speak from personal experience........ it isn't close. Doug's comparison of a Pinto vs. a Cadillac is a good analogy.

I agree with you 99% (thats a first for me and Frank)
Except for the analogy. It isn't something that can be compared whole product to a whole product since the best and worst brands share a huge amount of common parts. Now if Nitro had a contract with Dawoo or Tohatsu for motors and used their own brand of trolling motors, etc....then the comparison would easy to make. I don't see an unfinished hull interior as being the "be-all end-all" of manufacturing superiority.

Maybe the attention to detail of the Nitro brand vs others is the real separator. But to say a Nitro is gonna have more motor issues and such is kinda a stretch. I sssure you that a ProXS headed to the Nitro plant is EXACTLY as well made as a ProXS headed to Arkansas. The MinnKotas are the same. The wiring likely comes from the same vendors. Etc. the Power Poles are from the same plant.

Maybe the "reliability" issues of a Nitro stem more from the fact that most Nitro boats are bought by "new comers" to boating, due to lower initial cost and easy financing, and they just are not cared for as well as they should be cared for.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/26/17 05:56 PM

Actually, I think they did build a decent product back when yours was built, then took a deep downturn at the introduction of the Z series then have come up somewhat very recently. Just from what I have read. I see your point Steez and agree, Mercs are Mercs, Minn Kotas are Minn Kotas etc. Agree
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/26/17 11:32 PM

And your point is?

No... not really... but he does care more about what he gets for his money than you do...
You have diawa reels? Megabass rods?

Gtfo with you ford/chevy, derailed this thread competely.

New cat is interesting, dont like the dash, compartments idk, i like the idea of getting to the rod locker without dumping rods off the deck like other designs. Id have to play with it to say if i like it.

I DO like the fact the foot pedal is so far forward... more useable space...

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/27/17 12:38 AM

Originally Posted By: catslayer

And your point is?

No... not really... but he does care more about what he gets for his money than you do...
You have diawa reels? Megabass rods?

Gtfo with you ford/chevy, derailed this thread competely.

New cat is interesting, don't like the dash, compartments idk, i like the idea of getting to the rod locker without dumping rods off the deck like other designs. Id have to play with it to say if i like it.

I DO like the fact the foot pedal is so far forward... more useable space...

That's actually a personal joke, I run a Cat and one of my friends runs a Nitro. He calls his boat the Pinto. We fish out of both and I like both.

Actually, I got a really good deal on my Cat was less than I could have bought the same size Nitro at the time.

Oh and I do not have any Steez reels or Megabass rods, but I do have a bunch of Shimano reels and Loomis rods.

And for a fact I responded to comment I did not "derail" anything wink
Posted By: C130

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/27/17 02:17 AM

[quote=James Biggs]

A buddy of mine

And if you're in a Ranger or Skeeter, I'll get there first in either of them.

But still be behind the Bass Cat:)
Posted By: Sschofield

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/27/17 02:20 AM

SWEETTTT
Posted By: 10lberfork

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/27/17 03:12 AM

I run a 2004 bass cat cougar best boat i have ever had in ruff water like they said earlier ruff depends on the driver I also had a nitro stupid axle broke right in half cause they used tubing for the trailer it rusted and put hole thru my boat when the axle broke so you better check that trailer well on that 19 year old chevette

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/27/17 11:30 AM

Originally Posted By: 10lberfork
I run a 2004 bass cat cougar best boat i have ever had in ruff water like they said earlier ruff depends on the driver I also had a nitro stupid axle broke right in half cause they used tubing for the trailer it rusted and put hole thru my boat when the axle broke so you better check that trailer well on that 19 year old chevette

Let me guess....the Nitro was your first boat?

My trailer is in good shape....it is as well maintained as the boat.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/27/17 12:27 PM

Hope everyone let's go of their Caracals now.once you drive a basscat and get use to the trolling motor they are nice.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/27/17 12:34 PM

I don't have a dog in this fight ( I run a Skeeter but also have owned a Ranger and Bass Cat ) but if Nitro isn't a well made boat like some have suggested on here, I'm trying to understand why these Elite anglers like KVD, Ott Defoe and Edwin Evers don't switch to another brand. I understand Elite anglers get paid to fish out of the boats they have but if any of the other boats were that much better I'm sure these Elite anglers could get a deal with them. I hear there were 20-30 mph winds at Conroe and having fished on the lake I can tell you it gets some big rollers not only from the wind but also from the huge yachts and seems like all the Nitro's did just fine. Personally I like the looks of them as well as any of the others but have no experience fishing out of them. My experience on public forums is that whatever kind of product you have it's better than anyone else's and that includes boats. My feeling is if you like your boat, car, house, lawn mower, door knobs, house shoes, etc. that's all that matters.
thumb

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/27/17 12:41 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
I don't have a dog in this fight ( I run a Skeeter but also have owned a Ranger and Bass Cat ) but if Nitro isn't a well made boat like some have suggested on here, I'm trying to understand why these Elite anglers like KVD, Ott Defoe and Edwin Evers don't switch to another brand. I understand Elite anglers get paid to fish out of the boats they have but if any of the other boats were that much better I'm sure these Elite anglers could get a deal with them. I hear there were 20-30 mph winds at Conroe and having fished on the lake I can tell you it gets some big rollers not only from the wind but also from the huge yachts and seems like all the Nitro's did just fine. Personally I like the looks of them as well as any of the others but have no experience fishing out of them. My experience on public forums is that whatever kind of product you have it's better than anyone else's and that includes boats. My feeling is if you like your boat, car, house, lawn mower, door knobs, house shoes, etc. that's all that matters.
thumb

Don't bring "reasoning" into this thread. roflmao

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/27/17 01:09 PM

I know Steez, it rarely goes over well and you can really get a beating on here for it but it's ok. I'm just glad I didn't run under a bridge on pad and post it on here. He will think twice before he does either again, lol.
Posted By: BCB

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/27/17 01:30 PM

The Lynx is a really nice product and the reviews from those visited with in Houston were almost exactly what we expected, as we're others we've read from those in person on numerous threads. We always take the good and bad into consideration. There are just some small details the Lynx needs to reach completion and the body (hull & deck) itself is completed. The opinion we've read is exactly what we wanted from those at the Classic. Opinions among folks who never crawled around in it means virtually nothing.

The reviews here got off track quick. This has been an interesting read.

There will be a lot of unanswered questions on those opinions for the folks that haven't seen the Lynx in person. Then for some posters, we've watched for a while, we know no matter what we did they would share that same opinion because of the brand. Much like some do on a Nitro, which really has a place in the market. It is much like a Taurus or Rossi in comparison to a SigSauer. While they may appear the same and they may be in what they do, though the differences may go beyond what people see on the outside. They are both just a pistol. Then you have those that owned a 1993 Ford F150 and want to compare a 2017 Ford F150 Platinum to the one they felt rode rough on the twin ibeam suspension.

The 6x wheel is really nice because it gives you consistent grip with your hand and doesn't roll it up. The larger a wheel the better the feel, your hands not round. The steering wheel has proven itself in the hands of many users.

Everything is place for a reason on a Bass Cat and while you may no agree, it is thought through. We're alright with opinion as to why it doesn't fit your need, though at least think about it. Rod tips are only 1/2" in bundles and the rod butt with reel takes about 6" mounted in circle space.

This product is in simile to some designs though has a lot of features and cosmetics different than the Puma FTD. It is. New hull and not any simple wider version. The lower running surface is the longest running surface we've placed on a hull, to reach out on those 2'-3' waves. The hull is deep, though different than the Caracal and not nearly as deep as a Jaguar.

They have run what the hull is, though not in final detail and that will be done now. They have about 60 days to hit production and no matter what the opinion is we have plenty sold now and most of those to non-Bass Cat owners.

We appreciate questions as to why and opposite views are fine. Trashing any product because you don't like a Ford or Chevrolet really just makes your opinion very slanted. A valid position on a companies values is something worthwhile if you oppose Starbucks, or even Hobby Lobby or Crackerbarrel for example. Though it doesn't mean their coffee, food or products are poor.

Thank you for the input and thank you to those who showed up and visited with us at the Classic in Houston. Even with the downtown Houston challenges it was a great Classic!

Congratulations to Jordan Lee!

Rick Pierce,
BCB
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/27/17 01:44 PM

Originally Posted By: BCB
The Lynx is a really nice product and the reviews from those visited with in Houston were almost exactly what we expected, as we're others we've read from those in person on numerous threads. We always take the good and bad into consideration. There are just some small details the Lynx needs to reach completion and the body (hull & deck) itself is completed. The opinion we've read is exactly what we wanted from those at the Classic. Opinions among folks who never crawled around in it means virtually nothing.

There will be a lot of unanswered questions on those opinions for the folks that haven't seen the Lynx in person. Then for some posters, we've watched for a while, we know no matter what we did they would share that same opinion because of the brand. Much like some do on a Nitro, which really has a place in the market. It is much like a Taurus or Rossi in comparison to a SigSauer. While they may appear the same and they may be in what they do, though the differences may go beyond what people see on the outside. They are both just a pistol. Then you have those that owned a 1993 Ford F150 and want to compare a 2017 Ford F150 Platinum to the one they felt rode rough on the twin ibeam suspension.

The 6x wheel is really nice because it gives you consistent grip with your hand and doesn't roll it up. The larger a wheel the better the feel, your hands not round. The steering wheel has proven itself in the hands of many users.

Everything is place for a reason on a Bass Cat and while you may no agree, it is thought through. We're alright with opinion as to why it doesn't fit your need, though at least think about it. Rod tips are only 1/2" in bundles and the rod butt with reel takes about 6" mounted in circle space.

This product is in simile to some designs though has a lot of features and cosmetics different than the Puma FTD. It is. New hull and not any simple wider version. The lower running surface is the longest running surface we've placed on a hull, to reach out on those 2'-3' waves. The hull is deep, though different than the Caracal and not nearly as deep as a Jaguar.

They have run what the hull is, though not in final detail and that will be done now. They have about 60 days to hit production and no matter what the opinion is we have plenty sold now and most of those to non-Bass Cat owners.

We appreciate questions as to why and opposite views are fine. Trashing any product because you don't like a Ford or Chevrolet really just makes your opinion very slanted. A valid position on a companies values is something worthwhile if you oppose Starbucks, or even Hobby Lobby or Crackerbarrel for example. Though it doesn't mean their coffee, food or products are poor.

Thank you for the input and thank you to those who showed up and visited with us at the Classic in Houston. Even with the downtown Houston challenges it was a great Classic!

Rick Pierce,
BCB

BAM !!! There you have it folks
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/27/17 02:06 PM

I always hear the argument brought up, that if Nitro was such a bad boat, KVD or others would sign with another boat company that they liked better. I don't know the answer to this, maybe y'all do. Do some or most of the Nitro guys also have deals with Bass Pro that might go away if they moved to another boat builder. There may be more to being a Nitro guy than just the boat deal.

Like I said, I don't know, but it crossed my mind. Personally I like the new Nitros, but they sure seem to be lightening rods when this discussion comes up. FYI, I don't run any of the mainstream boats, so I really have no dog in the hunt, just curious what you might think.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/27/17 02:14 PM

thumb

Nitro builds a nice boat. The boat just is not build as good as some other brands. This doesn't mean it won't be a good boat for most of us. The pro's usually put 400-500 hours on a boat a year. I know some local guides who guide and fish the central opens who put 350-450 hours a year on their boats. We usually average about 50-100 a year so a boat will last a life time and we did not treat our boats like a lot of the pro's do. The boat is a tool to them to get to the most productive water and they don't care what they put the boat through. I saw a video of a pro a few years back jumping a water fall with a ranger to get to water he wanted to fish. The Nitro is a cheaper boat and has to this point always been a cheaper entry into the bass boat market. You can get into a nice one with a 200-225 in a 20' boat for mid 40's. You are not going to get into other brands at same price point. You will pay for a better made boat with higher end materials and parts. That is just the way it is. The other boat brands like Ranger,Skeeter,and Bass Cat have been in business a lot longer and know all the short cuts to cheaper boat builds they chose to not go that route. You will get what you pay for. This in no way says you can not get a good boat with Nitro that you can run a long time if you take care of it. Their is always going to be people that want a Chevy and their will always be people who want a Rolls Royce but the Rolls Royce is a lot more money. The Chevy will get you there but it will never be a Rolls Royce.

As for the pros use them. The Pros go where the money is. This is true on boats,rods,reels and about everything else they are paid to tell you that what they are using today is the very best. They will tell you tomorrow that the new brand is the very best. LOL I read one time that KVD gets 500,000 a year year to represent BPS. That is the main reason he is in a nitro. That and if it tears up for any reason they just bring him another one. We don't get a new boat when it tears up so we look for boats that will last with less chance of falling apart.

The Nitro 20' boat you can buy for mid 40's will cost you mid 60's in most other brands. just my .02

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/27/17 02:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Ranger1

Rick Pierce,
BCB

BAM !!! There you have it folks

VERY well said. I saw the boat in person its a very nice boat. I believe it will sale very well in the industry and bring a new group of buyers to BC
Posted By: Joefishin

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/27/17 06:39 PM

thumb

If we are going to be using 'Reason' then let's complete the thought process.

They use the boat for one season and they have a dedicated team to fix the issues that come up. They aren't spending any of their own money. Now me on the other hand who has to pay for all my repairs and will keep the boat more than one season..... I will be expecting much more for my hard earned dollar.

It's not a reasonable comparison to say, well the Pro who gets the boat free and has all the repairs done free uses it so therefore It should be good for any consumer.

I don't base anything I buy on what the Pro's use especially when it comes to things like boats, rods, reels, electronics etc.... I trust what my Peers use and their opinions/experiences far more than a TV person.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/27/17 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Joefishin
thumb

They use the boat for one season and they have a dedicated team to fix the issues that come up. They aren't spending any of their own money. Now me on the other hand who has to pay for all my repairs and will keep the boat more than one season..... I will be expecting much more for my hard earned dollar.

It's not a reasonable comparison to say, well the Pro who gets the boat free and has all the repairs done free uses it so therefore It should be good for any consumer.

I don't base anything I buy on what the Pro's use especially when it comes to things like boats, rods, reels, electronics etc.... I trust what my Peers use and their opinions/experiences far more than a TV person.

Now wait a minute, didn't you just do an oxymoron ? Wouldn't you consider professional fishermen like the elite anglers your " peers "? If not then who are your " peers " ? You just threw reasoning out the window.

Don, did he just say what I think he said ?

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/28/17 02:46 AM

Well built sturdy boats but the designs are just off.

[img]https://scontent-dft4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...amp;oe=594D3DBF[/img]
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/28/17 02:55 AM

I think it's purty... freak

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/28/17 03:00 AM

If I seen what I think I seen, the livewels are triangular?
I just dont understand the designs.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/28/17 11:27 AM

It looks like a nice boat and I'm sure it's well built, as is all bass cats. The lay out is odd but may be better than a traditional lay out. I would need to fish out of it a little to see if it really works. The only thing I could see that would give me a fit would be the triangle shaped storage boxes and maybe the small cooler. 3700s might fit in the boxes good and snug but I would have to play around to see how I could fit it all in there. I don't like wasted space and it seems with a triangle shaped box you would have some. It will be a boat I check when I'm ready for a new one. By then a few will be around to check out
Posted By: Joefishin

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/28/17 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Joefishin
thumb

Now wait a minute, didn't you just do an oxymoron ? Wouldn't you consider professional fishermen like the elite anglers your " peers "? If not then who are your " peers " ? You just threw reasoning out the window.

Don, did he just say what I think he said ?

Definition of peer

: one that is of equal standing with another : equal The band mates welcomed the new member as a peer.; especially : one belonging to the same societal group especially based on age, grade, or status teenagers spending time with their peers

So no I did not invalidate my argument, you just don't understand the meaning of the word. I am not of equal standing with a Pro Fisherman, at best I'm an Amateur. My peers are fellow Casual Bass Fisherman and Amateur tournament anglers.

Perhaps you should google before trying to mock me. Should I google Mock for you?

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/28/17 09:24 PM

Boy, you told me off didn't you. Just curious though, did you mean mock as an adjective, verb or noun ?

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/29/17 01:08 AM

bolt

Man.....what did I start here?!
Posted By: C130

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/29/17 01:39 AM

Originally Posted By: crankn101

There's a good reason behind the design and they are great. They are also huge and Bass Cat had them on display at the Expo
Posted By: Amackmac

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/29/17 02:28 AM

Meow......I like the caracal a lot

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/29/17 02:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Cougar FTD

This is a SHARP looking cat for sure congrats.
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/29/17 02:44 AM

Drool...

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/29/17 03:06 AM

Originally Posted By: C130

There's a good reason behind the design and they are great. They are also huge and Bass Cat had them on display at the Expo

There always a reason with basscat. But I usually dont agree with their reasoning.

Give me big storage compartments and let me design and set them up how I want them, not how someone in a boat shop thinks I need them.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/29/17 03:10 AM

There always a reason with basscat. But I usually dont agree with their reasoning.

Give me big storage compartments and let me design and set them up how I want them, not how someone in a boat shop thinks I need them.

http://www.nitro.com

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/29/17 03:52 AM

Horrible picture, but my favorite color combo to this day.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/29/17 03:52 AM

http://www.nitro.com

http://legendmarine.com/

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/29/17 03:54 AM

http://phoenixbassboats.com/
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/29/17 04:07 AM

thumb

Because when parts start falling off their boat after a few months on the water, Mr Morris and the Giant that is Bass Pro Shops fixes it, for the pros
And, they have the biggest tackle marketing monster behind them...
Very smart if I were an Elite pro and it was all about selling products, but when Im paying for my own boat an repairs, I'll take Basscat, Ranger, Legend or Phoenix, not a Kmart boat, thanks

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/29/17 04:26 AM

[quote=Cougar FTD]

http://legendmarine.com/

The Lynx I Haven't looked over to see what compartments your speaking of to be honest but just came out of a legend. There's is zero negitve impact I can find in the storage in this cougar vs the 211. Can fit and store just the same. And the 211 was bigger. I like the triangle live wells. They are deep and seem to stay cooler. BassCat is a ninche boat. There are things I dont care for (can live with) like about the BassCat. There are things in any boat you can pick at. I hate where the oil resivour is. It also annoys me that my TM can come down on my rod butt sometimes. I really like the trolling motor being on the nose. Everything is faster when flipping and position. It's feels easier on my back x10 than the legend. I use to get back aches not once in the cougar. Storage absolutely love it. Ride surpasses my expectations. I love legends also great boats. Never owned a Phoenix but when shopping I didn't like the little plastic switches on the side of the drivers console. BassCat is a ninche boat...I mean they built the same boat hull on two different storage top cap designs!! For different types of layouts requested!! How awesome is that?

Take a piece of paper and write down what's most important for you top to bottom. BassCat has a model in the lineup for you

One of the top things for me due to all the issues my Ezloader trailer had under my legend...was who makes the best trailers. Bass cat makes their trailers!! It's a thought that gets pushed aside a lot. Trailer issues suck

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/29/17 04:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Love that boat

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/29/17 12:03 PM

bolt

No problema Steez, all in good fun. Actually I misunderstood the meaning of peer. To me a peer was someone who was the best at whatever their chosen profession was. Ol' Joe straightened me out. No harm, no foul.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/29/17 12:10 PM

bolt

No problema Steez, all in good fun. Actually I misunderstood the meaning of peer. To me a peer was someone who was the best at whatever their chosen profession was. Ol' Joe straightened me out. No harm, no foul.

It is for fun....

Man, ya wanna catch some hell? Make an opinionated comment on my wife's knitting arts/crafts forum....man, those old women are vicious! Nothing like here.

Do it! Tell em their sewing machine is ugly. I dare ya.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/29/17 02:06 PM

bolt

It is for fun....

Man, ya wanna catch some hell? Make an opinionated comment on my wife's knitting arts/crafts forum....man, those old women are vicious! Nothing like here.

Do it! Tell em their sewing machine is ugly. I dare ya.

Think I'll pass on that one, I'd rather hug a badger or drink a quart of paint thinner. I've made more than one woman mad and I end up "on the road again".
Posted By: BCB

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/29/17 02:32 PM

Thank you all for your comments and we hope some reserve their forming of opinion till they have a chance to see on in person. We are a non traditional and if we were then nothing would be viewed as changed.

The trolling motor recessed pedal caught this same flack at a much higher level of opposition as being extreme, almost a why did you do that, when it was first introduced. It's not even considered extreme today as after the patent started to expire everyone shifted to inset pedals. Triton even calling and asking permission (before it expired) as to whether we would be upset and were we renewing, and why was our patent filing exist as was structured. Today you all have one in a new boat.

The reverse hinge was considered and dropped for better net scabbard access. Then net scabbards were not thought of before the Pantera IV model, and now many are tryng to figure out how to fit them.

There are a few things they will tweak though the body is not one of them. All in all, really the comments at the Classic Expo were almost spot on to those expected. Overall it was positive that greatly outweighed the negative, and then there are those always zealous as anti BCB posters and that same contingency commented similar to those past.

We heard what we expected from everyone and the controversial aspects were non before we got out of the design shop.

BCB
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/29/17 03:34 PM

Can someone post a picture of the Lynx deck layout with the lids closed and open? I just can't visualize what it looks like and have not seen a picture like this.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/29/17 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher
Can someone post a picture of the Lynx deck layout with the lids closed and open? I just can't visualize what it looks like and have not seen a picture like this.

You can go to Basscat.com and then to Media then Photos click on Lynx and see all the pictures.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/29/17 04:03 PM

Only one I took
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/29/17 04:37 PM

Thanks for the pic Cougar FTD. And thanks to 921 Phoenix that's what i was looking for!
Posted By: GarySHO

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/29/17 07:25 PM

I like it, but I own a kitty and picked it up from the factory so I may be biased. I have owned a Nitro and 3 Skeeters and a Champion. I have toured the Skeeter factory and BassCat's. There are lots of unseen processes that goes into expense. BassCat puts a lot into their boats that the casual tire kicker doesn't see. All depends on your preference.
Posted By: Bulletman99

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/30/17 01:56 PM

Why so much negativity about Nitros here? I have followed them as well as most all other brands over the years and know that Nitro has always been considered "Sub-Par" for several reasons. BUT over the past 4-5 years it seems as though the quality of workmanship has drastically improved. New hull design has increased speed and decreased hole-shot times. Their warranty is as good as most and even better than some others. They use the same engines, TMs, electronics as all others so that cannot be an issue.

So what is so wrong with them??

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/30/17 02:32 PM

I'm ready to order one!!! Anyone interested in a 2017 Puma FTD? rockon

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/30/17 02:48 PM

Hideous

They sure are different.

Something to think about!!

I don't have a Nitro nor have I ever owned one but I have however fished from a couple over the past few years and can say it rides and fishes as good or better than several other brands that many consider a superior product. One of which I have found to be the roughest riding boat ever! All boats are smooth in smooth water---those that think this particular boat has a smooth ride has never rode in one that truly has a smooth ride in rough water. Many do not realize that Nitros are cheaper than others because they cut out the middleman by selling them factory direct? Do folks really believe that Nitro can build and sell a 21 foot boat $20K cheaper than all others?? Poor quality of workmanship---really!!! Having a Bass Pro Shop 4 miles from my house and shopping there MANY times per month, I have seen every Nitro that it has had on the floor for the past 4 years and I can say unequivocally that the workmanship/fit/finish is as good or better than most all others. At the Austin show this past January I looked over a particular boat very hard (it was made in Texas by the way) and found lots of molded plastic some of which had cracks and broken pieces due to being over-tightened at the plant. You would think the dealer would have checked it out and paid more attention to detail before bringing it to a show, not to mention the manufacturer should have never let the boat leave the factory in that condition. It not only represented the dealer but the manufacturer as well. Over the past 25+ years, I have attended every boat show I could within 150-200 miles of my home every year, so I have seen my share of near every brand of bass boat there is. I have also toured the plants of several manufacturers and have seen that near all build their boats in the exact same manner with the exact same products. I have owned 3 Bullets and without a doubt not one other boat is manufactured the same or uses the same products to build them as is a Bullet. For this reason and the fact that Bullets are not "Cookie-Cutter" boats, and they are truly a handmade boat, their resale value is well above all but a couple others. Does is fish as good or handle rough water as good as some others??---Nope!! Just as with cars or trucks everyone has there preference or opinion as to which is better. Having run a commercial shop for many years I can also say that "EVERY" pickup brand has it's issues. Again it comes down to personal preference. Considering that Mr. Morris now owns Ranger/Stratos/Triton will they try and do the same with them which should reduce MSRP and increase sales??? Will the quality of workmanship with these 3 brands be reduced to that as some say Nitro has??
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/30/17 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Love that boat

Yes yes yes, I'm in love!
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/30/17 03:54 PM

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=796260
Here's a bad one.

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/30/17 04:48 PM

Yes sounds like it was but don't you think others have issues as well?? I can tell you plenty on Tritons and a few about Rangers. Friend of mine had a big Triton (Can't remember the model) fishing the "Triton Owners" tourney on KY lake of all things and had the bottom of the hull delaminate and 3 feet of it fold back while running. Had a factory rep (Actually from Ranger) look at it and said it looked like he had hit something, which he hadn't, and initially refused to warranty the hull. It took him nearly 8 months to get it resolved and get a new hull. When Tritons were first introduced I lived 4o miles from the factory in Ashland, KY. I personally knew of 3 other hulls that split right down the middle. Another friend bought a new Z520c a couple years ago and was so unhappy he almost had to get a lawyer to get the boat and trailer issues fixed. The poly-flake in some areas turned real cloudy and the right fender being the same color as the main flake on the boat did the same. Ranger sent a tech all the way from Arkansas to Killeen to fix it himself. ALL boats have issues, given some more than others, but all do.
Posted By: elkhunter7x6

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/30/17 05:37 PM

Rick Pierce,
BCB

This is the most intelligent post I have read in the Bass section in a long time!

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/30/17 11:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Bulletman99
Yes sounds like it was but don't you think others have issues as well?? I can tell you plenty on Tritons and a few about Rangers. Friend of mine had a big Triton (Can't remember the model) fishing the "Triton Owners" tourney on KY lake of all things and had the bottom of the hull delaminate and 3 feet of it fold back while running. Had a factory rep (Actually from Ranger) look at it and said it looked like he had hit something, which he hadn't, and initially refused to warranty the hull. It took him nearly 8 months to get it resolved and get a new hull. When Tritons were first introduced I lived 4o miles from the factory in Ashland, KY. I personally knew of 3 other hulls that split right down the middle. Another friend bought a new Z520c a couple years ago and was so unhappy he almost had to get a lawyer to get the boat and trailer issues fixed. The poly-flake in some areas turned real cloudy and the right fender being the same color as the main flake on the boat did the same. Ranger sent a tech all the way from Arkansas to Killeen to fix it himself. ALL boats have issues, given some more than others, but all do.

I agree with just about everything you said Bulletman. I've never owned a Nitro either but not afraid to own one or tell people I own one. One thing I do know, since Morris , or his company ( I think it's called Platinum something ) bought Ranger, Randy Hopper the GM and a couple other front office people have left Ranger for good over what I heard was a difference in the direction and operation of the company. What affect this will have is anyone's guess but doesn't look good for the company. Hopper has been there for eon's. You can get a bad boat in any brand just like you can get a bad Ford or Chevy. A lot of it depends on the time of year it's made and who comes to work hung over. The new Z20 and Z21 Nitro's I think are sharp looking and I'd be proud to own one and I'll leave it at that.
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: Unveiling of the new Kitty the " Lynx" - 03/31/17 02:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Happykamper
I have only been in one, that was a long time ago, it looked pretty similar to the new ones, boy would it run, the driver scared the [censored] out of me.

Judd Lasiter must have taken you for a ride back in the day!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum