N
Neches Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted By: jcwebb70
Originally Posted By: Chris_K
Originally Posted By: west tex angler

I feel like each video should be titled, "Look at me, I'm cool" I know once you sign on to do those stupid videos, there are obligations, but, they aren't worth the time it takes.
Get a life.

Good Luck

YouTubers are there for entertainment and a few for instruction. Perhaps they are cool when they're getting 100k+ views and making well over 6 figures annually. Where do I sign up.
????

Just MHO, but most you tubers (with the exception of instructional) are narcissist. It's a by-product of our social media society. Now that is fine, to each their own, but let's call it what it is. DANG, I sound like my grandpa did 40 years ago.
Its their participation trophy. They all still live with mom and dad or are still on mom and dads dole.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Protect Our Resources [Re: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell] #12109556 02/24/17 03:47 AM
B
bradnitro175 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Wow this post went full tard

Originally Posted by Trickster
BIG FAT BASS LIVES MATTER

Re: Protect Our Resources [Re: Chris B] #12109663 02/24/17 07:28 AM
burner42 Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted By: Chris B
You know what's even worse? This new fad of putting all your fish in the livewell and driving them around the lake all day just to take a picture at the end of the day. We all know about half of tournament fish don't make past the next week after being released. No need in killing these fish for a stupid picture when you could snap a pic and release them after being caught.

I agree 1000%!!! I am not a big fan of all these tourney fisherman keeping fish for the weigh ins either, then holding them up for the crowd to see for 5 minutes plus after riding around in the livewell all afternoon, especially many of the tourney fishermen with older boats and outdated live wells. The Tournament Promoters need to follow MLF's (major league fishing) lead and catch, record and release on the spot. Too many nice fish are being killed just for weigh in and the weigh in show. But yes I agree the guys who hold onto them for picture purposes only at the end of the day are just being selfish.

2021 Phoenix 921 Elite
PB - Large Mouth Bass - 9.14

[Linked Image]

Re: Protect Our Resources [Re: burner42] #12109817 02/24/17 01:53 PM
E
Eddie201 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
E
Originally Posted By: burner42
You know what's even worse? This new fad of putting all your fish in the livewell and driving them around the lake all day just to take a picture at the end of the day. We all know about half of tournament fish don't make past the next week after being released. No need in killing these fish for a stupid picture when you could snap a pic and release them after being caught.

I agree 1000%!!! I am not a big fan of all these tourney fisherman keeping fish for the weigh ins either, then holding them up for the crowd to see for 5 minutes plus after riding around in the livewell all afternoon, especially many of the tourney fishermen with older boats and outdated live wells. The Tournament Promoters need to follow MLF's (major league fishing) lead and catch, record and release on the spot. Too many nice fish are being killed just for weigh in and the weigh in show. But yes I agree the guys who hold onto them for picture purposes only at the end of the day are just being selfish.

So, I need to quit fishing tournaments until I buy something newer than my 1990 Champion? I've lost 1 fish in 7 years, and that was due to pump going out.

Re: Protect Our Resources [Re: burner42] #12109875 02/24/17 02:30 PM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: burner42

At the end of the day, they are fish. WE CHOOSE To make catching them a "sport". The laws in place are for you to retain these fish to eat. We choose to release.
It's so simple that it's stupid.
Catch fish.
Treat them respectfully.
Keep them if you wish.
Release them if you wish.
Quit [censored] in on the other guys leg if he does something different than you do as long as he follows the rules.

Re: Protect Our Resources [Re: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell] #12110060 02/24/17 03:50 PM
A
AdvTX Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
A
I think the jacked jaws and carpet hurts them more than anything. It amazes me that people purposely put fish on the carpet.

The day after catching a lot of fish is still a good day.

Re: Protect Our Resources [Re: sprigsss] #12110065 02/24/17 03:50 PM
T
Ty's Team Offline
Angler
Angler
T
Originally Posted By: sprigsss
If tournament fishing its perfectly acceptable to ride around the lake all day and beat up 5 fish in the livewell, then hold them for pictures at a weigh in and do this on a pretty routine basis.

It is not okay for a weekend warrior to occaissionally have an unbelievable day and temporarily keep a few fish for a picture at the end of the day.

I have to admit that I am guilty of this. I do not do it for the photo op but rather for my kids (4-9 yrs...mainly the 4 year old)who like to play with the bass in the livewell. I usually only put the small 14-15 in bass in the well for them to play with. I usually throw the bigger ones back immediately. Actually, just this past weekend at the end of the day when throwing back the bass I mistakenly left one in the well. I got home and while organizing my culling balls (they play with those too) I noticed I left a bass in the well. It now resides in my freezer ready to get eaten. It was only 14 inches. Relax.

Re: Protect Our Resources [Re: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell] #12110327 02/24/17 05:47 PM
burner42 Offline
Angler
Angler
My point was that with as many tourneys happening every day on any given lake many fish are dying in live wells and the time it takes for weigh ins. Tourney promoters or someone needs to bring technology up so these fish have a better survival rate or implement a new procedure such as MLF. I fish because I enjoy it, catch a fish, if it's picture worthy I take a quick pic and release it. I have been away from fishing for 25 years. Built a business and got involved in other hobbies. Just started fishing again a year ago at all the same lakes I fished before. I can't say what has caused it, but many times I go without a bite or only catch small fish... fishing pressure, big fish being caught and kept, not sure. Just my opinion. I know at the end of the day they are just fish, but why not take an extra measure to see that future generations have fish to catch. And no, you shouldn't buy a new boat, especially if your livewell is working and your success rate is that good. But I have seen livewells that I wouldn't keep an old pair of shoes in!

2021 Phoenix 921 Elite
PB - Large Mouth Bass - 9.14

[Linked Image]

Re: Protect Our Resources [Re: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell] #12110487 02/24/17 07:28 PM
MikeSwain48 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
For Tourney Fishing, how about certified electric scales and some photo recognition app. You weight document and release. Would go to a live DB and you could have an evergreen board similar to MLF. As much as we spend on Technology we can do this

Re: Protect Our Resources [Re: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell] #12110504 02/24/17 07:38 PM
T
Thecrankster Offline
Angler
Angler
T
My son wants to do you tube and I'm all for it...Just because you don't agree that doesn't make it wrong...Too each his own...These kids bring more kids to fishing than anyone period along with High School fishing...Fishing was losing people left and right til High School fishing and You tube came along...When the big wigs couldn't figure out how to bring people to fishing a kid with a video camera knows how to get 100,000 people to watch him lol...

"Be willing to throw where others won't and you'll catch fish others dont"

"Never caught a fish with my lure out of the water"

Re: Protect Our Resources [Re: MikeSwain48] #12110506 02/24/17 07:40 PM
J
Jeezy Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted By: MikeSwain48
For Tourney Fishing, how about certified electric scales and some photo recognition app. You weight document and release. Would go to a live DB and you could have an evergreen board similar to MLF. As much as we spend on Technology we can do this

This is coming but still a few years away.

โ€œThe more you know about Donald Trump, the less likely you are to vote for him. The more you know about his business enterprises, the less successful he looks. The more you know about his political giving, the less Republican he looks.โ€ - Lindsey Graham, 2016
Re: Protect Our Resources [Re: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell] #12110685 02/24/17 10:25 PM
B
Bass-N-Buck Master Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Great Post mark its post like this that probably needs to remind everyone about how to take care of our resources cause someday they may be gone if we all don't appreciate and respect them.

Re: Protect Our Resources [Re: AdvTX] #12111112 02/25/17 03:33 AM
R
Rube G. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Originally Posted By: AdvTX
I think the jacked jaws and carpet hurts them more than anything. It amazes me that people purposely put fish on the carpet.

My fishin partner scooped this one up on Fork a few days ago. Classic example of a Bass that flopped all over the carpet.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide