Forums59
Topics1,040,293
Posts13,978,995
Members144,232
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Largemouth lakes around the plano/richardson area? [Re: Oboe] #11905380 10/28/16 07:12 PM
O
Oboe Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
O
I have fished bethany a lot recently. I saw someone say there was a fish kill, I did see that. But, I also snagged a few 3 or 4 lbers since. The smaller lake in the back seems to be dead now. I had a few bites, but most likely bluegill.

That being said, russell creek on mcdermott, the other day I caught a very nice bass right before sunset. Nice lake, the only issue is there are so many people there that will ask you questions, talk nonstop, etc etc. I don't mind, but as fishermen, I know sometimes we all like to just go out for a therapy session and fish.

I will try and post a picture if I can figure it out.

I have had majority of my recent success with a weedless baby brush hog watermelon with red flake. A few on whacky senkos as well.

Anyone else been having success?

And lastly, if you see a tall guy with a girl fishing with him, thats me. Come say hello! I don't know many people here, would be nice to grab a beer with someone aside from my wife ( laugh )

Re: Largemouth lakes around the plano/richardson area? [Re: Oboe] #11905396 10/28/16 07:20 PM
O
Oboe Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
O

Re: Largemouth lakes around the plano/richardson area? [Re: Oboe] #11905464 10/28/16 07:46 PM
O
OleMiss11 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
O
great pictures! I used to live right next to Russell Creek but have recently moved!

Re: Largemouth lakes around the plano/richardson area? [Re: OleMiss11] #11905512 10/28/16 08:16 PM
O
Oboe Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
O
it is a beautiful park, and definitely family friendly. I was surprised at the amount of bigger bass in there. I see a few people fishing there at times, but not many.

Caught a nice bass around the same size at Breckenridge right before dark.. much less consistent there though. Also had a snake bite on a baby brush hog right before complete darkness. That was enough for me to leave because he followed it right to the bank.

That being said, curious about that.

Saw a guy light a snake up with a little snake pistol there one evening, is that something tpwd would rather we do considering the foot traffic at those types of lakes or was that guy just being a little trigger happy eek

Re: Largemouth lakes around the plano/richardson area? [Re: Oboe] #11905595 10/28/16 09:17 PM
JJ4MEL Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
FYI, put a head lamp on at night and walk the banks. Lots of crawdads. Put them on free lined and catch some nice bass. Hard part is avoiding the turtles.

I believe discharging a firearm would be highly discouraged by Plano parks, TPWD, and Plano Law Enforcement.

Re: Largemouth lakes around the plano/richardson area? [Re: JJ4MEL] #11905857 10/28/16 11:54 PM
O
Oboe Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
O
crawdads at russel creek?

thanks for the info, figured they wouldnt want you to unless the snake is coming after you in the rare case.

Re: Largemouth lakes around the plano/richardson area? [Re: Oboe] #11906279 10/29/16 12:31 PM
B
Banker Fisherman Offline
Angler
Angler
B
Nice catch at Russell creek, I know what you mean about people stopping and talking. It's been a while since I fished that park since I moved up to Sherman. I still work in Frisco and will fish ponds before or after work. I tried this one pond yesterday off Preston and Wade Blvd on the North West corner and killed it in 30 min. It was from 6-6:30 last night and caught 8 bass ranging from 10-15in and it was all on a good ole yellow magic....there were two other guys there that walked over and were just amazed at me pulling in a fish after every 5th-6th cast.

[Linked Image]
Re: Largemouth lakes around the plano/richardson area? [Re: Banker Fisherman] #11908035 10/30/16 04:23 PM
O
Oboe Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
O
I am assuming you are talking about that wishbone shaped lake? I will go check that out after some football today. Going to head out somewhere.

Re: Largemouth lakes around the plano/richardson area? [Re: Oboe] #11908149 10/30/16 05:47 PM
B
Banker Fisherman Offline
Angler
Angler
B
Originally Posted By: Oboe
I am assuming you are talking about that wishbone shaped lake? I will go check that out after some football today. Going to head out somewhere.

Yea, it is in the shape of a wishbone. You can park at the BB&T parking lot and walk over to it. There is an office building that is closer, but I like the access you get when walking from the BB&T. The main pond is fed by two sides that are raised up about 4ft, kind of like two upper ponds. The main pond has the bass. If you are going later in the day like closer to 5:45-6 I could meet you there. Just PM me and we can meet up.

[Linked Image]
Re: Largemouth lakes around the plano/richardson area? [Re: Banker Fisherman] #11908872 10/31/16 01:40 AM
O
Oboe Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
O
sorry managed to miss this post. I will message your my phone number. We went up to the sports complex and my girl snagged a beauty. I will post it in a moment.

Re: Largemouth lakes around the plano/richardson area? [Re: Oboe] #11908879 10/31/16 01:43 AM
O
Oboe Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
O

Re: Largemouth lakes around the plano/richardson area? [Re: Oboe] #11909406 10/31/16 05:57 AM
C
ckcrew Offline
Angler
Angler
C

nice fish!

Re: Largemouth lakes around the plano/richardson area? [Re: Oboe] #11909647 10/31/16 02:20 PM
B
Banker Fisherman Offline
Angler
Angler
B
sorry managed to miss this post. I will message your my phone number. We went up to the sports complex and my girl snagged a beauty. I will post it in a moment.

Ahhhh yes, the good ole warren sports complex. Only fish there evening times, thats when I have caught the most and best fish. During the morning is ok, I don't like going during the day since you get the same problem at russell creek with a lot people stopping and talking. I went there during the day on one of my first times there and I had two kids following me around the pond asking me all these questions and wanting me to help with there fishing gear. Now I am all for helping young anglers, but just wasn't in the schedule that day:P

Did you get measurements on that lunker your girl caught? It looks like a decent size bessy in the picture.

There are some new/young ponds up in the northern frisco/prosper area that are promising as well. I also enjoy hitting up the ponds near the Childrens Medical Center since they have ponds as well as White Rock Creek running through there.

[Linked Image]
Re: Largemouth lakes around the plano/richardson area? [Re: Banker Fisherman] #11909828 10/31/16 04:08 PM
O
Oboe Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
O
Originally Posted By: Banker Fisherman

Ahhhh yes, the good ole warren sports complex. Only fish there evening times, thats when I have caught the most and best fish. During the morning is ok, I don't like going during the day since you get the same problem at russell creek with a lot people stopping and talking. I went there during the day on one of my first times there and I had two kids following me around the pond asking me all these questions and wanting me to help with there fishing gear. Now I am all for helping young anglers, but just wasn't in the schedule that day:P

Did you get measurements on that lunker your girl caught? It looks like a decent size bessy in the picture.

There are some new/young ponds up in the northern frisco/prosper area that are promising as well. I also enjoy hitting up the ponds near the Childrens Medical Center since they have ponds as well as White Rock Creek running through there.

Beautiful park, not as bad in regards to people there. Less foot traffic if the junior football games arent going. Definitely an evening spot, but I love the view up there during the day so we got up there around two.

Surprisingly enough, we caught about 30 in the last 2 hours. About 5 for the first couple. I had a man with his two kids using a crappie jig looking thing and 80lb test, surf casting reels, huge bobbers, etc follow us around for a bit to watch what we were doing. Imitation is the best form of flattery i suppose.

As for that lunker, it was just over 8. It looked as if it had just eaten a ton or was pregnant (i dont know anything about spawns here yet so that puzzled me a bit). Either way, it almost took my wife into the lake with her! We saw multiple bass around 5 and up right before sundown.

Re: Largemouth lakes around the plano/richardson area? [Re: Oboe] #11909930 10/31/16 05:10 PM
B
Banker Fisherman Offline
Angler
Angler
B
Yea Oboe, that pond gets a lot of football, socer, and big softball tournaments....It always amazes me what some people bring out to fish with...but hey, thats what we can help them out with. I had this one guy at a pond once with what looked like a 8' salt water casting set up and was throwing at least an 7" swim bait..Also one time I was at the sports complex there was a guy in waders that went out about 5-6feet from the bank near the creek channel of the pond and was fly fishing. Didnt see him catch anything, but I think he was practicing cause it looked like he spent most of his time fixing his line.

And thats a great size bass, most likely fat on bluegill and baby turtles, feeding up for the winter. Spawning will happen in spring time when waters are around 60 degrees and remain stable around that temp. Right now the bass will feed up in shallows on bait fish and etc..

[Linked Image]
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide