Forums59
Topics1,039,957
Posts13,973,221
Members144,225
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Sharing the water. [Re: Kent Meadows aka Team Hooligan] #11181341 10/23/15 07:26 PM
U
UrsusVeritas Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
U
Originally Posted By: Kent Meadows aka Team Hooligan
Simple Solution DO NOT GET NEAR ME !!!!!!!!! If I can hear you, your to close. If I can see what bait your using, your to close. if I can feel your slimy presence...your to close! Its oh so rather simple, not everybody that fishes out of a yak is sociable. I spend an unimaginable amount of time and effort to find my fish be it bass or sunfish...I don't need some Johnny weekender who has put no effort into doing anything on his own cashing in on my hard labor...yeah Im not on the water to make friends or feed the pot lickers...

Fair enough I guess.

I do like to socialize and meet people, especially in the kayak community. But to each, his own. If I ever pass you on the water and try to talk to you, at least grant me the courtesy of telling me to bug off politely?

Being a catfisherman, I will hopefully have a super slimy presence...

Last edited by UrsusVeritas; 10/23/15 07:26 PM.
Re: Sharing the water. [Re: Kent Meadows aka Team Hooligan] #11181389 10/23/15 07:51 PM
S
swalker9513 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Simple Solution DO NOT GET NEAR ME !!!!!!!!! If I can hear you, your to close. If I can see what bait your using, your to close. if I can feel your slimy presence...your to close! Its oh so rather simple, not everybody that fishes out of a yak is sociable. I spend an unimaginable amount of time and effort to find my fish be it bass or sunfish...I don't need some Johnny weekender who has put no effort into doing anything on his own cashing in on my hard labor...yeah Im not on the water to make friends or feed the pot lickers...

Sound can carry a long way on water.

Re: Sharing the water. [Re: Jason Delfraisse] #11181494 10/23/15 08:34 PM
D
Double K Outdoors Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
I'm a weekend warrior of the waters. I've met some really good and nice people while kayaking. I've seen both sides of this. I'm one of those people that if you wanted to park your yak 5 feet from me and fish, all you would have to do is ask. I try to always be polite and basically treat anybody fishing the way I would want to be treated if the situation were reversed.

I get that some people like to be left alone and there's some days that I want to be out on the water for my own peace. Most of the time I'm not going to be a water nazi though. My thoughts on that... If you want to be a water nazi and not have anybody around you... don't fish public waters. Stay away from the crowds. You know where that are going to be. I don't see how it's my problem that I fish the same water as you when it's 100% legal for me to fish the same places. Private waters pretty much gives you exactly what you are looking for.

That being said, I always say hi and talk to people. Never know when you may meet a person that has something more to offer than fishing tips.

~You won't catch any fish if you don't try!
[Linked Image]

Re: Sharing the water. [Re: Jason Delfraisse] #11181535 10/23/15 08:58 PM
H
HeavyLead Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
Where are people fishing that they get crowded by other kayak fishermen? Our lakes are huge! Do people think that someone is in their spot if they are fishing the in the same cove?

Re: Sharing the water. [Re: Kent Meadows aka Team Hooligan] #11181565 10/23/15 09:14 PM
F
Fishbonz Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
F
Man I sure hope you don`t ever get in trouble or need some emergency assistance on a lake with that attitude.

Last edited by Fishbonz; 10/23/15 09:14 PM.

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Sharing the water. [Re: Kent Meadows aka Team Hooligan] #11181600 10/23/15 09:38 PM
H
H.Town_paddler Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H

You're

Re: Sharing the water. [Re: Kent Meadows aka Team Hooligan] #11182061 10/24/15 02:02 AM
S
SpiderJig Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Are you a professional kayak sunfisherman? How can I make it to your level?

PB- 10lb 5oz Purtis Creek 7-25-15
Re: Sharing the water. [Re: Kent Meadows aka Team Hooligan] #11182105 10/24/15 02:25 AM
A
Anchorman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
A

Come on man! Really? Are we all talking about fishing or something serious? Dude you need help.

If it ain't yours don't mess with it!
Need a friendly place to talk hunting? www.talkhunting.com

Re: Sharing the water. [Re: Jason Delfraisse] #11182673 10/24/15 03:20 PM
R
RHerzog Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
I see both sides to this. If I am out just fishing, I am usually fishing an "area". If I am fishing a tournament, generally I am fishing a "sweet spot" within an area. I have really have no issue with someone coming up and fishing the same general area in either circumstance but if they start casting to the sweet spot during a tournament, that's a completely different story. I think instances like that can be used to better educate people on fishing etiquette. I always tell people. Just ask. And if someone tells you no, don't get feelings over it, it's nothing personal. I have told people on several occasions, that I would prefer if they not get too close to spot X. If you communicate, it's usually not an issue. Other than the tournament scenario I try to be accommodating to the new guys. They tend to appreciate it and you never know what you will learn by fishing with new people.

2013 KATS Classic Champion
2013 KBF Texas Open Champion

KATS ANGLER PROFILE

SUPERNOVA FISHING LIGHTS

Re: Sharing the water. [Re: Jason Delfraisse] #11183183 10/24/15 07:46 PM
W
warrick Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
I don't normally respond to idiots. But this team hooligan guy needs anger management help. And spelling help too. It's TOO idiot. I hate people that think they own the lake. I am a courteous fisherman, it makes for a more pleasant day. That being said, I will not allow some aggressive moron push me around. Just my two cents. Good fishing.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide