Print Thread
gps route question #11316118 01/01/16 05:00 PM
S
Spring Lizard Waterdog Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
S
I installed a helix 5 sonar/gps combo yesterday. it works beautiful. Being new to this I need to know how to establish a route to a waypoint. I found fish yesterday and caught them. I moved around the lake and then decided to go back to the waypoint where I caught my fish. The waypoint showed but no route. What do I need to do. This unit comes with a built in auto map but will not show contour obviously. I just need a route so I can go back to the exact waypoint.
Your knowledge will be appreciated.
Thanks

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: gps route question [Re: Spring Lizard Waterdog] #11316183 01/01/16 05:40 PM
D
Duck Hawkins Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Youtube is the way to go. Look up Doug Varenburg.

Re: gps route question [Re: Spring Lizard Waterdog] #11316328 01/01/16 06:53 PM
T
teamchampion Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Not sure about yours but with my unit it shows trails. As long as I haven't deleted them which I do from time to time they are there to follow. If I select a way point and say go to can follow one of the trails back. Of course it is also possible to record remembered routes to certain way points I just have no need to go to the trouble. If you are not seeing the trail taken for the day then the feature is probably turned off. You would need to find proper setting in menu and turn on. Not sure where you are located but the guide Bob Maindella on Lake Belton does a 3.5 hour class in your boat. He sets up defaults and teaches you the different functions from gps to tuning graphs. Well worth the time and money. Last time I spoke with him was still charging $95.00. Part of the process to find fish and catch them.

Re: gps route question [Re: Spring Lizard Waterdog] #11316402 01/01/16 07:40 PM
W
Wayne P. Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: Spring Lizard Waterdog
I installed a helix 5 sonar/gps combo yesterday. it works beautiful. Being new to this I need to know how to establish a route to a waypoint. I found fish yesterday and caught them. I moved around the lake and then decided to go back to the waypoint where I caught my fish. The waypoint showed but no route. What do I need to do. This unit comes with a built in auto map but will not show contour obviously. I just need a route so I can go back to the exact waypoint.
Thanks

A route is a series of waypoints that you plan to navigate in the order you choose.

To navigate to a waypoint, you just use the GoTo feature and select the waypoint. When you do that, the unit puts a straight line on the Chart view between where you are and the waypoint.

The unit also draws a Track as you move about, you can retrace that back to the waypoint if you want.

Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G3N and G4N, 1198c SI, SOLIX 10 SI G3,
Helix 8 MEGA SI+ GPS G4N, SOLIX 12 SI and G3, MEGA 360, MEGA LIVE TL, RC-1
Re: gps route question [Re: Wayne P.] #11316461 01/01/16 08:20 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: Wayne P.
Originally Posted By: Spring Lizard Waterdog
Thanks

A route is a series of waypoints that you plan to navigate in the order you choose.

To navigate to a waypoint, you just use the GoTo feature and select the waypoint. When you do that, the unit puts a straight line on the Chart view between where you are and the waypoint.

The unit also draws a Track as you move about, you can retrace that back to the waypoint if you want.

This^^^

It is how I do it. I have Helix 7's and they are functionally identical. I save waypoints all day long. I even have it set to take a picture of the structure on the graph and save it with the waypoint. It helps when you have a lot of waypoints to discern which was which and what I thought was a reason to save it in the first place.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide