Print Thread
Page 512 of 568 1 2 510 511 512 513 514 567 568
Re: Denison Dam [Re: TheRodFather] #10913271 06/12/15 06:39 PM
S
sand bass man Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
fishing report: i went yesterday morning and there was a lot of action from 6-9 on top of the wall and we left due to the heat. the oklahoma side looks fishable now and i will be giving it a try this weekend

Re: Denison Dam [Re: rhbtx67] #10913522 06/12/15 08:49 PM
lite-liner Offline
Capt. CUDA
Capt. CUDA
Originally Posted By: rhbtx67
I went out fish on 6/10/15 about which was extremelyflame hot. I started getting bites the moment I cast out just your basic 12" cats. After about and hour it things really picked up to where I had to go to one pole. Here are some pics of the biggest fish I have ever caught in all my yrs of fish

Welcome to the TFF, & thanks for the report.
Great job on that blue, they only get bigger from here!!!

[Linked Image]
Re: Denison Dam [Re: TheRodFather] #10913530 06/12/15 08:51 PM
L
Longeye Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
I went today and caught my limit of largemouth and crappie. All on Carolina rigged 12" power lizards using a1.0 mustad hook. Pics to come later, be looking for them.

Re: Denison Dam [Re: rhbtx67] #10913766 06/12/15 10:41 PM
C
cudakilla Offline
Angler
Angler
C
You need a bigger cooler dude. smile

www.cudakilla.com
"The best fisherman I know try not to make the same mistakes over and over again; instead they strive to make new and interesting mistakes and to remember what they learned from them." John Gierach
Cudakilla Videos
Re: Denison Dam [Re: Gmann] #10913809 06/12/15 11:03 PM
lite-liner Offline
Capt. CUDA
Capt. CUDA
Originally Posted By: Gmann
Are they breaking any laws?
NO
I don't understand your complaint.
Yes you do. A 4th grader could. stop trolling. You couldnt start a fight over on the Fork hybrid thread, & you're not doing that here, either. Go back to the OT, Troll.

Are you upset that now you won't be able to catch them and their clients are?
No,I've been catching plenty, sir. so many I've got tendonitis in my rod arm

Do you honestly think those fish are going to stay right there and breed in the river?
Yes, the fish sent into the river from the gates, & the spillway, will replenish this section of river for years, with many species, not just Striped bass

Are you some sort of biologist?
yes

Just trying to understand your expertise on the situation. . .

As said previously, you understand perfectly, troll.
have you even fished Denison???

uh-huh....... violin

Last edited by lite-liner; 06/12/15 11:04 PM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Denison Dam [Re: TheRodFather] #10913814 06/12/15 11:06 PM
B
B_vandy Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
When I have a Boat park park 20-30 yards between me and the water I've been fishing since daylight and I have to cast beside and behind them and I get dirty looks and threats when all I'm trying to do is fish where I'm at and I keep getting tangled in their line or have them run thier boat right over my line as I'm fighting a fishing get cut off or have my 3000 size reel spooled because of that I think I have a right to complain a little.. Yes they have a right to fish the river and make a living and I respect that... but do I not have a right to fish the same waters for fun when spending my hard earnded money or do their rights trump mine because they are trying to make a buck.. I can cast a buck tail well beyond where the boats are parking and drifting at times..Im courteous I let them drift by and hold my cast till they have past nonisssue but when they tie up or anchor up and split the river how is that fair when there is very little bank available at the moment.. I have had boats within touching distance of me multiple times I smile wave and hold up till they pass. I love to see people catching fish and enjoying themselfs it's what it is all about.. All I ask is that sometimes the boater needs to take into cosideration that we are there as well and our options are more limited as to where we are able to fish effectively we just need to show mutual respect for one another and enjoy what we have at the moment..

[Linked Image]PB 38# May 05 [Linked Image] 33# May 05[Linked Image]38 3/4" x 23 3/8" Aug 11
Re: Denison Dam [Re: Dougthehead] #10913851 06/12/15 11:29 PM
lite-liner Offline
Capt. CUDA
Capt. CUDA
[quote=] Dougthehead As far as the quantity of breeding stock stripers in the river, how often does Texoma overflow, once every 10, 15, 20 years? Those are the times when fishing below the dam gets like it is now, and only for short periods of time, allowing for a decade or more for the river to recover, while the guides move back to the lake in which they are accustomed to fishing, and more than likely prefer.
Ok "dougthehead" (are you really a "head"?), maybe things are a little "cloudy", but if you would do your homework,you would see Texoma has flooded every 5-8 years for the past 30. last time, in '07, IIRC, the lake was not closed, so we didn't have the issue that we have this time.

All in all these guides are adapting to a very unfavorable condition for them in order to continue to make a living, and/or support their families, in a legal way. I don't have a problem with that.
with all respect due to lake guides "just trying to feed their families", Ive seen all the $30-60k brand-new tow rigs, They aint missin no meals....
What is happening is entirely legal. that's not my problem. my issue is watching profit win out over ecological common sense by the very professionals that preach it,
it's sickening, & everyone else suffers but them.
I haven't even brought up the courtesy issues, or lack of, should I say.
Third & last, the guides running their lake boats in this water, send the entirely wrong message in that it conveys to some that they can do the same, regardless of experience or equpment.
that is dangerous, you cant argue that. last week I saw a bass boat, A
fold-a-bote, 12' johnnies. it's idiotic, & someone's gonna get killed.
It's quite apparent that some TXO guides hold themselves to a higher standard, as long as there's no easy $$ on the line realmad

[/quote]

[Linked Image]
Re: Denison Dam [Re: Dougthehead] #10913925 06/13/15 12:16 AM
T
TexasBlonde Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Originally Posted By: Dougthehead
Originally Posted By: lite-liner
13-15 boats that are normally lake guides, pulling out 4-8 LIMITS a day, each.
(of large breeder stock)
6th grade math will tell you that is NOT sustainable in that tiny fishery,
without almost immediate negative effects. I really wish those guides who preach about taking care of their lake, & promote CPR, felt & acted the same way about their river, instead of raping it for every fish they can, while they can, for profit.
It's a damn free-for-all down there. worse than I've ever seen
I wont be back until the river drops a lot more.

soap rant over

They are doing it because that is how they make a living. What they are doing is legal. I am sure a lot of them preach CPR and taking care of the lake and or river because to them it is their livelihood. If you look at it from their perspective they are probably annoyed that there are so many bank fisherman taking fish away from their customers. If you feel strongly enough about the lack of laws in place for the quantity of fish a guide is allowed to bring in per day for their vessel I'd seek to have those laws enacted in some way.

As far as the quantity of breeding stock stripers in the river, how often does Texoma overflow, once every 10, 15, 20 years? Those are the times when fishing below the dam gets like it is now, and only for short periods of time, allowing for a decade or more for the river to recover, while the guides move back to the lake in which they are accustomed to fishing, and more than likely prefer.

All in all these guides are adapting to a very unfavorable condition for them in order to continue to make a living, and/or support their families, in a legal way. I don't have a problem with that.

I can't be too hard on them. That is how they make their living and how many years has it been the floodgates have not been open at all? Several years in a row the lake has not be high enough for the gates to be open. About the only time they could fish was when the generators were on and we all know how sporadic that has been.

I am sure they have had to start taking customers fishing on the lake or do sightseeing tours. I also know at least one group was the first to load up his stuff and head to New Orleans after Katrina to help rescue folks. They did not have to do it. They did not get paid to do it.They just felt it was the right thing to do.

Even so, airboat just irritate the dickens out of me. They are way too loud and it seems even louder down in the valley where the floodgates are located. Even worse than below the dam was the airboat that tried to go up Big Mineral Creek in Hagerman. This area is more suited for a small boat powered by a trolling motor which is what most use when they bring a boat into it. You can imagine how loud the airboat was in a creek that is maybe 50' wide.

Even as much as I cannot stand airboats, I cannot begrudge them making a living and being able to stash money back to cover when the floodgates are not open.

Re: Denison Dam [Re: lite-liner] #10914252 06/13/15 03:27 AM
G
Gmann Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
G
Originally Posted By: lite-liner
Originally Posted By: Gmann
Are they breaking any laws?
NO
I don't understand your complaint.
Yes you do. A 4th grader could. stop trolling. You couldnt start a fight over on the Fork hybrid thread, & you're not doing that here, either. Go back to the OT, Troll.

Are you upset that now you won't be able to catch them and their clients are?
No,I've been catching plenty, sir. so many I've got tendonitis in my rod arm

Do you honestly think those fish are going to stay right there and breed in the river?
Yes, the fish sent into the river from the gates, & the spillway, will replenish this section of river for years, with many species, not just Striped bass

Are you some sort of biologist?
yes

Just trying to understand your expertise on the situation. . .

As said previously, you understand perfectly, troll.
have you even fished Denison???

uh-huh....... violin

About what I would expect from you, name calling and factless responses

No, sorry, don't understand your complaint. But you do seem to think you know all there is to know. Why do you have a problem with other people catching fish? Guides have been around for a long time to make a living. Now you want to criticize how someone chooses to make a living? Wow, must be pretty nice up there. . .

Please, and honestly, no disrespect intended. But please show me some sort of proof of your biologist background. As I am always eager to learn form those who do indeed know more than I do. And in this instance, the breeding success and regularity of striped bass in the Red River below the dam of Lake Texoma. As I do know about Texoma being one of a few lakes where striped bass do indeed spawn and why they spawn.

Been fishing Texoma for over 20 years. And yes, I have fished Denison, if in fact you are referring to the river below the dam.

With regard to starting any fights, you sir were the one who first posted an inflammatory remark with regard to your lack of respect for how the guides fish below the dam in the river.

Re: Denison Dam [Re: TheRodFather] #10914387 06/13/15 06:08 AM
R
rhbtx67 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
R

Last edited by rhbtx67; 06/15/15 04:32 AM.
Re: Denison Dam [Re: TheRodFather] #10914418 06/13/15 10:31 AM
B
BankAngler50 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
I'm wt lite-liner and b-vandy especially on crowding bank fishermen. Guides share the water with other fishermen just like truckers share the road with other drivers, their professional license allow them to earn a living but not being jerks or interfere with other people's fishing or jeopardize people's safety. Mutual courtesy will go a long way... you guys should take good pictures of those guides and email them to let them know you get their pictures and give them your choice words. ... next time those guides complaint about some boaters disrespect them on the lake, send or post their a-hole pics...

Last edited by Bankfisher50; 06/13/15 10:34 AM.

Why do I go fishing? To catch a box of fish and/or some quality time under the sun. Thank Heaven I never fail fishing in Texas, catching box fish or plenty of sunburn.
Re: Denison Dam [Re: TheRodFather] #10914443 06/13/15 11:42 AM
L
Lovfldx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
I was kinda wondering how long it would take before the "snipe-o-rama" over Denison Dam would start! Once again, TFF does not disappoint! All this fuss over a flooded river. You'd think it was the only place in the state that allowed fishing! SHEESH!

Rudy

Re: Denison Dam [Re: TheRodFather] #10914553 06/13/15 01:41 PM
S
sand bass man Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
the true fishers argue/bicker on the wall....the rest...well...they argue and bicker in this thread

Re: Denison Dam [Re: TheRodFather] #10914655 06/13/15 03:01 PM
Z
zulo Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Z
Talk to the old timers they will tell the history of this river.. I use to recall the big brute stock came from this river..
What happened?

DD is a great place to fish, hope everyone can enjoy for another 100 more years..

You are right , both states need to protect the water/fishery and come with better rules and regulation and we the fisherman can raise questions ..

First, I would like to ask if everyone can pick their own trash.. Educate people on CPR and keep few fish to eat..

Re: Denison Dam [Re: TheRodFather] #10914721 06/13/15 03:48 PM
F
fishing_tom Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
So what's the fishing report???

Page 512 of 568 1 2 510 511 512 513 514 567 568
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide