Texas Fishing Forum

Kings of Cowtown 2016 qualifying

Posted By: dkmore

Kings of Cowtown 2016 qualifying - 09/15/15 01:24 AM

We have been throwing a few ideas around for next years Kings of Cowtown event. We are going to stay with a 55 team maximum field. This event is getting more and more interest every year and because of this it is time I make a few changes as to how we obtain our 55 team cap. In the years past, I have always given the prior years teams priority entry and then filling it on a first come first basis. Every year I have a 95-100% return rate so I add a few teams every year and have a waiting list of at least 15 teams that do not get in. I don't think opening the field to however many teams I can sign up is a good idea because it then becomes just another annual tournament. I want to keep it like it is and think it is gaining a lot of steam.

Here is my plan for filling the field in 2016. I am going to give priority entry to the top 25 finishers from this year. From there, I will have 3 qualifying tournaments. The entry fee will be somewhere around $100 and we will pay out 70%. The other 30% will be added to the payout at the Kings of Cowtown Tournament. At each qualifying event, I will invite the top 10 finishers. If one of the top 10 finishers has already qualified I will continue down the list until I have the field full. I think this is a great way to give everyone that has ever wanted in a chance to get in equally and it will also increase the payouts of the big show. I will announce the qualifying schedule in the tournament section as soon as I have it available.
Posted By: Kevin Bryant

Re: Kings of Cowtown 2016 qualifying - 09/15/15 03:29 AM

Awesome!
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Kings of Cowtown 2016 qualifying - 09/15/15 03:41 AM

sounds good to me, keep it growing!
Posted By: TxDan61

Re: Kings of Cowtown 2016 qualifying - 09/15/15 01:10 PM

How many are you going to let fish these qualifying tournaments. Will they be a limit.
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Kings of Cowtown 2016 qualifying - 09/15/15 01:13 PM

Originally Posted By: TxDan61
How many are you going to let fish these qualifying tournaments. Will they be a limit.
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Kings of Cowtown 2016 qualifying - 09/15/15 02:50 PM

Originally Posted By: B.Hollingshead
Originally Posted By: TxDan61

I do believe he was asking about the qualifying events not the KofC tournament.
Posted By: ddmm

Re: Kings of Cowtown 2016 qualifying - 09/15/15 03:14 PM

sounds like a very good plan. Thanks for opening it up for a few others to get a chance!
Posted By: Rockie Martin

Re: Kings of Cowtown 2016 qualifying - 09/15/15 03:20 PM

Originally Posted By: dkmore
We have been throwing a few ideas around for next years Kings of Cowtown event. We are going to stay with a 55 team maximum field. This event is getting more and more interest every year and because of this it is time I make a few changes as to how we obtain our 55 team cap. In the years past, I have always given the prior years teams priority entry and then filling it on a first come first basis. Every year I have a 95-100% return rate so I add a few teams every year and have a waiting list of at least 15 teams that do not get in. I don't think opening the field to however many teams I can sign up is a good idea because it then becomes just another annual tournament. I want to keep it like it is and think it is gaining a lot of steam.

Here is my plan for filling the field in 2016. I am going to give priority entry to the top 25 finishers from this year. From there, I will have 3 qualifying tournaments. The entry fee will be somewhere around $100 and we will pay out 70%. The other 30% will be added to the payout at the Kings of Cowtown Tournament. At each qualifying event, I will invite the top 10 finishers. If one of the top 10 finishers has already qualified I will continue down the list until I have the field full. I think this is a great way to give everyone that has ever wanted in a chance to get in equally and it will also increase the payouts of the big show. I will announce the qualifying schedule in the tournament section as soon as I have it available.

I think that is a great idea! You guys did a great job on this event and I am glad I have gotten to fish it! Look forward to fishing it next year!
Posted By: stetson

Re: Kings of Cowtown 2016 qualifying - 09/15/15 03:38 PM

Looking forward to next years!
Posted By: jimmye123

Re: Kings of Cowtown 2016 qualifying - 09/15/15 03:57 PM

Damn qualifying? Wtf? I'm not qualifiable..... sounds fun, so let me ask this silly question? So let's say 1 tournament u have 30 teams show, and some of the entries are all ready in the top 25, do u just not include them into that top 10? Does that make sense?
Posted By: dkmore

Re: Kings of Cowtown 2016 qualifying - 09/15/15 04:25 PM

We will allow unlimited entries in the qualifying tournaments. If you have already qualified and you finish in the top 10 of any qualifying events, we will go down the list to obtain 10 new teams from each event. This is just a way to let everyone that has never fished it before have an equal opportunity to get in as well as increase the payouts to the Kings of Cowtown Tournament.
Posted By: Karl Dietz

Re: Kings of Cowtown 2016 qualifying - 09/15/15 05:17 PM

Just curious, what was the criteria to get entered when this first started?
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Kings of Cowtown 2016 qualifying - 09/15/15 06:25 PM

First come, first serve. Then you got first right before the spot was filled.

Great tournament format. I fished the first couple of years when it was 4 lakes in two days..
Posted By: jimmye123

Re: Kings of Cowtown 2016 qualifying - 09/15/15 07:42 PM

Lots of fun for sure, brutal, but fun, very competitive, lots of great guys, hope I can qualify for next year's beat down....
Posted By: Monte Coon

Re: Kings of Cowtown 2016 qualifying - 09/15/15 09:16 PM

Great tournament can't wait to fish it again next year!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum