Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: g loomis rods need info [Re: basschsr] #10631090 02/19/15 08:40 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: basschsr
Gary Loomis has hooked up with Temple Fork Outfitters designing rods for them. The rod is color coded on the handle end to let you know what the power is. Hvy action, med hvy., etc. I am really liking these rods and they are only $99 for 7' & under and $109 for over 7'. Lifetime warranty and best of all, made here in Dallas, not overseas somewhere. G Loomis rods, IMO, have lost quality. Check out the TFO rods at only $99 it's definitely worth trying. I know typically you get what you pay for but I can't see spending over $150 for a rod or $500-$700 for a reel. I love the few Revo's I have but will put my BPS Pro Qualifiers for $100 up against them all day long.
I don't work for or sponsored by TFO, just a weekend warrior. But do yourself a favor and try a TFO rod made right here in Texas.

TFO is in Dallss. But the rods are made in China.

And Gary Loomis is no longer affiliated with them.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: g loomis rods need info [Re: SteezMacQueen] #10631174 02/19/15 09:13 PM
C
catslayer Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted By: basschsr
Gary Loomis has hooked up with Temple Fork Outfitters designing rods for them. The rod is color coded on the handle end to let you know what the power is. Hvy action, med hvy., etc. I am really liking these rods and they are only $99 for 7' & under and $109 for over 7'. Lifetime warranty and best of all, made here in Dallas, not overseas somewhere. G Loomis rods, IMO, have lost quality. Check out the TFO rods at only $99 it's definitely worth trying. I know typically you get what you pay for but I can't see spending over $150 for a rod or $500-$700 for a reel. I love the few Revo's I have but will put my BPS Pro Qualifiers for $100 up against them all day long.
I don't work for or sponsored by TFO, just a weekend warrior. But do yourself a favor and try a TFO rod made right here in Texas.

TFO is in Dallss. But the rods are made in China.

And Gary Loomis is no longer affiliated with them.

His name and signature is still on them... Soooo I'm going to say that he is absolutely still affiliated in some way. even if it was just suggestions on tapers and eye alignment. His name still is on them and I'll bet that he gets something out of it to keep it there.

http://www.tforods.com/conventional-rods.html

For the money and the warranty I haven't found any rods better. And I have power tackle, falcon currently in my line up as well. I have had and broke, carrot stix and a micro magic(loved it and was sad it broke)

I look at the listings on the rod as a suggestion but not anything to make a big deal off. Most "crankbait" rods are Long softer rods that take the vibration off your wrist so you don't get tired as quickly. Yeah its marketing and is only a suggestion. I HATE when that is all somebody puts on a rod is the type and not the power and taper.

Still waiting for somebody to build me a 6'10" skipping/swimjig rod that I want and havn't found. Got one close but its a little too stiff in the tip and a couple inches longer than I'd like.

Wish I had found that haul on loomis rods I love them but only get to play with a friends I don't get to spend that much on rods

"I'll never mess with bee's or wasp anymore, and I'll never gig another beaver..." Words from a man who learned things the hard way
Re: g loomis rods need info [Re: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad] #10631208 02/19/15 09:29 PM
C
Cmack Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
I saw earlier on this thread where it was said that G.Loomis wasn't the same quality as in the past. Funny thing is The rods I see everything compared to is Loomis. To this day the GLX and NRX series rods are the gold standard that the others strive for in weight and sensitivity. TFO used Gary Loomis name as a marketing tool for Chinese built rods. I realize that Gary is no longer affiliated with G.Loomis and am pretty sure he has no current affiliation with TFO but his name still carries tremendous weight in the fishing industry. I'm not knocking TFO or any other rod importer, just making an observation.

Re: g loomis rods need info [Re: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad] #10631434 02/19/15 11:19 PM
T
T54 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
Gary helped TFO get set up and got paid to let them use his name. He also founded North Fork Composites, a blank manufacturer, which also has the branded Edge rods. NFC recently sold to Batson, another blank manufacturer who has their own brand, Rainshadow Rods (Keith Comb's new sponsor). Edge rods are distributed and supported by TFO. Its a little confusing.

http://batsonenterprises.com/north-fork-composites/

Gary actually wasn't a rod designer when he was at GLoomis. He was the owner of the company and he was a machinist by trade. He developed the special way that GLoomis made the blanks, using some special machines he built. When he sold, all that technology stayed with GLoomis and so did their rod designer, Steve Rayjef. Steve has been designing GLoomis rods using the highest quality components and best blank technology for over 30 years. Steve came over from Lamiglass (where he and Gary worked together) shortly after Gary founded the company.

You can do some research on Steve he has been the world casting champion like 17 times? And US champion 35+.

If you have 25 minutes, watch these two videos that Tackle Warehouse filmed up at GLoomis.

Last edited by T54; 02/19/15 11:33 PM.
Re: g loomis rods need info [Re: T54] #10631931 02/20/15 02:59 AM
C
Cmack Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted by T54
Gary helped TFO get set up and got paid to let them use his name. He also founded North Fork Composites, a blank manufacturer, which also has the branded Edge rods. NFC recently sold to Batson, another blank manufacturer who has their own brand, Rainshadow Rods (Keith Comb's new sponsor). Edge rods are distributed and supported by TFO. Its a little confusing.

http://batsonenterprises.com/north-fork-composites/

Gary actually wasn't a rod designer when he was at GLoomis. He was the owner of the company and he was a machinist by trade. He developed the special way that GLoomis made the blanks, using some special machines he built. When he sold, all that technology stayed with GLoomis and so did their rod designer, Steve Rayjef. Steve has been designing GLoomis rods using the highest quality components and best blank technology for over 30 years. Steve came over from Lamiglass (where he and Gary worked together) shortly after Gary founded the company.

You can do some research on Steve he has been the world casting champion like 17 times? And US champion 35+.

If you have 25 minutes, watch these two videos that Tackle Warehouse filmed up at GLoomis.

Wow! Great info, Thanks. Had no Idea that Batson had bought NFC, also never heard of Steve Rajef. I knew Gary's history but thought he was also a designer. See, old dogs can learn new tricks. Thanks again

Re: g loomis rods need info [Re: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad] #10640709 02/23/15 08:31 PM
S
Spiderman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Liked watching both of the videos.

It's interesting how the blanks are cut and made!

The Truth is six of the seven Dwarfs are not Happy!
Re: g loomis rods need info [Re: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad] #10640817 02/23/15 09:04 PM
L
LWP Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
Gary has , now that his 5 year no compete contract has expired ,is back in business . Check out his new rods Edge . They are Gary Loomis at his very best.

Re: g loomis rods need info [Re: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad] #10641171 02/23/15 11:08 PM
T
Triton-x Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
T
I have been upgrading my rods to Loomis - got some mossy backs g-2s and g-3s. Not any 400 dollar ones just 200-250 or so. There is a difference - a 100 dollar rod doesn't seem to compare even 150 dollar rod. You feel every thump and tick - well like if a fish breaths on your bait you feel it !!! Its bad - I bought a couple of them - the ones I used a lot - then I could not use my other rods - they felt funny !! So even a g-2 feels better than any others I have used. Im sold on Loomis !!!!

Jesus first - then the rest will fall into place.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide