Forums59
Topics1,040,951
Posts13,990,238
Members144,244
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Ish Monroe Offers Public Statement [Re: Fishin Machine] #10552538 01/19/15 05:03 PM
F
Fish AKA Jerry Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
"To the guy who just posted... if you rammed into a car at a red light and didn't expect your coworker to want to kick your [censored] for your rampant disregard for the safety and lives of others as you operated a 2,000lb+ machine on public roadways, you're as dumb as Poche."

^^^^^^^^^^^

So you think that everyone driving a car that gets "rammed" [or bumped as I described it] should jump out and kick some [censored]? LOL.. Thats what I call....nevermind,not worth the time.

Last edited by Fish AKA Jerry; 01/19/15 05:05 PM.

FREYED KNOT

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Ish Monroe Offers Public Statement [Re: Fishin Machine] #10552558 01/19/15 05:15 PM
F
Fishing on a string Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Somewhere there is an Anger Management counselor going nut's right now LOL

Re: Ish Monroe Offers Public Statement [Re: Mulholland] #10552559 01/19/15 05:16 PM
J
J.H.S. Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted By: Mulholland
Originally Posted By: Josh Seale
It is crazy to read on here some you guys actually condoning Monroe's actions. You act like Poche hit his boat going 70. I am guessing everyone of you on here is perfect? Never had an ACCIDENT before? Never mis-judged the wind or current? Never had a wreck in a vehicle? Never made any mistake in your life, ever? Go ahead, speak up if you are. Poche didn't seek out Ish and say, "man, I think I will hit Ish's boat today". And as far as bashing the guy for going to the tournament directors who then told him to go to the police? Come on. Really? I am guessing you keyboard tough guys would take care of it yourselves by "meeting them in the parking lot after the tournament". To many egos in this sport gentleman. I see it on this forum way to often. Jumping into another competitors boat is not justified in this instance.

No meeting in the parking lot, Poche told him to come say it to his face and met him then. He got what he asked for. Look at the facts of the situation. Poche hit Ish's boat and pissed Ish off. Anything Ish said out of anger at that point was him in a high stress situation pissed at Poche who just carelessly rammed into his boat. 10mph might not be 70mph, but it's more than enough to [censored] you off, and be considered dangerous, and failing to control your boat. Ish makes idles verbal threats in anger, Poche mouths back off at him while he is venting and the situation escalates, in the manner to which Poche asked for it to escalate to, which was "come say that to my face".... so Poche started the conflict, and Poche escalated the conflict by inviting the physical confrontation when Ish was just angrily not choosing his words and venting... then Ish left it at that and went on to fish while Poche, knowing they were both going to get the hammer dropped on them, went and crawfished to play victim and hope he didn't get as many licks as his brother. Again, anyone who doesn't get all of this was probably an only child... or maybe you had sisters? *shrug* Normal sibling/schoolhouse stuff guys. Childish and stupid, but that's exactly how this all went down.

I never said I condoned Ish's actions. I said Ish did what Poche asked for. It was all stupid, but asking for it then crying about it... well... come on, really? Play it out. You're Ish... tied up to other boat waiting... hanging out... Poche comes in on pad 70mph, shuts of, wind to his back, trolling motor comes down, he doesn't slow down, and drifts straight into you causing nasty crunching sounds and rocking your boat when he impacts at 10mph+ probably... you go "WTF MAN?! PAY ATTENTION OR I'LL KICK YOU BUTT YOU JUST CRASHED INTO ME!" and Poche basically responds "whatever, I didn't mean toman, don't make such a big deal out of it" - "It is a big deal, pull your head out of your butt before I kick it" - Poche "well come say that to my face then!"... Ish takes bait and jumps aboard

I bet the entire exchange took 30 seconds, and with tempers high zero thought went into it, just adrenaline, testosterone, and childish tempers on both parts. I do believe also that while Ish boarded Poche's boat (after being invited aboard as far as I can see?) Poche immediately met HIM to push him. So how would you feel with that being the case? If that is what happened and Poche said come say it to my face and Ish stepped onto his bow and Poche jumped in his face and pushed him?

Two sides to every story, and the "victim" usually tells a less honest story in my experiences because they care more how it is all viewed. Ish didn't seem like he was trying to spin it any which way... just it happened, it was unprofessional on all accounts, and shouldn't have. I'd LOVE to see video and see exactly how it played out, I really hope it gets released... which if there is any, with the publicity it will give, I can't see it NOT coming to light, and I bet it confirms most everything I just said. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. It just doesn't make any sense any other way honestly...

You're totally right. What was I thinking. Someone does something to upset you and you are totaly justified. If someone makes you mad and you go onto their property because they told you to "say it to their face" and you do step foot on their property, you become in the wrong. But hey, good luck with your logic. People make me mad alot but guess what? Common sense and decency tells me "hey, look at the big picture here, is it really worth it?" High stress or not, his actions were not justified. If you can't hold your professionalism under high-stress situations, maybe it is time to re-examine yourself. You have an obligation to your sponsors to act like a professional in any and all situations while you are in the public eye. There is no excuse. You represent not only yourself, but the companies who back you. Accidents happen. People show their true character in situations like this, just like many of you have.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: Ish Monroe Offers Public Statement [Re: Mulholland] #10552572 01/19/15 05:25 PM
JacksonBean Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
....... you go "WTF MAN?! PAY ATTENTION OR I'LL KICK YOU BUTT YOU JUST CRASHED INTO ME!"

IF this is what happened, that's where he went wrong. It's a boat... It was an accident. Get over yourself. At this point nobody was hurt so count your blessings. If you choose to not accept his apology then so be it. Should Poche have been going slower? Of course he should have and that's on him.

Ish was in the wrong here, no matter how anyone tries to justify it.

[Linked Image]
Re: Ish Monroe Offers Public Statement [Re: Fishin Machine] #10552582 01/19/15 05:30 PM
B
bass461 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Wow, it amazes me that people think what Ish did was ok.

Re: Ish Monroe Offers Public Statement [Re: Fishin Machine] #10552593 01/19/15 05:35 PM
M
Mulholland Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Poche commited as mucha ssault by ramming him as Ish did by pushing him. It was an equal and opposite reaction. Get over it.

The lock master turned Poche away because he saw it happen. Poche went back and cried because he couldn't go on to fish. Poche's story has changed 3 times between his facebook post and 2 apology/descriptions. Ish made 1 statement to save face with sponsors, not to make a fake apology.

Do you truly consider Poche to have held his professionalism any better by egging Ish on? That's my only statement I continue to make, is that BOTH MEN behaved immature with zero professionalism, and that I hope BOTH get equally disciplined however it does get handled. The only thing I continue to argue and discuss is the extent to which Poche was NOT a victim and very much an instigator and contributed at least equally to everything that transpired, when everyone else seems to be buying his spoon fed victim story.

But yeah, long story short, if you rear end my truck, insurance or not, and I get out pissed and go "what the hell were you doing? Pay attention! I ought to kick your butt" the very last thing you'll want to do in that situation is tell me to "come say it to (your) face" ....just for future real world application since you seemed to be confused as to how to handle this delicate situation in which your negligence (not accident but NEGLIGENCE) has caused damage to another person or their property and has angered them, a natural reaction to YOUR DANGEROUS NEGLIGENCE. In case you happen to rear end a normal human being who is prone to react in a natural manner when you "rattle their cage" don't go and open the door.

Negligence is not an accident. You are responsible for your actions. Be a man, not a child.

End of story, Lock master saw it and wouldn't let Poche through, he tattled, after looking at it both caught a DQ. Obviously I am correct in my evaluation as to the role Poche played in everything, and people eating up his victim story or hating on Ish have something else going on affecting their judgment on the matters, otherwise he'd had been let through, and only one guy would've been DQ'ed.

Driving your boat into another boat is no less an accident the pushing your hands into someone else's chest.

Re: Ish Monroe Offers Public Statement [Re: Fishin Machine] #10552623 01/19/15 05:41 PM
USA-1 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
interesting to read all the negative comments but then all are okay to watch football, see some intentional hits, maybe caused by your team, hits that severely injure people and the following week you are there cheering them on again...oh wait these are anglers that kids look up to...

Re: Ish Monroe Offers Public Statement [Re: Mulholland] #10552632 01/19/15 05:43 PM
JacksonBean Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Driving your boat into another boat is no less an accident the pushing your hands into someone else's chest.

roflmao roflmao

[Linked Image]
Re: Ish Monroe Offers Public Statement [Re: Fishin Machine] #10552633 01/19/15 05:44 PM
R
roadtrip Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
This is like TMZ of fishing

Re: Ish Monroe Offers Public Statement [Re: Fishin Machine] #10552636 01/19/15 05:45 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Regardless of who "started it", they both will likely be disciplined harshly for making their "company" look bad.

I do not have knowledge of either's contractual agreements to either BASS or any of either angler's sponsors. But, I can guarantee both have a clause in every contract that has to do with "conduct unbecoming" and bringing negative light upon their "bosses", both BASS and each individual's sponsors.

As much as sometimes we would like "meet up in the parking lot" to settle our differences, that doesn't really apply to our society anymore. Between the progressives that make many rules and the inherit soft nature of men today, the keyboard, pen and courtroom are the places to settle differences.

I do not really care or not care for either, but seeing how they made the whole BASS organization look silly, it would not surprise me for stiff penalties to be handed down to bot parties. This could result in missing the Classic, other tournaments and losing sponsors.

It's all about the dollars and cents and acting like 17 year old kids when your professionals should not be overlooked....

#MFGA
Re: Ish Monroe Offers Public Statement [Re: JacksonBean] #10552664 01/19/15 05:57 PM
M
Mulholland Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted By: JacksonBean
....... you go "WTF MAN?! PAY ATTENTION OR I'LL KICK YOU BUTT YOU JUST CRASHED INTO ME!"

IF this is what happened, that's where he went wrong. It's a boat... It was an accident. Get over yourself. At this point nobody was hurt so count your blessings. If you choose to not accept his apology then so be it. Should Poche have been going slower? Of course he should have and that's on him.

Ish was in the wrong here, no matter how anyone tries to justify it.

I totally agree, I never say Ish should have done what he did. But Poche did ask for it egging him on, and says as much when he said he tried to apologize but Ish wouldn't accept it. Poche could've left it at Ish being pissed and not accepting apology, but instead he reacted further to Ish's reaction, probably trying to protect his own ego as Ish verbally ripped him a new one.

I am not condoning or defending Ish's actions. Ever. At any point.

I am pointing a finger at Ish saying this is exactly what you did wrong, and also pointing one at Poche going quit playing the victim, this is all the dumb stuff you wrong. Show me one statement where Ish tries to say he didn't go across the line and do something wrong... meanwhile Poche says first he was distracted and looking for papers, then another he admits he was coming in too fast and wind played a factor... it seems like everyone tries to down play his involvement and responsibility in all of it and chastise Ish, when Ish was provoked. It doesn't absolve him of his actions, but it does dissolve Poche's little sob story.

You're a t a bar and bump shoulders in squeezing past a drunk guy, who angrily says "watch where you're walking or I'll kick your butt" ... you're a smart fella so you ignore him mostly, give him a brief apology in passing, and walk off while he stays angry, nothing happens. Or you're a fellow hot headed immature fool and go "oh yeah, I bet not, come and try it" and get into a bar fight with him... are you not responsible for making that happen to you? Could you not have avoided it? You DID walk into him, so even if he shouldn't be THAT angry, you did take an action that impacted him and caused a reaction... then you did escalate it when you could've kept yourself out of the situation... you certainly wouldn't call the cops if you chose option B and called down the thunder would you?

Re: Ish Monroe Offers Public Statement [Re: Fishin Machine] #10552672 01/19/15 06:01 PM
C
Canino Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
While I don't necessarily agree with all of Mullholland's analysis of the situation, the fact that the lockmaster saw the whole thing and denied Poche says volumes. His job has to do with safety. It doesn't appear that he cared about Monroe jumping someone else's boat, but rather he cared about Poche running hot into the zone.

This isn't the first time for Poche to have an incident at a lock. Previously there were mumblings that he had used his boat to push others out of the way to move up further in the queue at a lock.

None of that excuses Monroe's actions, but I'd be willing to bet he wasn't alone in wanting to take Poche down a peg for that kind of behavior. Unfortunately for him, he just happened to be the one who Poche ran into.

Re: Ish Monroe Offers Public Statement [Re: Mulholland] #10552679 01/19/15 06:03 PM
J
J.H.S. Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
J
[/quote] Driving your boat into another boat is no less an accident the pushing your hands into someone else's chest.[/quote]

This is a joke right? I mean it has to be. Please please please tell me this comment wasn't serious.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: Ish Monroe Offers Public Statement [Re: Fishin Machine] #10552688 01/19/15 06:08 PM
Daddyof2 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
KP not assault, accident. The same as a fender bender. Ish, assault. Provoked or not. That's the same as kids saying.." well he did it first"!! I'd lay a law suit on Ish for sure! It's time that fool learns a lesson. KP is wrong for the accident. Insurance will cover that. Jail time will cover Ish. If I were to cause a fender bender, because they do happen, and the guy I accidently hit got out and punched me in the mouth, heck yea I'd file charges. Tanking the law into your own hands often gets you put into jail. End of story.

Re: Ish Monroe Offers Public Statement [Re: Daddyof2] #10552702 01/19/15 06:14 PM
F
Fish AKA Jerry Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: Daddyof2
KP not assault, accident. The same as a fender bender. Ish, assault. Provoked or not. That's the same as kids saying.." well he did it first"!! I'd lay a law suit on Ish for sure! It's time that fool learns a lesson. KP is wrong for the accident. Insurance will cover that. Jail time will cover Ish. If I were to cause a fender bender, because they do happen, and the guy I accidently hit got out and punched me in the mouth, heck yea I'd file charges. Tanking the law into your own hands often gets you put into jail. End of story.

Well said. Only one person got arrested.Tell it to the judge about all the other stuff if you want. I don't think it will float.

FREYED KNOT

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide