Forums59
Topics1,039,735
Posts13,969,564
Members144,217
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: ** Annual White Bass/ Sand Bass Run Fishing Guide Report, Tips, Videos, & Tricks ** [Re: TarponFly] #11523083 04/05/16 04:32 PM
M
Mckinneycrappiecatcher Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
M
I have openings Saturday and Sunday, call or text to book $100/person

Re: ** Annual White Bass/ Sand Bass Run Fishing Guide Report, Tips, Videos, & Tricks ** [Re: TarponFly] #11540153 04/13/16 06:36 PM
M
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
M
Fishing is about to get crazy after this rain, but the run will be over by early May, book a trip before it's too late, $100/person call or txt to book

Re: ** Annual White Bass/ Sand Bass Run Fishing Guide Report, Tips, Videos, & Tricks ** [Re: TarponFly] #11550022 04/18/16 03:25 PM
T
TarponFly Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
T

Report: Well, most all creeps in DFW are at their peak spawn now. The big schools of females have made their push up most creeks last week and the week before, and with this rain a lot of hybrids will show up as well. The next week to two weeks if you know what you're doing you should be able to get well over 200 fish days. PlanoKeith and I hooked up at the creek before the rains. Before I got there Keith was already at 103 Magnum Sandies. Took me less than 45 minutes to put 25 fat female mags on the stringer. The tent caterpillars are out now. Every 30 seconds one would drop on us. When we walk around and stop we would look at our shirts and we do have 10 or so crawling on us. I got home and took a shower and I could still feel them crawling on me. Creepy. The creek looked like it was sprinkling. But it was the Catapillar's falling out of the trees nonstop.

We have approximately three weeks of good fishing until it starts trickling down and they all vacate the creeks.

We are still doing Wade trips for crappie too!

$100 per person for Sandies

$150 per person for Crappie

[Linked Image]

https://CowboyNavy.org ( please sign up if you have a boat )

Contact Number 469-528-0210

Facebook- Carey Thorn Foshing Guide
Re: ** Annual White Bass/ Sand Bass Run Fishing Guide Report, Tips, Videos, & Tricks ** [Re: TarponFly] #11550280 04/18/16 05:26 PM
JavelinJ Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
So educate me. They leave the main lakes and all go into the creeks for spawning? Is it worthless to try and fish the main lakes? What am i looking for in the creeks? Just a creek or???

Re: ** Annual White Bass/ Sand Bass Run Fishing Guide Report, Tips, Videos, & Tricks ** [Re: TarponFly] #11550447 04/18/16 06:23 PM
L
Lovfldx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
Egad man, if the first page of this thread DID NOT educate you on the spring white bass run, well, I will not go any further!

It covered EVERYTHING you need to know for the run!

Rudy

Re: ** Annual White Bass/ Sand Bass Run Fishing Guide Report, Tips, Videos, & Tricks ** [Re: TarponFly] #11550573 04/18/16 07:21 PM
JavelinJ Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Guess I didn't catch the first post. Just responded to the last.

Re: ** Annual White Bass/ Sand Bass Run Fishing Guide Report, Tips, Videos, & Tricks ** [Re: JavelinJ] #11550583 04/18/16 07:26 PM
M
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
M
Originally Posted By: txfour
So educate me. They leave the main lakes and all go into the creeks for spawning? Is it worthless to try and fish the main lakes? What am i looking for in the creeks? Just a creek or???
most leave but not all do, lots will spawn on windy points on the lake too

Re: ** Annual White Bass/ Sand Bass Run Fishing Guide Report, Tips, Videos, & Tricks ** [Re: TarponFly] #11563296 04/25/16 05:38 AM
T
TxPacker4 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Nick and I both had a single today, and we ended meeting up and let me say they were hungry today. For those of you thinking the run is over, let me tell you, it's in full swing right now. We pulled off the first limit in 37 minutes. The last limit was just over an hour and caught well over 250 fish total. Fish were hitting anything we threw at them. You could have put a Coke tab on a hook and would have caught a few fish. Started off with spinners, then got bored and switched to cranks. 1/8th rattle traps and X-raps. Got tired of treble hooks, and switched to curly tails on 1/16 oz jigheads white, black, chartreuse. Got bored of that and switch to jig and bobber with flukes. Albino, chartreuse, smoking shad. Got tired of bobbers and switched to finessing flukes. And I could go on and on... They bit EVERYTHING today. Everything was perfect today. Fish were in every hole we stopped in. Getcha some while the fishing is hot!

Cody Waddle
Licensed Fishing Guide
texasoklahomafishingguides.com
Re: ** Annual White Bass/ Sand Bass Run Fishing Guide Report, Tips, Videos, & Tricks ** [Re: TarponFly] #11564746 04/25/16 10:05 PM
T
TarponFly Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
T

Report: the morning was very very slow. To a point I was nervous about the customers not getting any fish. Right when we pulled up to the creek the air pressure plummeted four points. About 8:30 AM they started feeding hard and it turned into a fish every other cast. It wasn't the best day ever, but it was a very good day. With about 5 to 10 minute lulls between major runs. Most of the time one out of three people would have a fish on at any given moment. Bite got better in the day after the air pressure settled down. PlanoKeith,

is still down there whacking them on the fly rod. This last text he was over 120 fish. At One point, the fish slowed way down and would not hit a artificial baits. We cut some gizzard shad up to try for the hybrids swimming by, but the Sandies would not leave it alone we found out. Every cast we would hook up with a Sandbass, almost immediately on cut bait. Hooked two hybrids, hook pulled on both. They were a bit slow, but you could definitely see them sitting in the 2 to 4 foot of water. Fortunately for all the hybrids this year all have been released. Except for one fish that got guil but you could definitely see them sitting in the 2 to 4 foot of water. Fortunately for all the hybrids this year all have been released. Except for one fish that got gilled. Every time we would catch a hybrid, most of my clients would tell me they don't like to eat them because they taste bad? I guess it's just a acquired taste for every species of fish. Make sure you pull out the bloodline on the Sandy's and hybrids. That's what makes it taste fishy if you eat it.

$100/ person.

Less than two weeks in the run left. If you're thinking about going, now is the time. You wait more than two weeks it might be over.

Most fish caught on white 3 inch mr twister grubs.

Fly rod: Near Deeres and clousers

[Linked Image]

Re: ** Annual White Bass/ Sand Bass Run Fishing Guide Report, Tips, Videos, & Tricks ** [Re: TarponFly] #12109191 02/24/17 12:21 AM
T
TarponFly Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
T
Past weeks report:

Every day has been different. Some days we limit easily, some days we catch 15 to 20. Chartreuse, white, green, silver spinners/ small flukes or crappie jigs/ jig and bobber/ live minnows are all working

Read the first part of this thread before you ask questions, please.

$125/ per person.

4-5 hours fishing.

17+ years of happy clients.

Rated #1 Multispecies Guide Service in DFW

Guaranteed fish and fun.

Texting me is fastest way to book a trip.

[Linked Image]

Re: ** Annual White Bass/ Sand Bass Run Fishing Guide Report, Tips, Videos, & Tricks ** [Re: TarponFly] #12123660 03/04/17 06:29 PM
T
TarponFly Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
T
Thanks for the props.

Annual White Bass & Hybrid Striper Spawn Report

Rowlett Creek

Live minnows were key today.

Some on jig and bobber. Lots of 17-17.5 inch hybrids in the creeks. Make sure u measure them and ID them correctly. The two fish in holding are baby hybrids in the pic.

The first spot we started in this morning, was just stocked full of hybrids.

We actually left them to go find sandy's. We moved couple hundred yards down the creek and found just Sandy's there and no hybrids.

If the hybrids were bigger I would've stayed on them. Caught 11 hybrids within an hour with some double hook ups, all 17 1/2 inches

I saw dad and his son walking down the trail trying to find a spot. I've vaguely recognized him from previous years and I told him to come down and join me since he had a kid. Told the dad of were to cast to catch them. Unfortunately he had 8 to 10 pound fishing line on and I was catching them and he was not. I cut 2 feet of line off my rod and and tied it to his and rigged it up and they started whacking them The little one immediately started catching!

If you keep one of these fish below, if the game warden find you, over $200 fine right here.

[Linked Image]

Re: ** Annual White Bass/ Sand Bass Run Fishing Guide Report, Tips, Videos, & Tricks ** [Re: TarponFly] #12124327 03/05/17 01:59 AM
S
SunUpSunDown Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
very nice sir

Re: ** Annual White Bass/ Sand Bass Run Fishing Guide Report, Tips, Videos, & Tricks ** [Re: TarponFly] #12124390 03/05/17 02:43 AM
G
gotreal formerly known as getreal Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
G
yup i know i got a hybrid on very quickly after the bite. mean nasty

Re: ** Annual White Bass/ Sand Bass Run Fishing Guide Report, Tips, Videos, & Tricks ** [Re: TarponFly] #12126240 03/06/17 01:42 PM
T
TarponFly Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
T
Yesterday report:

I thought we were going to absolutely murder them yesterday, but it was just slow and steady. Every time it would start sprinkling we would not catch anything. As soon as it would stop they turn on again. It's pretty much a fish every 3 to 5 minutes. In the beginning the people throwing small Rapala's, we're beating my minnows 4:1. But when the sun got up a little higher and it got brighter, the fish left that deep hole and came up shallower to where we were when we started getting them. Took a solid five to 5 1/2 hours to get a 2 man limit. Everything was catching release yesterday. Caught a few baby hybrids.

Pretty much the whole morning they were eyeballing the bait. This one got a closer look than the rest.

I've been throwing this new color from http://constantpursuitoutfitters.com/product/double-jeopardy/ if you click on the link it goes directly to it. it's clear glitter with a chartreuse tail.

When it goes underwater it almost gives a purple hue like the glass minnows in the rapids that they are eating. If you catch one of the glass minnows and lift it up and look at it it's almost got a purple hue just like the Double Jeopardy Thump Buddy. Match the hatch. Toward the end of the trip I was catching more on this then minnows. I threw all colors of the tiny fluke, they wanted smaller jigs was all. These jigs are made of a beach ball kind of plastic. You almost can't rip them apart. If you glue these on a hook you will not lose or have to replace the jig body unless you lose the hook in the tree. During the run last year or the year before, I caught a little over 2100 Sandies on one Thump Buddy jig before I broke it off. Try and do that with a baby bass assassin Bobby Garland.

I have hit many many bait shops and so far this month the gas station just outside of Collin Park Marina on Parker Rd, has the best minnows. They are huge mediums. Same price as most places. These minnows are almost considered large ones. It's called Lakeway. It's directly across the street from Sonic. The best part of the whole thing is they open up at 5:30 AM. Everywhere else opens at six. I use a 1-2 lb per season on my trips.

Yesterday we went through a pound and a half. We caught around 60 to 70 fish. Problem was we were actually killing most of our minnows before we caught a fish. It was just so slow, we make repeated casts with the same minnow and eventually it would kill them. Most of the time I go through a half pound by 9 o'clock or earlier.

[Linked Image]

Re: ** Annual White Bass/ Sand Bass Run Fishing Guide Report, Tips, Videos, & Tricks ** [Re: TarponFly] #12126285 03/06/17 02:02 PM
J
jbobo Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J
Good report!

22 ft. Wellcraft Deep V CC
817-220-2312
www.bobosthumper.com
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index