Re: Bass Champs coming to Orange, TX [Re: kellisag] #11598710 05/12/16 01:18 PM
J
Jimfishes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted By: kellisag
Originally Posted By: blueduck
1442, realize the Sabine River is more or less the boundary for Tx/La, if we were to fish say east of the river, would we have to get a La fishing license?

Yes you will need a La license if you plan to fish LA waters. Anything east of the natural river bank.

Both states agreed a few years ago to allow licensed anglers from each state to fish accessible waters from either state without buying a non resident license. Check out TPWD and LDWF sites...

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Bass Champs coming to Orange, TX [Re: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)] #11598802 05/12/16 01:57 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
So you're saying no matter how far east you run, you only need a TX license? I don't think so

Re: Bass Champs coming to Orange, TX [Re: Jimfishes] #11598809 05/12/16 02:02 PM
K
kellisag Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
Originally Posted By: Ol Man River
Originally Posted By: kellisag
Originally Posted By: blueduck
1442, realize the Sabine River is more or less the boundary for Tx/La, if we were to fish say east of the river, would we have to get a La fishing license?

Yes you will need a La license if you plan to fish LA waters. Anything east of the natural river bank.

Both states agreed a few years ago to allow licensed anglers from each state to fish accessible waters from either state without buying a non resident license. Check out TPWD and LDWF sites...

Straight from LDWF
Texas Reciprocal

Louisiana seniors, 65 years of age and older, are not required to purchase a non-resident license to fish in all public waters in Texas. These anglers will be allowed to fish Texas water bodies with a Louisiana Senior fishing license but shall comply with Texas law.

Senior anglers are advised that anglers turning 60 before June 1, 2000 are also required to possess a Louisiana Senior fishing license when fishing in Texas, except in border waters. Louisiana residents from 17 to 64 years of age will still be required to purchase a non-resident fishing license when fishing in Texas, except when fishing in border waters.

In all border waters, except the Gulf of Mexico, Texas and Louisiana anglers possessing the necessary resident licenses, or those exempted from resident licenses for their state, are allowed to fish the border waters of Louisiana and Texas without purchasing non-resident licenses. Border waters include Caddo Lake, Toledo Bend Reservoir, the Sabine River and Sabine Lake.

Louisiana is also allowing Texas senior residents 65 years of age and older, to fish throughout Louisianas public waters if they possess any type valid Special Texas Resident licenses for seniors as issued by Texas Parks and Wildlife, any type of water, saltwater or freshwater. Even Texas residents born before September 1, 1930 must possess the Texas Special Resident Fishing license when fishing in Louisiana, except in border waters.

This only pertains to the border waters(unless you are a senior citizen). Like I said if you are going to get anywhere east of the Sabine riverbank or Sabine Lake you are no longer in the border waters and must have a LA license.

Re: Bass Champs coming to Orange, TX [Re: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)] #11599045 05/12/16 03:48 PM
L
LukeMcFarlane Offline
Angler
Angler
L
Kellisag is correct. If you leave the main river which is half la half tx you are no longer in a border water since it isnt touching texas anymore.

Re: Bass Champs coming to Orange, TX [Re: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)] #11599053 05/12/16 03:54 PM
Monte Reagan Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Fun-n-Sun will be there so start making plans to bring your steaks and guitars!!!!

Re: Bass Champs coming to Orange, TX [Re: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)] #11599061 05/12/16 03:56 PM
Monte Reagan Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
They say there is a lot of small fish there well hell that's what Lance and I specialize in!!!!LOL

Re: Bass Champs coming to Orange, TX [Re: Monte Reagan] #11599073 05/12/16 04:03 PM
N
Nutman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted By: Monte Reagan
Fun-n-Sun will be there so start making plans to bring your steaks and guitars!!!!

don't forget the banjo for all those Cajuns !!!!
& maybe a washboard or 2 ...... or is that warshboad.

Re: Bass Champs coming to Orange, TX [Re: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)] #11605375 05/16/16 02:08 PM
S
Stanfo Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
They confirmed it at LBJ this weekend, all I can say is its disappointing that BassChamps cant work something out thats centrally located. Seems like a big advantage to the eastern region anglers. I have to fish 3 different regions to qualify and its upsetting to find out they wont work toward making it easier on the anglers from the other regions because a location that far away makes the trip @ $1000 and thats just not practical for myself and Im sure many other people that were looking forward to the championship. I wont be going to the Sabine and its hard not to feel somewhat cheated...

Brady Stanford
O. H. Ivie Guide
World Record Holder 🏆
Re: Bass Champs coming to Orange, TX [Re: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)] #11605568 05/16/16 03:31 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Red river is a good trip if you are in central Texas. Texoma too, I think they tried going somewhere that they don't normally go.

Re: Bass Champs coming to Orange, TX [Re: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)] #11605632 05/16/16 03:50 PM
1442 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
A local news article stated that the city of Orange was putting up a lot of money to get Champs to come here, and expected the event to bring in $2million of revenue for the local economy.

That seems like very high expectations of the profitability of the event but I don't know nuthin bout that.

I do know:

Competitors will be launching in brackish water that is very corrosive compared to fresh water lakes. It requires extra care to mimimize effects of the salty water on boats, trailers, baits, and equipment.
If you have a tube trailer and launch at the launch site, you will have corrosion issues from the water getting inside.
If you use a worm hook or a lure and put it back in a box with other hooks or lures, you will have rusty hooks.
Your motor will need to be flushed well and anything on your boat will suffer from the effects of corrosion from carpet to aluminum or anything else that is not cleaned very well afterwards.
Your reels will need a real good cleaning or you will see corrosion effects like you have never seen if you've never fished brackish water before.

Sure you can make a run to fresh water fishing areas and minimize a lot of the corrosion issues, but you will not be able to avoid it all together and I think it is something that should be considered by people who typically do not fish environments like we have here.

It's no big deal to a lot of folks, but I know a lot of folks that will not put their boats in this far down the rivers either.

I have reels that I use here and I have my best and newest reels that I try very hard not to use here because they will require extra cleaning and maintenance to keep performance up.

So! travelling here is just the start of increases that a lot of folks will have to endure to fish here and I want y'all who aren't accustomed to fishing areas like this to be aware and consider what you will encounter when you do get here.

Not trying to discourage anyone from coming at all, but I will say that I think it is a very poor choice for a Championship for a lot of reasons.
I'm not fishing this event, but I would iffins I wuz qualified, so this is just a personal opinion of a local who has fished some Champs in the past, and the opinion comes with a money back guarantee if not completely satisfied.

2cents

Re: Bass Champs coming to Orange, TX [Re: 1442] #11605779 05/16/16 05:01 PM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: 1442
A local news article stated that the city of Orange was putting up a lot of money to get Champs to come here, and expected the event to bring in $2million of revenue for the local economy.

That seems like very high expectations of the profitability of the event but I don't know nuthin bout that.

I do know:

Competitors will be launching in brackish water that is very corrosive compared to fresh water lakes. It requires extra care to mimimize effects of the salty water on boats, trailers, baits, and equipment.
If you have a tube trailer and launch at the launch site, you will have corrosion issues from the water getting inside.
If you use a worm hook or a lure and put it back in a box with other hooks or lures, you will have rusty hooks.
Your motor will need to be flushed well and anything on your boat will suffer from the effects of corrosion from carpet to aluminum or anything else that is not cleaned very well afterwards.
Your reels will need a real good cleaning or you will see corrosion effects like you have never seen if you've never fished brackish water before.

Sure you can make a run to fresh water fishing areas and minimize a lot of the corrosion issues, but you will not be able to avoid it all together and I think it is something that should be considered by people who typically do not fish environments like we have here.

It's no big deal to a lot of folks, but I know a lot of folks that will not put their boats in this far down the rivers either.

I have reels that I use here and I have my best and newest reels that I try very hard not to use here because they will require extra cleaning and maintenance to keep performance up.

So! travelling here is just the start of increases that a lot of folks will have to endure to fish here and I want y'all who aren't accustomed to fishing areas like this to be aware and consider what you will encounter when you do get here.

Not trying to discourage anyone from coming at all, but I will say that I think it is a very poor choice for a Championship for a lot of reasons.
I'm not fishing this event, but I would iffins I wuz qualified, so this is just a personal opinion of a local who has fished some Champs in the past, and the opinion comes with a money back guarantee if not completely satisfied.

2cents

Wonder how they figure 2 million? Thats just unrealistic. There's no telling how brackish the water will be come tournament time but right now it can't be to bad. Way to much water flowing with all the rain. Now you go running the ship channel that's different. I don't know how many will show up to fish but I bet a lot come practice and decide it's not worth it. If you fish anywhere besides right by the ramp your looking at a tank of gas there and back, there's not a lot of in between water to fish. We'll see what happens come time to fish. The water can change drastically in a few weeks time and what you found a week ago might be dry land by the time you get back.

Last edited by the skipper; 05/16/16 05:02 PM.
Re: Bass Champs coming to Orange, TX [Re: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)] #11605870 05/16/16 05:40 PM
L
LukeMcFarlane Offline
Angler
Angler
L
Right now the water is extremely fresh. I have never had any issue with reels or equipment due to the "brackish" water. Just rinse your boat and trailer down when you are done and no problems.

Re: Bass Champs coming to Orange, TX [Re: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)] #11606095 05/16/16 07:02 PM
1442 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Right now the water is fresh for sure, Record floods and still flowing since then. That is not normal.

Re: Bass Champs coming to Orange, TX [Re: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)] #11606108 05/16/16 07:07 PM
L
LukeMcFarlane Offline
Angler
Angler
L
Toledo just opened a few more gates. It is gonna be flowing for awhile

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide