Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Gary D Watters, Don Dison, loop, Gadawgs, urosenara
102734 Registered Users
Top Posters
TexDawg 82885
hopalong 74407
Pilothawk 73445
JDavis7873® 67377
FattyMcButterpants 60518
John175 ® 59914
Tritonman 56835
Derek 56437
SkeeterRonnie 52463
LoneStarSon® 52225
facebook
Forum Stats
102732 Members
61 Forums
859295 Topics
11273111 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Topic Options
#11103897 - 09/14/15 08:24 PM Kings of Cowtown 2016 qualifying
dkmore Offline
Extreme Angler

Registered: 12/20/04
Posts: 1503
Loc: Argyle
We have been throwing a few ideas around for next years Kings of Cowtown event. We are going to stay with a 55 team maximum field. This event is getting more and more interest every year and because of this it is time I make a few changes as to how we obtain our 55 team cap. In the years past, I have always given the prior years teams priority entry and then filling it on a first come first basis. Every year I have a 95-100% return rate so I add a few teams every year and have a waiting list of at least 15 teams that do not get in. I don't think opening the field to however many teams I can sign up is a good idea because it then becomes just another annual tournament. I want to keep it like it is and think it is gaining a lot of steam.

Here is my plan for filling the field in 2016. I am going to give priority entry to the top 25 finishers from this year. From there, I will have 3 qualifying tournaments. The entry fee will be somewhere around $100 and we will pay out 70%. The other 30% will be added to the payout at the Kings of Cowtown Tournament. At each qualifying event, I will invite the top 10 finishers. If one of the top 10 finishers has already qualified I will continue down the list until I have the field full. I think this is a great way to give everyone that has ever wanted in a chance to get in equally and it will also increase the payouts of the big show. I will announce the qualifying schedule in the tournament section as soon as I have it available.
_________________________
www.teamtrailoutdoors.com

Top
#11104241 - 09/14/15 10:29 PM Re: Kings of Cowtown 2016 qualifying [Re: dkmore]
Kevin Bryant Offline
TFF Team Angler

Registered: 09/23/04
Posts: 3356
Loc: GRAPEVINE, TX
Awesome!
_________________________
Renown Roofing & Construction
Senior Sales Consultant
O: 972-QUALITY
C: 214-289-2601
www.renownconstruction.com
www.anglersprotackle.com
www.santonelures.com
www.smashtechbaits.com
www.eliterodsleeves.com

Top
#11104258 - 09/14/15 10:41 PM Re: Kings of Cowtown 2016 qualifying [Re: dkmore]
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru

Registered: 10/15/03
Posts: 21588
Loc: Bedford, TX
sounds good to me, keep it growing!
_________________________
David Short




Top
#11104545 - 09/15/15 08:10 AM Re: Kings of Cowtown 2016 qualifying [Re: dkmore]
TxDan61 Offline
Angler

Registered: 02/01/10
Posts: 415
How many are you going to let fish these qualifying tournaments. Will they be a limit.

Top
#11104554 - 09/15/15 08:13 AM Re: Kings of Cowtown 2016 qualifying [Re: TxDan61]
B.Hollingshead Offline
Extreme Angler

Registered: 03/11/09
Posts: 1668
Loc: ft.worth
Originally Posted By: TxDan61
How many are you going to let fish these qualifying tournaments. Will they be a limit.
55
_________________________
Branden Hollingshead

29-DD's and counting

Top
#11104795 - 09/15/15 09:50 AM Re: Kings of Cowtown 2016 qualifying [Re: B.Hollingshead]
Fish Killer Offline
Big Sexy

Registered: 12/11/04
Posts: 24912
Loc: Weatherford
Originally Posted By: B.Hollingshead
Originally Posted By: TxDan61
How many are you going to let fish these qualifying tournaments. Will they be a limit.
55


I do believe he was asking about the qualifying events not the KofC tournament.
_________________________
LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

Top
#11104847 - 09/15/15 10:14 AM Re: Kings of Cowtown 2016 qualifying [Re: dkmore]
ddmm Offline
Angler

Registered: 01/05/12
Posts: 315
Loc: Haslet, TX
sounds like a very good plan. Thanks for opening it up for a few others to get a chance!

Top
#11104863 - 09/15/15 10:20 AM Re: Kings of Cowtown 2016 qualifying [Re: dkmore]
Rockie Martin Offline


Registered: 04/21/08
Posts: 4388
Loc: Rockwall, Texas
Originally Posted By: dkmore
We have been throwing a few ideas around for next years Kings of Cowtown event. We are going to stay with a 55 team maximum field. This event is getting more and more interest every year and because of this it is time I make a few changes as to how we obtain our 55 team cap. In the years past, I have always given the prior years teams priority entry and then filling it on a first come first basis. Every year I have a 95-100% return rate so I add a few teams every year and have a waiting list of at least 15 teams that do not get in. I don't think opening the field to however many teams I can sign up is a good idea because it then becomes just another annual tournament. I want to keep it like it is and think it is gaining a lot of steam.

Here is my plan for filling the field in 2016. I am going to give priority entry to the top 25 finishers from this year. From there, I will have 3 qualifying tournaments. The entry fee will be somewhere around $100 and we will pay out 70%. The other 30% will be added to the payout at the Kings of Cowtown Tournament. At each qualifying event, I will invite the top 10 finishers. If one of the top 10 finishers has already qualified I will continue down the list until I have the field full. I think this is a great way to give everyone that has ever wanted in a chance to get in equally and it will also increase the payouts of the big show. I will announce the qualifying schedule in the tournament section as soon as I have it available.



I think that is a great idea! You guys did a great job on this event and I am glad I have gotten to fish it! Look forward to fishing it next year!
_________________________

www.RockwallMarine.com -ProStaff-BassCat
www.RockieMartin.com -Home Mortgages
www.dobynsrods.com -Dobyns Rods
www.mercurymarine.com- ProStaff

Top
#11104905 - 09/15/15 10:38 AM Re: Kings of Cowtown 2016 qualifying [Re: dkmore]
stetson Online   content
Angler

Registered: 03/31/14
Posts: 319
Looking forward to next years!
_________________________
Tarleton State Bass Fishing
PB: 12.11 el salto
Trying to stick fish since 1994!

Top
#11104956 - 09/15/15 10:57 AM Re: Kings of Cowtown 2016 qualifying [Re: dkmore]
jimmye123 Online   content
TFF Team Angler

Registered: 11/13/08
Posts: 3101
Loc: tx
Damn qualifying? Wtf? I'm not qualifiable..... sounds fun, so let me ask this silly question? So let's say 1 tournament u have 30 teams show, and some of the entries are all ready in the top 25, do u just not include them into that top 10? Does that make sense?
_________________________
Texas Bass Couples Metro div. director
Whitesettlement Bass Club
93 Champ. HOTROD MERC

Top
#11105024 - 09/15/15 11:25 AM Re: Kings of Cowtown 2016 qualifying [Re: dkmore]
dkmore Offline
Extreme Angler

Registered: 12/20/04
Posts: 1503
Loc: Argyle
We will allow unlimited entries in the qualifying tournaments. If you have already qualified and you finish in the top 10 of any qualifying events, we will go down the list to obtain 10 new teams from each event. This is just a way to let everyone that has never fished it before have an equal opportunity to get in as well as increase the payouts to the Kings of Cowtown Tournament.
_________________________
www.teamtrailoutdoors.com

Top
#11105110 - 09/15/15 12:17 PM Re: Kings of Cowtown 2016 qualifying [Re: dkmore]
Karl Dietz Offline
Pro Angler

Registered: 07/07/13
Posts: 925
Loc: Weatherford, Texas
Just curious, what was the criteria to get entered when this first started?
_________________________
Karl Dietz
2015 BassCat Cougar/250 Mercury ProXS
2 HB Helix 12's


Top
#11105245 - 09/15/15 01:25 PM Re: Kings of Cowtown 2016 qualifying [Re: dkmore]
Fish Killer Offline
Big Sexy

Registered: 12/11/04
Posts: 24912
Loc: Weatherford
First come, first serve. Then you got first right before the spot was filled.

Great tournament format. I fished the first couple of years when it was 4 lakes in two days..
_________________________
LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

Top
#11105406 - 09/15/15 02:42 PM Re: Kings of Cowtown 2016 qualifying [Re: dkmore]
jimmye123 Online   content
TFF Team Angler

Registered: 11/13/08
Posts: 3101
Loc: tx
Lots of fun for sure, brutal, but fun, very competitive, lots of great guys, hope I can qualify for next year's beat down....
_________________________
Texas Bass Couples Metro div. director
Whitesettlement Bass Club
93 Champ. HOTROD MERC

Top
#11105605 - 09/15/15 04:16 PM Re: Kings of Cowtown 2016 qualifying [Re: jimmye123]
Monte Coon Offline
Coon's Bar & Grill

Registered: 03/09/03
Posts: 10556
Loc: FT WORTH TX
Great tournament can't wait to fish it again next year!!
_________________________
Monte Coon | Sales Manager | Moritz Chevrolet | 817-696-2003

www.facebook.com/MoritzFortWorth
www.moritzchevrolet.com
www.dobynsrods.com
www.funnsunboats.com

Top



© 1998-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide