Forums59
Topics1,039,584
Posts13,966,983
Members144,208
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Be Aware of the troll under the bridge on Conroe [Re: Bryan O'] #12160001 03/27/17 03:35 PM
M
Matt Jackson Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Horns never work for long so we keep an air horn in the boat.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Be Aware of the troll under the bridge on Conroe [Re: PowPowOl'Son] #12160049 03/27/17 04:00 PM
Dan90210 ☮ Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Originally Posted By: PowPowOl'Son
Originally Posted By: Dan90210
Legal or not running on plane under those bridges is very dangerous.

As a kayak fisherman I want to give a big middle finger to anyone who does that... legal or not. There are always little crappie boats and jon boats, bass busters and yaks tied off on or near those pilings. And they could be on the backend of one where you cant see them and they cant see you.

Very dangerous situation to have a glitter boat shoot through there with any speed at all.

Common sense guys. Too many fisherman lost their lives bcs people dont practice common sense or show courtesy to their fellow man.

I'll play your game. If it's legal, then I'm gonna do it. You guys in your kayaks, jon boats and Trackers need to realize it's legal to run on plane therefore you should stay away. Go fish a lake with idle only bridges. That's simple.

Cigarettes are legal does not mean they are safe.

Use common sense bud. How would you feel if you take out a kid in yak or jon boat? Would you say, "well I was legal, too bad for him".

But hey, I guess your 50k boat trumps a guy in $500 Kayak. #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Re: Be Aware of the troll under the bridge on Conroe [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #12160077 03/27/17 04:14 PM
RO519 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

As a kayak fisherman I want to give a big middle finger to anyone who does that... legal or not. There are always little crappie boats and jon boats, bass busters and yaks tied off on or near those pilings. And they could be on the backend of one where you cant see them and they cant see you.

Very dangerous situation to have a glitter boat shoot through there with any speed at all.

Common sense guys. Too many fisherman lost their lives bcs people dont practice common sense or show courtesy to their fellow man.

I'll play your game. If it's legal, then I'm gonna do it. You guys in your kayaks, jon boats and Trackers need to realize it's legal to run on plane therefore you should stay away. Go fish a lake with idle only bridges. That's simple.

Use common sense bud. How would you feel if you take out a kid in yak or jon boat? Would you say, "well I was legal, too bad for him".

But hey, I guess your 50k boat trumps a guy in $500 Kayak. #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Running on plane under a bridge isn't unsafe (the case here). Running under a bridge wide open is unsafe for the boat. A boat doing 30 (a reasonably safe speed) is throwing a smaller wake than the same boat barging along doing 8-10 mph to "idle" under a bridge. In a yak, would you rather deal with a boat wake or 3' boat rollers?

Fightin' Texas Aggie '14

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Be Aware of the troll under the bridge on Conroe [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #12160080 03/27/17 04:15 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

This is dumb to me. I am NOT going to stick my hand in a hole if I know their is a rattlesnake in their. You know the law if you take your kids out and put them in a bad situation and get them hurt, its not the other guys fault you made a decision that has consequences. I think people like you just want to blame everyone else for your decisions. You can take your kayak and kids to a place where you will not be putting your own kids in danger. The laws are suppose to be for the majority not the one or two kayakers. You should take your own advice and use comment sense and just not go to a lake with your kayak with your kids that you know has a bridge that boats of all kinds can run through or next to. so BUD take your own advice

Re: Be Aware of the troll under the bridge on Conroe [Re: Bryan O'] #12160085 03/27/17 04:18 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
The other thing you can do is get the law changed but you are going to have a lot of boaters against you, good luck with that.

Re: Be Aware of the troll under the bridge on Conroe [Re: Bryan O'] #12160089 03/27/17 04:19 PM
T
Txduckhunter Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
This is why the TFF is great, changing attack modes in mid thread.......

Can we go back to meme's of the op?

Re: Be Aware of the troll under the bridge on Conroe [Re: RO519] #12160104 03/27/17 04:24 PM
C
cchoww Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Originally Posted By: RO519

Running on plane under a bridge isn't unsafe (the case here). Running under a bridge wide open is unsafe for the boat. A boat doing 30 (a reasonably safe speed) is throwing a smaller wake than the same boat barging along doing 8-10 mph to "idle" under a bridge. In a yak, would you rather deal with a boat wake or 3' boat rollers?

#AlternativeFacts

Re: Be Aware of the troll under the bridge on Conroe [Re: Bryan O'] #12160114 03/27/17 04:27 PM
S
SoCal Tom Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
One of the things we do in our Club tournaments is that sign or no sign, ALL bridges MUST be treated as no wake zones. It's just a safety thing. I don't want any of our guys to get hurt because someone was in a hurry.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

http://www.rayhubbardbassclub.com
President

Save the Date! 9th annual FFAC - Sunday October 27th, 2024 - Lake Ray Hubbard!
Re: Be Aware of the troll under the bridge on Conroe [Re: 921 Phoenix] #12160116 03/27/17 04:28 PM
Dan90210 ☮ Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Originally Posted By: 921 Phoenix

This is dumb to me. I am NOT going to stick my hand in a hole if I know their is a rattlesnake in their. You know the law if you take your kids out and put them in a bad situation and get them hurt, its not the other guys fault you made a decision that has consequences. I think people like you just want to blame everyone else for your decisions. You can take your kayak and kids to a place where you will not be putting your own kids in danger. The laws are suppose to be for the majority not the one or two kayakers. You should take your own advice and use comment sense and just not go to a lake with your kayak with your kids that you know has a bridge that boats of all kinds can run through or next to. so BUD take your own advice

I don't hang out in those places. I don't fish under bridges, legal or not because most of yall break the law even if they are marked. Not me pal. Others do hang out in those places.

I use my "comment" sense as you put it.

So stay on plane, operate in an unsafe manner as long as its legal.

Re: Be Aware of the troll under the bridge on Conroe [Re: tsspencer2887] #12160135 03/27/17 04:38 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted By: tsspencer2887
I have no opinion on the conversation except to quote from the Texas Water Safety Act, SubChapter D 31.106 Personal Watercraft.
"(a) No person shall operate a personal watercraft in the following manner or under the following circumstances: (4) within 50 feet of any other vessel, person, stationary platform or other object, or shore, except at headway speed;"

From 55.302 Definitions:
"(3) Headway speedSlow, idle speed, or speed only fast enough to maintain steerage on course."

I believe this should settle it. Most bridge pilings would fit this interpretation.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Be Aware of the troll under the bridge on Conroe [Re: Bryan O'] #12160136 03/27/17 04:40 PM
M
Mesquite Mark Offline
Angler
Angler
M
Whether you're in a no-wake zone or not, you are responsible for any injury or damage caused by your wake.

Two things in life you can never have to much of. Money or Fun!

Re: Be Aware of the troll under the bridge on Conroe [Re: Bryan O'] #12160139 03/27/17 04:41 PM
B
Bryan O' Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
B
Hey, sorry all, but the interweb is down here at my office. Been dealing with it this morning. I will respond later, I promise. Just don't want to have to do it via my phone. Good stuff though.

Bryan O'
Total Recreation Products Inc.
Commercial Park and Playground Products and Services
totalrecreation.net
Ranger Z521c 250ProXS V8
Re: Be Aware of the troll under the bridge on Conroe [Re: Mesquite Mark] #12160140 03/27/17 04:42 PM
RO519 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Mesquite Mark
Whether you're in a no-wake zone or not, you are responsible for any injury or damage caused by your wake.

Can we tell this to the wake surfing boats across the state and nation?

Fightin' Texas Aggie '14

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Be Aware of the troll under the bridge on Conroe [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #12160142 03/27/17 04:42 PM
Ghost4BH Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

Do you even have a fishing jersey, Brah?!?!?!

Re: Be Aware of the troll under the bridge on Conroe [Re: tsspencer2887] #12160152 03/27/17 04:45 PM
C
ChuChu1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted By: tsspencer2887
I have no opinion on the conversation except to quote from the Texas Water Safety Act, SubChapter D 31.106 Personal Watercraft.
"(a) No person shall operate a personal watercraft in the following manner or under the following circumstances: (4) within 50 feet of any other vessel, person, stationary platform or other object, or shore, except at headway speed;"

From 55.302 Definitions:
"(3) Headway speedSlow, idle speed, or speed only fast enough to maintain steerage on course."

You are misapplying the rule.

(14) "Personal watercraft" means a type of motorboat that is specifically designed to be operated by a person or persons sitting, standing, or kneeling on the vessel rather than in the conventional manner of sitting or standing inside the vessel

Snowflakes and entitled brats will be the doom of America!

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide