Forums59
Topics1,040,256
Posts13,978,498
Members144,232
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Sinkey] #11637756 05/31/16 06:34 PM
Ken A. Offline OP
Groovy
OP Offline
Groovy
Originally Posted By: Sinkey
YES............
Reminds me of a time I was fishing Chigger Ridge on Fork in a Media tournament. Wearing them out!!!! And some knuckle head and a youngster come right up on us and start throwing DD22's all around us. Not sure who they were, Ken, you may know them. Then the trash talking began......... roflmao

I think I know the Joker!! cheers

You and Brad put on a Long Leader C-Rig Clinic that afternoon!

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Sinkey] #11637760 05/31/16 06:35 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
YES............
Reminds me of a time I was fishing Chigger Ridge on Fork in a Media tournament. Wearing them out!!!! And some knuckle head and a youngster come right up on us and start throwing DD22's all around us. Not sure who they were, Ken, you may know them. Then the trash talking began......... roflmao

roflmao

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Ken A.] #11637988 05/31/16 07:59 PM
JacksonBean Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

We were fishing a spot on LBJ during Champs a few weeks ago and happened to be the only boat on the end of the long point. It can be a community hole at times but isn't covered in grass this year so it's not as popular anymore. There were no boats around and I noticed a green marker floating 30 yards or so from us and didn't think anything about it as we were slowly moving up the point toward the shore but fishing slowly. A guy in a older Bullet with a Yamaha is fishing toward us from the shore and coming fast straight at us. He pulls up closer than I've ever had anyone come in on us (opposite side of us than the marker) and throws his huge anchor over making a crazy splash and I'm shocked in disbelief. I'm more amazed that my brother (6'3", 240 and loves physical altercation) is just sitting there looking at him and fishing. He pulls his phone out of his pocket and puts in on his front butt seat and starts the video (pointed at us) and says..... "Hey... You can't fish this close to me. I'm anchored!" bang

[Linked Image]
Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: JacksonBean] #11638041 05/31/16 08:21 PM
Kay Dyson Offline
HOT Mess!!!
HOT Mess!!!
Originally Posted By: JacksonBean

We were fishing a spot on LBJ during Champs a few weeks ago and happened to be the only boat on the end of the long point. It can be a community hole at times but isn't covered in grass this year so it's not as popular anymore. There were no boats around and I noticed a green marker floating 30 yards or so from us and didn't think anything about it as we were slowly moving up the point toward the shore but fishing slowly. A guy in a older Bullet with a Yamaha is fishing toward us from the shore and coming fast straight at us. He pulls up closer than I've ever had anyone come in on us (opposite side of us than the marker) and throws his huge anchor over making a crazy splash and I'm shocked in disbelief. I'm more amazed that my brother (6'3", 240 and loves physical altercation) is just sitting there looking at him and fishing. He pulls his phone out of his pocket and puts in on his front butt seat and starts the video (pointed at us) and says..... "Hey... You can't fish this close to me. I'm anchored!" bang

There would be some type of altercation after weigh in if it had been me and my brother...LOL. I've seen him try to walk on water to get a guy.. roflmao

Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Ken A.] #11638164 05/31/16 09:12 PM
C
Captain Chunk Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Down on Toledo Bend a few weeks ago, fishing a hump when a couple of guys stroll on by us. They start driving around and are clearly graphing something and do so for about 5 minutes when out comes the marker buoy. It couldn't have been less than 30 yards from us. They dropped the trolling motor and started firing big crank baits while my partner and I just sit there shaking our heads. About the 3rd cast the guy in the front gets hung up and spends about 25 minutes trying to free his lure. Served them right.

Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Ken A.] #11638636 06/01/16 12:33 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
I feel this way about marker buoys....

If you are throwing them out to mark a spot so you can get off to a casting distance and FISH IT. fine. If you are throwing out buoys and going down the bank and NOT fishing it, and it's a place I want to fish...tough [censored]. I'm fishing it. This isn't unreasonable. A fishing spot is first come first serve. Just because you threw out a marker certainly doesn't make it "off limits", nor does it make it yours. That's not the intention of a marker. A marker just allows you a reference to where you are casting on the surface in relation to the structure or fish you have found below.

A maker doesn't reserve the spot. It doesn't mean anything. It is for the owners reference. If you are within 50-60 yards of your marker, I ain't fishing it. Obviously you are and that's way too close to fish to someone. If I look around and don't see a boat within a reasonable distance, and I want to fish the spot....too bad. Haha.

I am not a rude fishing, pot licking, guy. But to expect another boater to NOT fish a spot because you threw your floaty on a spot IS rude. And ,IMO stupid.

Just my respectful observations.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Ken A.] #11638711 06/01/16 12:55 AM
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
Lowrance point 1 has made it simple enough to not throw a buoy anymore smile

Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: SteezMacQueen] #11638744 06/01/16 01:03 AM
Ken A. Offline OP
Groovy
OP Offline
Groovy
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
A marker just allows you a reference to where you are casting on the surface in relation to the structure or fish you have found below.

A maker doesn't reserve the spot. It doesn't mean anything. It is for the owners reference.

Agreed.

And if I stray off more than 50-60 yards from it you are welcome to fish all over it. I have even left my buoy intentionally and ran a short distance, say 1/4 mile away to quickly check another spot, only to see another boat pull up and spot the buoy and start fishing near it. That doesn't bother me a bit. I'll even leave it for you. They're like what, $2.00 apiece!

What bothers me is some waterhead pulling up on you, and seeing you throwing at the buoy, idling around it to see what you're fishing! argue

Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Ken A.] #11638868 06/01/16 01:38 AM
S
Slide_R Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
One day I was out on Fork when my steering cable broke. I started circling round this marker buoy like a crazy man. Well I am pushing all sorts of buttons trying to get my motor to shut off but in my panic nothing was working. Finally this saint of man that turns water into gold threw a buoy at me hitting my kill switch and saving me from near disaster. I felt bad that could not give him his marker back because it was made of gold with embossed K's on each end. To this day I was wondering who this noble legend in a Legend was so all I can say is a big THANK YOU... welcome

Robert Oleson
aka Slide_R

Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: SteezMacQueen] #11638967 06/01/16 02:23 AM
B
beeflover Offline
Angler
Angler
B
I like what your saying Steez, not only do people move in us but sometimes fisherman are misusing the buoys to hog water.

Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Ken A.] #11639075 06/01/16 03:04 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Makes me happy I don't have any spots anyone else wants. Then again waypoints are overrated when you fish 2' or less most of the time..... roflmao

Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Slide_R] #11639415 06/01/16 12:16 PM
Ken A. Offline OP
Groovy
OP Offline
Groovy
Originally Posted By: Slide_R
One day I was out on Fork when my steering cable broke. I started circling round this marker buoy like a crazy man. Well I am pushing all sorts of buttons trying to get my motor to shut off but in my panic nothing was working. Finally this saint of man that turns water into gold threw a buoy at me hitting my kill switch and saving me from near disaster. I felt bad that could not give him his marker back because it was made of gold with embossed K's on each end. To this day I was wondering who this noble legend in a Legend was so all I can say is a big THANK YOU... welcome

Robert, something about you just ain't quite right! roflmao

And I was in a Bullet that day!

Last edited by Ken A.; 06/01/16 12:17 PM.

Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Ken A.] #11639859 06/01/16 03:23 PM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Originally Posted By: Ken A.
YES............

It was all fun and games til you pulled the over out and showed us! lol. Put a damper on our 9 lbs of unders!

Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Sinkey] #11639956 06/01/16 04:09 PM
Kay Dyson Offline
HOT Mess!!!
HOT Mess!!!
Originally Posted By: Ken A.
YES............

It was all fun and games til you pulled the over out and showed us! lol. Put a damper on our 9 lbs of unders!

I remember that, it was a June Media event.. Yeah, Ken stole a lot of thunder that day we had 11.05 for 5 unders.. We watched Ken and Dustin whaling fish on traps in front of the Oak Ridge ramp as we both eased over to weigh in at the bucket.. Didn't need any buoy's that day, they were on like Donkey Kong... cheers

Re: Let's Hear Your Best "Some guy came up & started fishing my marker buoy" Story [Re: Ken A.] #11640027 06/01/16 04:35 PM
Ken A. Offline OP
Groovy
OP Offline
Groovy
It was my 10 mins of Fame... clap

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide