Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Future of Tawakoni? [Re: Fishboy Frank] #11561827 04/24/16 01:16 PM
Capt. Michael Littlejohn Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Fishboy Frank
Red Ranger and SALLSUE. I agree and most on here are in agreement. Most. Have enjoyed the conversation on this thread. Most of it. I told someone this morning. "A fire goes out when you stop putting wood on it." No more wood for me. Time to take my "ignorant" self to Church. And for the record I will never keep my religion to myself. It's not religion to me. I've started a Church On The Dock. We'll be praying for all the guides and all the lakes. That's what matters to me. My friends know me. Sometimes in life it helps to check oneself in the mirror and see what is truly reflecting back. Disrespecting people won't gain you a lot of friends or followers. Peace.

thumb

Michael Littlejohn's Full-Time Lake Tawakoni Guide Service
www.tawakoniguideservice.com
Click HERE for Recent CATCH Photos!

Re: Future of Tawakoni? [Re: Fishboy Frank] #11561882 04/24/16 01:50 PM
Y
Yaffe (Jeff) Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Y
Red Ranger and SALLSUE. I agree and most on here are in agreement. Most. Have enjoyed the conversation on this thread. Most of it. I told someone this morning. "A fire goes out when you stop putting wood on it." No more wood for me. Time to take my "ignorant" self to Church. And for the record I will never keep my religion to myself. It's not religion to me. I've started a Church On The Dock. We'll be praying for all the guides and all the lakes. That's what matters to me. My friends know me. Sometimes in life it helps to check oneself in the mirror and see what is truly reflecting back. Disrespecting people won't gain you a lot of friends or followers. Peace.

Amen My RHSA brother!!

Re: Future of Tawakoni? [Re: Streetwalker] #11561901 04/24/16 02:00 PM
K
kodys'papa Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
I have seen posts from guides on this forum to think about catch and release while I see their hero shots of "limits" of dead fish... That stopped my donations to the LTSA
I appreciate the efforts of Michael littlejohn to limit the harvest of blues on tawakoni, in my uneducated way of thinking, it will be beneficial in the long run.
I have read the texoma guides saying "I am just trying to feed my family"... We all are and that is the profession you chose
Limits need to be reduced on fish that do not reproduce on this and every lake in Texas.
Guide licenses should be renewed each year with the price of the license increased to cover some of the costs to restock what they take from lakes that have been built and maintained with state and federal funds. They will just pass that increased cost along to their customers, just like they did when gas was over $3 per
gallon.

Last edited by kodys'papa; 04/24/16 03:32 PM.

Hooking a fish is like playing string with a cat. The exact size, shape, color of string matters less than how you wiggle it- and little cats are easier to fool than big ones. John Gierach
Re: Future of Tawakoni? [Re: Fishboy Frank] #11562017 04/24/16 03:11 PM
T
TCK73 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T

Well said sir.

Re: Future of Tawakoni? [Re: Streetwalker] #11562133 04/24/16 04:28 PM
S
skeeter22 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
I am old enough to remember when there was no limit on white bass and Texoma didn't yet have stripers. I remember the first hybrid stockings. We are really fortunate to have a year round fishery. Limits are set to allow consumption and have enough brood stock to keep the population at sustainable levels. We've got it good!

Re: Future of Tawakoni? [Re: skeeter22] #11562144 04/24/16 04:38 PM
Fishboy Frank Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: skeeter22
I am old enough to remember when there was no limit on white bass and Texoma didn't yet have stripers. I remember the first hybrid stockings. We are really fortunate to have a year round fishery. Limits are set to allow consumption and have enough brood stock to keep the population at sustainable levels. We've got it good!

I may not be too far behind you Skeeter! You are so right. We got it good. I have friends from all over that come to Texas and fish. They are blown away at how well our lakes are sustained. That's no accident. It's takes a lot of work by the State and now the private sector also. Great points.

Re: Future of Tawakoni? [Re: Streetwalker] #11562232 04/24/16 05:54 PM
D
DrWhiplash Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Future of Tawakoni ........ Ray Hubbard, Cedar Creek, Cooper, Whitney and Texoma etc. (in pic below)

Proud supporter of the LTSA and RHSA !! And I pay taxes and keep up with yearly fishing and hunting license texas grin

Does it look like I care? taz

Future is bright...

Re: Future of Tawakoni? [Re: DrWhiplash] #11562237 04/24/16 05:58 PM
Y
Yaffe (Jeff) Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Y
Originally Posted By: DrWhiplash
Future of Tawakoni ........ Ray Hubbard, Cedar Creek, Cooper, Whitney and Texoma etc. (in pic below)

Proud supporter of the LTSA and RHSA !! And I pay taxes and keep up with yearly fishing and hunting license texas grin

Future is bright...

Yes it is....Love it!!

Re: Future of Tawakoni? [Re: Streetwalker] #11562240 04/24/16 06:00 PM
44 Diesel Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
If you just want fish to eat go the the fish market, a lot better tasting than stripers/hybrids and a lot cheaper than driving to the Lake.. Go to one of the talapia lakes then you can keep all you want and use whatever method you desire.

Re: Future of Tawakoni? [Re: DrWhiplash] #11562324 04/24/16 07:16 PM
Fishboy Frank Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: DrWhiplash

Future is bright...

Thanks Terry for keeping it real. I met Terry and Ray on the lake one day years ago. This was before Max and Reese were born. We've become like family and brothers through our friendship and RHSA. Every breakfast, fundraiser tournament and auction they are there. I said in an earlier comment it's about much more than fishing to many of us. We even have a group text that stays lit up all day. We pray when one of us is sick or one of us is in need. One of our buddies has meningitis right now. We are there for him. We are supporting a very sick guide right now that needed spiritual and financial help. People have really stepped up. See what some people don't understand if we are in it for the relationships first- the fishing comes second. If any one of our crew needed help people would be lined up to help. So yea- we raise money for RHSA. But the real benefit is each other. We benefit from each other. Oh and Jeff who I posted to in this thread. Lost everything to the tornado. We were there for Jeff also. It's what you do for others that means the most in life. Fishing just happens to have brought us all together.

Last edited by Fishboy Frank; 04/24/16 07:24 PM.
Re: Future of Tawakoni? [Re: Fishboy Frank] #11562364 04/24/16 07:47 PM
C
chrisc/striper express guide service Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Doc whiplash for president 2016!!! It was so windy brutal windy day on big T today but we got Sandies & stripers can't wait to have hybrids in the mix!

Lake Texoma Striper Guide Chris Carey

Re: Future of Tawakoni? [Re: Streetwalker] #11562600 04/24/16 10:29 PM
R
Rockwall Roy Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
I just want some gold fish now. This was very entertaining.

Re: Future of Tawakoni? [Re: Streetwalker] #11562742 04/24/16 11:39 PM
S
skeeter22 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Thanks for the photos, Whiplash. Adorable kids for sure. In the words of Al Sharpton, "you are keeping it real". thumb

Re: Future of Tawakoni? [Re: Streetwalker] #11563301 04/25/16 06:02 AM
M
Mckinneycrappiecatcher Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
M
Dear lord why are y'all knocking on these Texoma guys, they're just trying to make a living and survive. Sandbass breed like rabbits, they're everywhere and with the high water years we've had there won't be a shortage of them. Tpwd does annual surveys of fish populations, if hybrid and striper populations look bad, theyll change the limits, it's as easy as that. It's not the texoma guides fault that the lake is nuclear orange and unfishable, they have to go where the fish are so they can keep their businesses up and running and make ends meet. This isn't a permanent thing either, texoma guides probably don't like that they have to drive all the way to tawakoni just as much as you tawakoni guys don't like them out there. the majority of the hybrids and striper are stocked by the state, the lake is a public place and the fish are a public resource which our guide licenses and fishing licenses go to pay for. They have just as much of a right to those fish as anybody else.

Re: Future of Tawakoni? [Re: Mckinneycrappiecatcher] #11563495 04/25/16 12:52 PM
Fishboy Frank Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher
Dear lord why are y'all knocking on these Texoma guys, they're just trying to make a living and survive. Sandbass breed like rabbits, they're everywhere and with the high water years we've had there won't be a shortage of them. Tpwd does annual surveys of fish populations, if hybrid and striper populations look bad, theyll change the limits, it's as easy as that. It's not the texoma guides fault that the lake is nuclear orange and unfishable, they have to go where the fish are so they can keep their businesses up and running and make ends meet. This isn't a permanent thing either, texoma guides probably don't like that they have to drive all the way to tawakoni just as much as you tawakoni guys don't like them out there. the majority of the hybrids and striper are stocked by the state, the lake is a public place and the fish are a public resource which our guide licenses and fishing licenses go to pay for. They have just as much of a right to those fish as anybody else.

Nick- That pretty much covers everything I tried to say/explain all weekend. I'm assuming it's Nick from your tag. Thanks for being another voice of reason. I was beginning to think I'd lost my mind. The jury may still be out on that one!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide