Forums59
Topics1,039,636
Posts13,968,162
Members144,210
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Protect Our Resources [Re: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell] #12108920 02/23/17 09:32 PM
J
Jeezy Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Yep. Apples to oranges. Not to derail but I didn't need the link. I knew which one you were referring to. It was different because he was talking about something he commonly sees bass anglers do. When is the last time you saw a bass fisherman take a fish of any kind and throw it 15 feet in the air? I try to be careful about fish care. What Marc posted about went way beyond letting a fish hit the carpet.

โ€œThe more you know about Donald Trump, the less likely you are to vote for him. The more you know about his business enterprises, the less successful he looks. The more you know about his political giving, the less Republican he looks.โ€ - Lindsey Graham, 2016
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Protect Our Resources [Re: Ranger1] #12108926 02/23/17 09:35 PM
Huckleberry Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Ranger1
Originally Posted By: CoachCBA
Originally Posted By: Ranger1
I remember last week when Rube started a thread like this people jumped all over him...Ironic

Apples and oranges IMO.

Maybe this is why this is happening because some people can't see a difference between proper fish care and protecting our resources
Apples to oranges...Really????
http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/12097154/1/Caring_for_Bass

This guy was crappie fishing and what he did was wrong. The other was about guys making videos ... it's ok to throw fish way up in the air when making videos.

Re: Protect Our Resources [Re: Douglas J] #12108952 02/23/17 09:48 PM
B
Bobby Milam Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
B
Thought it was pretty self explanatory

Re: Protect Our Resources [Re: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell] #12108990 02/23/17 10:14 PM
J
JCBfromTHF Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Why so much hate for the YouTubers around here??? I watch a lot of those videos and honestly don't see majority of those guys treat fish any different than most tournament fishermen. In fact I would say most of those YouTubers treat them better than most tournament anglers.

Sure some of the YouTubers are loud and obnoxious but there are plenty of guys that find tournament fishermen loud and obnoxious as well.

And for the record........I don't even have a YouTube account so nobody can accuse me of being one of them. grin I did hold that big bass in my sig pic by the lower lip though. bolt

Re: Protect Our Resources [Re: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell] #12109007 02/23/17 10:26 PM
D
Dr JL Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
To Marc- nice post and it makes me mad just reading it.
If you don't respect our environment and resources then you dont have my respect.

Re: Protect Our Resources [Re: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell] #12109024 02/23/17 10:33 PM
InTheClear Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I think its sickening, and what a way to draw attention to yourself especially this time of year when there is an increase in boating traffic, fishing, and most importantly....patrolling and checking by the authorities. Life must be miserable for this human to take it out on a game-fish he certainly has zero respect for.

Re: Protect Our Resources [Re: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell] #12109083 02/23/17 11:11 PM
S
sprigsss Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
I dont condone launching fish into the air but I doubt it causes as much harm as a fish flopping around on dry carpet.

I mean how in the world do all of those fry survive that are pumped into reservoirs or dropped from helicopters?

There are two big differences i see.

Launching the bass was intentional disrespect. A fisherman swinging in a fish and letting it flop on the carpet isnt intentionally tfying to do harm.

The other difference is whether you are tournament fishing or not.

If tournament fishing its perfectly acceptable to ride around the lake all day and beat up 5 fish in the livewell, then hold them for pictures at a weigh in and do this on a pretty routine basis.

It is not okay for a weekend warrior to occaissionally have an unbelievable day and temporarily keep a few fish for a picture at the end of the day.

Honestly, im against neither, but that appears to be a common attitude around here.

We can all try our best to release every fish alive, but many will still die.

Obviously launching the bass isnt trying very hard, but im still betting that crappie fisherman will kill far fewer bass than us bass fisherman targeting bass.

The blatant disrespect is sickening though.

Last edited by sprigsss; 02/24/17 12:05 AM.
Re: Protect Our Resources [Re: sprigsss] #12109101 02/23/17 11:19 PM
J
JCBfromTHF Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted By: sprigsss

If tournament fishing its perfectly acceptable to ride around the lake all day and beat up 5 fish in the livewell, then hold them for pictures at a weigh in and do this on a pretty routine basis.

It is not okay for a weekend warrior to occaissionally have an unbelievable day and temporarily keep a few fish for a picture at the end of the day.

Nailed it!

And lets not forget how many Bass are pulled off beds this time of year and hauled to a weigh in only to be released miles from their nest. Im sure that's not a good thing to do but a blind eye seems to be turned to that practice in the name of $$$$$$.

I'm not saying I am against it (I use to tournament fish as well so I know how it is). I'm just saying not everyone is the guardian bass angel they think they are.

Re: Protect Our Resources [Re: JCBfromTHF] #12109181 02/24/17 12:14 AM
R
RedEar12 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
R
Originally Posted By: JCBfromTHF

Nailed it!

And lets not forget how many Bass are pulled off beds this time of year and hauled to a weigh in only to be released miles from their nest. Im sure that's not a good thing to do but a blind eye seems to be turned to that practice in the name of $$$$$$.

I'm not saying I am against it (I use to tournament fish as well so I know how it is). I'm just saying not everyone is the guardian bass angel they think they are.

+1

Re: Protect Our Resources [Re: RedEar12] #12109218 02/24/17 12:52 AM
C
Chasin Hogs Online Crying
TFF Team Angler
Online Crying
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted By: RedEar12

Nailed it!

+1
Lmao guardian angel. Some guys like to really think they are making money fishing bass tournaments so it's cool to haul bass around.

Re: Protect Our Resources [Re: JCBfromTHF] #12109294 02/24/17 01:35 AM
J
jcwebb70 Offline
Angler
Angler
J

Nailed it!

Glad someone else feels this way about the spawn. Would seem to be suicide for the sport by catching bass off the beds during spawn. No clue if there is any evidence, just seems like logical sense. Even if you catch and release the stress can't be good for the spawn. I wish they'd outlaw tournaments on lakes when the conditions are right for the majority to spawn. However, it's not my decision so I just do my part by leaving spawners alone and have fun with the pre/post spawners. We each have to do what we feel is right to sleep at night in all aspects of life I guess. I for one have grown more fond of wildlife than people:)

Marc, nothing changes unless people speak up about it. Some people may not know there is anything wrong unless they're told, sad, but is what it is.

Re: Protect Our Resources [Re: Chris_K] #12109308 02/24/17 01:43 AM
J
jcwebb70 Offline
Angler
Angler
J
Originally Posted By: Chris_K
Originally Posted By: west tex angler

I feel like each video should be titled, "Look at me, I'm cool" I know once you sign on to do those stupid videos, there are obligations, but, they aren't worth the time it takes.
Get a life.

Good Luck

YouTubers are there for entertainment and a few for instruction. Perhaps they are cool when they're getting 100k+ views and making well over 6 figures annually. Where do I sign up
????

Just MHO, but most you tubers (with the exception of instructional) are narcissist. It's a by-product of our social media society. Now that is fine, to each their own, but let's call it what it is. DANG, I sound like my grandpa did 40 years ago.

Re: Protect Our Resources [Re: AgSellers04] #12109317 02/24/17 01:45 AM
J
jcwebb70 Offline
Angler
Angler
J
Originally Posted By: AgSellers04
There will always be people who act disrespectfully and there will always be people who call them out for it. There will also always be people who act even more disrespectful in spite of being called out for it. The guy who chunked that fish probably knew good and well that what he was doing is disrespectful to the conservation minded bass fishing community.

Nailed it.

Re: Protect Our Resources [Re: Ryan Boykin] #12109355 02/24/17 02:08 AM
R
Rog Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
Originally Posted By: Ryan Boykin
A lot of these young YouTubers are bringing a lot of bad habits, disrespect, and general douchebaggery to the game. Not impressed.

Agree Mark!

Don't get on the YouTube guys too hard......that's where I get all my new spots. smile. Some do a nice job and are actually entertaining but your right about some of the others

Re: Protect Our Resources [Re: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell] #12109399 02/24/17 02:29 AM
B
beartrap Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
keep in mind that during a normal year,in a reservoir of any size,the bass spawn produces millions more fry than the reservoir can sustain...and...if you fish during a 3 month period in the spring,you are probably fishing for and catching bass that are in some phase of the spawn.....
look at the big picture....most of our bass lakes of any size have had multiple tournaments every month and some have several tournys a week and it has not hurt fishing a bit....reservoirs have good years and bad years probably due to loss of cover and/or bad spawning years but fishing is as good or better than it was 40 years ago in most lakes...look no further than Toledo bend....
no sense in deliberately hurting a fish but bass are a renewable resource...if we lose some fish after a tournament,keep in mind it is only a tiny fraction of the fish population in a big reservoir and there are millions of fingerlings being produced each year just waiting to take their place in the fish population....

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide