Forums59
Topics1,039,543
Posts13,966,269
Members144,208
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: what do you think made it so tough on Fork Today? [Re: Bruce Allen] #11071062 08/29/15 03:17 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I know it was his fish and all, and he can do anything that his little heart desires with that fish, but it still hurts me a little when I see this. If you do not know how to fizz a fish and you fish in the summertime, do yourself and the sport of bassfishing a favor and learn how. It's easy to do!

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: what do you think made it so tough on Fork Today? [Re: Okie Poke] #11071077 08/29/15 03:22 PM
R
RangerBass21 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Originally Posted By: Okie Poke
I know it was his fish and all, and he can do anything that his little heart desires with that fish, but it still hurts me a little when I see this. If you do not know how to fizz a fish and you fish in the summertime, do yourself and the sport of bassfishing a favor and learn how. It's easy to do!

What I was asking, nobody tried to help the fish, put back in the tank and fizz it or at least let it stop stressing out? They just threw it back in the lake and let struggle and die? Something doesn't add up, yet people wonder why fork is going downhill trend.

Last edited by RangerBass21; 08/29/15 03:23 PM.

bannana2
Re: what do you think made it so tough on Fork Today? [Re: Ken A.] #11071591 08/29/15 09:02 PM
Clark3 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Maybe 5-6, though 3 of those are from private lakes. I wasn't knocking him for the fish, simply saying I don't understand running a fish 30 mins away just to weigh it.

[Linked Image]
Re: what do you think made it so tough on Fork Today? [Re: Ken A.] #11071615 08/29/15 09:07 PM
Clark3 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Ken A.
Originally Posted By: Clark3
Originally Posted By: Gilbert M.
Don't think it was an air bladder issue, we both have fish for a year or two. That was our first thought, maybe it was just the fish's time.

I'm no animal rights activist or anything, and I love to hunt and fillet a mess of crappie. it wasn't the fishes "time" by any means. Big fish from deep water don't like to be handled like that, it takes a toll on them. Ive never understood why guys drive 20 mins back to the dock to take a picture or weigh a 12 lb fish. Carry scales in your boat if you want to know what it weighs. Unless you have a potential state/lake record and have a 18lb fish whats the point? There are 12lb fish caught in this state almost daily. It may be a fish of a lifetime, but you don't have to drive it all the way to the marina if you plan on releasing it anyways. If youre going to keep a 12lb fish and eat it that's fine, you caught it. Just my .02. I doubt the guy thought the fish would die, but you can bet it wasn't just coincidence.

Exactly how many legit 12's have you caught?

Maybe 5-6, though 3 of those are from private lakes. I wasn't knocking him for the fish, simply saying I don't understand running a fish 30 mins away just to weigh it. If he was in a tournamnet it's understandable, or if he wants to keep it. Just taking it to get weighed and your picture made is what doesn't make sense.

It amazes me how someone can take something try to twist it to a personal attack "how many have you caught" you guys crack me up. I'm going back to just reading

[Linked Image]
Re: what do you think made it so tough on Fork Today? [Re: Bruce Allen] #11071657 08/29/15 09:26 PM
Bruce Allen Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
from dealing with large bass on the live release boat I can tell you right now that they stress out not just from being caught deep but also from spending time in live wells.

That bass might have survived if it had been fizzed and kept up right in the water for awhile, not dumped in some low oxygen canal near the boat dock.

But if she was pretty old it is possible even after she had been fizzed and worked in oxygenated water and dumped into deep water she might have died anyway. There is no way for us to know unless we find the body later.

So we did go fishing today, but instead of for bass we went for crappies. Caught 15 between 11" and 15" with a whole bunch of bass and crappie dinks.

Lake Fork Anglers
Every Thursday
Daytime Tournaments.

Lake Fork Sportsman's Association
www.lakeforksa.com/

We are VERY PROUD of our Induction into the
Texas Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame.

Re: what do you think made it so tough on Fork Today? [Re: Bruce Allen] #11071846 08/29/15 11:12 PM
crankbait745 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
I boated around 25 today. Lost probably about 15 beside the boat. Most all were caught on crankbaits. Good luck to all.

Re: what do you think made it so tough on Fork Today? [Re: Bruce Allen] #11072138 08/30/15 01:46 AM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Why was Fork so hard? 30 years of intense pressure will make for some educated fish.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: what do you think made it so tough on Fork Today? [Re: Bruce Allen] #11072142 08/30/15 01:48 AM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
And as for the 12, I have no problem with a guy taking a fish he can legally keep to the marina to weigh it. It's his fish. Maybe he thought it was close enough to be a SAL? Legit 12 lb fish are not caught daily in Texas. That's a monster.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: what do you think made it so tough on Fork Today? [Re: patriot07] #11072158 08/30/15 01:54 AM
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
ive fished fork since the 80's, mostly with guides during the glory years. always tore em up with a guide. when on my own I have some killer days and nights and some horrible ones, but only go maybe a dozen times per year. that's a [censored] shoot for a one day outing no matter what spot you fish, just not enuff time to just go catching. they are always biting somewhere but looking for them can take a full day or three sometimes to find them in a feeding mood. guides get to follow them, that's how they make a living. pull up on active schools at the right time, catch some and move on to the next.

Re: what do you think made it so tough on Fork Today? [Re: Bruce Allen] #11072910 08/30/15 05:26 PM
L
lakeforkfishon Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
1 fish is in a pond..can be picky..5 fish in a pond and they try to get it before the others do.
Maybe, there are less fish in Fork chasing bait?

The TFF never disappoints, always entertaining.
Re: what do you think made it so tough on Fork Today? [Re: Bruce Allen] #11072921 08/30/15 05:35 PM
R
RangerBass21 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Their all scattered, lake full they have more structure to hide in and stay versuses the lake being 7 feet low, where there's less structure for them to hide and stay.

bannana2
Re: what do you think made it so tough on Fork Today? [Re: Clark3] #11073448 08/30/15 10:20 PM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
Originally Posted By: Ken A.
Originally Posted By: Gilbert M.
Don't think it was an air bladder issue, we both have fish for a year or two. That was our first thought, maybe it was just the fish's time.

I'm no animal rights activist or anything, and I love to hunt and fillet a mess of crappie. it wasn't the fishes "time" by any means. Big fish from deep water don't like to be handled like that, it takes a toll on them. Ive never understood why guys drive 20 mins back to the dock to take a picture or weigh a 12 lb fish. Carry scales in your boat if you want to know what it weighs. Unless you have a potential state/lake record and have a 18lb fish whats the point? There are 12lb fish caught in this state almost daily. It may be a fish of a lifetime, but you don't have to drive it all the way to the marina if you plan on releasing it anyways. If youre going to keep a 12lb fish and eat it that's fine, you caught it. Just my .02. I doubt the guy thought the fish would die, but you can bet it wasn't just coincidence.

Maybe 5-6, though 3 of those are from private lakes. I wasn't knocking him for the fish, simply saying I don't understand running a fish 30 mins away just to weigh it. If he was in a tournamnet it's understandable, or if he wants to keep it. Just taking it to get weighed and your picture made is what doesn't make sense.

It amazes me how someone can take something try to twist it to a personal attack "how many have you caught" you guys crack me up. I'm going back to just reading

Love to see the pic of one of the 5-6. A true 12 pounder is as rare as hen's teeth. Wasn't meant as a personal attack at all bud. Sorry you took it that way. The statement you made was just indicative of another armchair quarterback that has never caught a fish that size passing judgement on someone that has.

Re: what do you think made it so tough on Fork Today? [Re: Bruce Allen] #11073870 08/31/15 02:04 AM
Gilbert M. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Just to clear things up a little, it was late when we discovered the fish. A lady actually scooped it up and brought it to our attention around 9pm. So we don't know what happened to the fish from the time he released it to when we tried to help the fish ourselves. The fish could have very well went down when he released it and who knows resurfaced later. Just speculating on what happened and what was wrong with the fish. I guess we should have just kept the info to ourselves. But to answer the original post, we caught fish mostly schooling activity all over the lake mid to late afternoon.

Last edited by Gilbert M.; 08/31/15 02:07 AM.

Gilbert

GTB Outdoors LLC (veteran owned)
gmillerfishing@me.com
www.gtboutdoorstx.com
Re: what do you think made it so tough on Fork Today? [Re: Ken A.] #11073990 08/31/15 03:32 AM
Clark3 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

I'm no animal rights activist or anything, and I love to hunt and fillet a mess of crappie. it wasn't the fishes "time" by any means. Big fish from deep water don't like to be handled like that, it takes a toll on them. Ive never understood why guys drive 20 mins back to the dock to take a picture or weigh a 12 lb fish. Carry scales in your boat if you want to know what it weighs. Unless you have a potential state/lake record and have a 18lb fish whats the point? There are 12lb fish caught in this state almost daily. It may be a fish of a lifetime, but you don't have to drive it all the way to the marina if you plan on releasing it anyways. If youre going to keep a 12lb fish and eat it that's fine, you caught it. Just my .02. I doubt the guy thought the fish would die, but you can bet it wasn't just coincidence. [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Love to see the pic of one of the 5-6. A true 12 pounder is as rare as hen's teeth. Wasn't meant as a personal attack at all bud. Sorry you took it that way. The statement you made was just indicative of another armchair quarterback that has never caught a fish that size passing judgement on someone that has.
[/quote]

[Linked Image]
Re: what do you think made it so tough on Fork Today? [Re: Ken A.] #11073996 08/31/15 03:38 AM
Clark3 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
]

I'm no animal rights activist or anything, and I love to hunt and fillet a mess of crappie. it wasn't the fishes "time" by any means. Big fish from deep water don't like to be handled like that, it takes a toll on them. Ive never understood why guys drive 20 mins back to the dock to take a picture or weigh a 12 lb fish. Carry scales in your boat if you want to know what it weighs. Unless you have a potential state/lake record and have a 18lb fish whats the point? There are 12lb fish caught in this state almost daily. It may be a fish of a lifetime, but you don't have to drive it all the way to the marina if you plan on releasing it anyways. If youre going to keep a 12lb fish and eat it that's fine, you caught it. Just my .02. I doubt the guy thought the fish would die, but you can bet it wasn't just coincidence. [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I may have been An "arm chair quarterback on this one, my scales read 12.08, caught at lake ivie, but it wasn't official. However the fish was released within secs of catching her and did swim Away.

Hope this suffices you so I can still have an opinion with your permission

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide