Forums59
Topics1,039,913
Posts13,972,162
Members144,222
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: guy got shot and killed over nothing in Bedford [Re: bloo_rainger] #12046502 01/18/17 12:11 PM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W
Where is the proof that the guy threatened he had gun? Reached behind back etc. Video? Recording? Or is bit just wife of shooter and shooter??? The lack of gun would lead me to suspect that it's bs.

Re: guy got shot and killed over nothing in Bedford [Re: bloo_rainger] #12046565 01/18/17 01:03 PM
T
tx_basser Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
Never ceases to amaze me at the derp in the world over stuff like this. Telling each other they have guns, etc.. only escalates the situation.

Re: guy got shot and killed over nothing in Bedford [Re: SkeeterRonnie] #12046587 01/18/17 01:32 PM
B
barndoor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

So he decides she is ok and says it's all good, then turns to me and says he thinks I have a problem. I get out of the car and approach his jeep while verbalizing how he needed to address me like a man. As I got closer he rolled up his window, as I got even closer I realized he had a pistol laying across his chest pointed at me with finger on the trigger.

You got out of your vehicle and approached another person vehicle in a threatening manner just because he told "you have a problem"? You was so busy trying to prove to your wife that you are man, which almost got you killed. I am glad you learned from your mistake. That could have easily been deemed as self-defense. I had a guy that jumped out the car on me and approched my car. I told him he better get back in his car and don't ever approach someone like that again.

Re: guy got shot and killed over nothing in Bedford [Re: chickenman] #12046588 01/18/17 01:32 PM
H
H.Town_paddler Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted By: chickenman
Originally Posted By: H.Town_paddler
Originally Posted By: chickenman
Originally Posted By: txfour
[quote=H.Town_paddler]
If he was inside his car I think he could be protected from a civil suit under the castle doctrine.

If he has a CCL and is cleared, he can't be pursued for a civil suit.

I'm pretty sure that is the case. I didn't know that either until someone posted it here a couple years ago. Think it was hop that posted it. Although I don't remember that you had to have a CCL or LTC. I thought as long as it was decided the CD was in effect you were free from any civil suits.

Why does Texas Law Shield sell insurance for Civil lawsuit representation? A majority of their sales pitch is dedicated to Civil lawsuit representation.

I think (and please let me emphasize the word think) that is for self defense where the castle doctrine does not apply. For example you are out in public and shoot someone in self defense you can be sued in civil court even if it is self defense. But as I understand it if you are in your home or car or any place where you have protection under the CD you have immunity from civil suit as long as the initial investigation showed the CD was in effect.

Re: guy got shot and killed over nothing in Bedford [Re: WAWI] #12046593 01/18/17 01:37 PM
H
H.Town_paddler Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted By: whatsaweighin
Where is the proof that the guy threatened he had gun? Reached behind back etc. Video? Recording? Or is bit just wife of shooter and shooter??? The lack of gun would lead me to suspect that it's bs.

We had a little unwritten rule when I was serving overseas. If you're going to shoot someone shoot them until they are dead. When only one person is alive to tell the story about what happened then that becomes the facts of the case. I suspect the shooter and his wife will have the same story and that will ultimately be the only thing the investigators have to go by.

Re: guy got shot and killed over nothing in Bedford [Re: bloo_rainger] #12046623 01/18/17 01:56 PM
R
RickS. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
I admit I have been somewhat of a road rager. I've done the old brake check many a time. I may or may not have cut in front of someone in traffic a few times to make a point. I may or may not have downshifted a few times to let my loud exhaust do my talking.
As I have gotten older, and times have gotten more violent. I tend to take that into consideration now before I act on some impulses. Also having a little girl who I'm her world keeps me mindful of stupid actions I would have acted on in the past.
That's why I have insurance. Let them handle it. The couple of accidents I have had. The very first thing out of my mouth whether it's my fault or theirs is are y'all OK. For most people that goes a long way to calm the situation. Not always. But I know I react accordingly to how people approach me. I would like to think everyone is pretty much the same.
I guess in a lot of ways I'm getting soft in my old age. Lol. It's just not worth the headache to me to argue over an accident. That's what coverage is for.

Re: guy got shot and killed over nothing in Bedford [Re: bloo_rainger] #12046636 01/18/17 02:01 PM
L
Laker One Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
Prayers up for victim's family and friends.

Side Note: Common since and good judgement goes a long way! Just my two cents.

Re: guy got shot and killed over nothing in Bedford [Re: TexasBlonde] #12046647 01/18/17 02:03 PM
R
redchevy Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: TexasBlonde
Why didn't he just give the guy his insurance information and tell him they would take care of the dent. Unless the victim was a total low life making a false allegation about a dent that has been there for 6 months. I realize there are those type of con artists out there too.

The moral of the story is do not tell someone you are armed when you are not.

Sounds to me like telling someone your armed is a fast way to escalate things in a bad way... probably never letting them know till you have to use it is a much better moral.

Someone getting shot over a parking lot ding... wow.

Re: guy got shot and killed over nothing in Bedford [Re: Laker One] #12046836 01/18/17 03:12 PM
B
barndoor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted By: Laker One
Prayers up for victim's family and friends.

Side Note: Common since sense and good judgement goes a long way! Just my two cents.

Re: guy got shot and killed over nothing in Bedford [Re: H.Town_paddler] #12046854 01/18/17 03:20 PM
JavelinJ Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Why does Texas Law Shield sell insurance for Civil lawsuit representation? A majority of their sales pitch is dedicated to Civil lawsuit representation.

I think (and please let me emphasize the word think) that is for self defense where the castle doctrine does not apply. For example you are out in public and shoot someone in self defense you can be sued in civil court even if it is self defense. But as I understand it if you are in your home or car or any place where you have protection under the CD you have immunity from civil suit as long as the initial investigation showed the CD was in effect. [/quote]

Castle law makes no difference. If you are licensed, cleared, you can't be chased down for civil suit. The insurance is there to help you fight/prove your case in the event you are indicted. But, once no billed or proven to be self defense via trial, no civil suit.

Re: guy got shot and killed over nothing in Bedford [Re: WAWI] #12046914 01/18/17 03:39 PM
SheldonS Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: whatsaweighin

We don't have all the facts. I'll bet that's what the detectives and DA are focusing on right now. Getting the facts.

Re: guy got shot and killed over nothing in Bedford [Re: bloo_rainger] #12046926 01/18/17 03:44 PM
R
redchevy Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
I completely support the second amendment, right to bear arms, and LTC, but I also completely believe that a large number of people with a LTC and who do pack heat do not have the responsibility or patience to act responsibly with it. Thankfully most never have or are put in a situation to use it.

Re: guy got shot and killed over nothing in Bedford [Re: redchevy] #12046933 01/18/17 03:47 PM
F
fitter2259 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: redchevy
I completely support the second amendment, right to bear arms, and LTC, but I also completely believe that a large number of people with a LTC and who do pack heat do not have the responsibility or patience to act responsibly with it. Thankfully most never have or are put in a situation to use it.

Wisdom.

Re: guy got shot and killed over nothing in Bedford [Re: bloo_rainger] #12046979 01/18/17 04:06 PM
Huckleberry Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
This entire thread is making me want to kick the chit out of someone!

Re: guy got shot and killed over nothing in Bedford [Re: bloo_rainger] #12046982 01/18/17 04:07 PM
S
swalker9513 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Be a duck, gentlemen. Just let it roll off...like water off a duck's back. There is very little in this life that is worth being killed or killing over. If you find yourself to be the kind of guy that HAS to be right or be respected, it's just a matter of time before you meet another one. Be a duck!

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide