Forums59
Topics1,039,947
Posts13,972,945
Members144,225
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Re: TPWD stocking SAL fingerlings in Jalisco Lake (La Perla) [Re: Jordan Shipley] #10162452 07/24/14 11:34 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
Good Lord!

Justin, why the heck would the doc give away cull fish from La Perla Lake? That was his baby long before Jalisco. See my post above re:disposition of bass culled from CB.

Contrary to popular belief, grass in a private lake such as these is no bueno. Filters nutrients which makes it hard to control water quality. +, you want your predators to have unimpeded access to all forms of forage.

The fingerlings in Jalisco have everything they need to attain record growth rates.

That means we'll begin to see definitive results from this experiment in 6-8 years. At that point, I may have to eat my words, though I doubt it.

Think about that for a sec. 8 years. And some are ready to crucify one of the more forward thinkers w/in TPWD and a landowner/dr/self-taught wildlife AND fisheries biologist. Blows me away!

In the meantime, I'm happy that I live in a state where the stewards of our habitat and wildlife work hand-in-hand with landowners. Constantly pushing the envelope.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: TPWD stocking SAL fingerlings in Jalisco Lake (La Perla) [Re: Jordan Shipley] #10162504 07/24/14 11:56 PM
Fish Killer Online Happy
Big Sexy
Online Happy
Big Sexy
Well said Fouz!

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

You want to make a difference in life? Take a kid fishing!
Re: TPWD stocking SAL fingerlings in Jalisco Lake (La Perla) [Re: Jordan Shipley] #10162549 07/25/14 12:10 AM
J
JCBfromTHF Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Dr. Schwarz and Mr. Shipley, yall should come over to Texas Hunting Forum (the sister site of this forum) and join us over there. We are a bit more friendly. grin

Re: TPWD stocking SAL fingerlings in Jalisco Lake (La Perla) [Re: Jordan Shipley] #10162614 07/25/14 12:39 AM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W
A +.++ for marketing is what I think. Little articles are popping up every where the last couple days. This is by design I'm sure, nothing wrong with it but it is an ad campaign pure and simple.

Re: TPWD stocking SAL fingerlings in Jalisco Lake (La Perla) [Re: Jordan Shipley] #10162692 07/25/14 01:10 AM
S
soonersorlaters Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
I find the project an interesting venture. What I personally envision the long term result producing is not about a state or world record, SAL donations or replicating a multi thousand acre reservoir to a much smaller controlled environment................ but moreso a niche that could open the door for more "private water fishing facilities" that will cater to people who want to experience the thrill of a trophy fish on the end of their line and not have to spend countless dollars and hours on Fork, Falcon, et al.

That's fine too. A place for everybody and everybody in their place, if you will.

Re: TPWD stocking SAL fingerlings in Jalisco Lake (La Perla) [Re: Jordan Shipley] #10162708 07/25/14 01:16 AM
S
SheCrappieKilla Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
You did the right thing, don't worry about it.

Re: TPWD stocking SAL fingerlings in Jalisco Lake (La Perla) [Re: Jordan Shipley] #10162767 07/25/14 01:39 AM
F
fitter2259 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
I don't see what all the hub bub is about. There are hundreds of private lakes and hunting leases throughout the state of Texas who have been raising and developing enhanced game stocks with the help of TP&W for many years. Most of them are low profile properties that don't get much notoriety while others are more commercially publicized, and I see no reason why this venture would be any more controversial than any that came before it. What a private landowner wants to do with his property is his business as it should be. Odds are that this particular experiment (weather it is successful in enhancing bass genetics or not) will become a playground for well connected people within the industry at the very least or possibly a profitable endeavor that might also contribute to the state fisheries as a whole. Either way I'm ok with however it turns out.

Re: TPWD stocking SAL fingerlings in Jalisco Lake (La Perla) [Re: horseplaydvm] #10162832 07/25/14 02:02 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted By: horseplaydvm

Yes sir, that was good and I agree with him about the program. I don't care about the Jalisco stocking and I find it sad that Dr. S. felt the need to lose his lake to the state. There is still something undisclosed about this whole deal.

Re: TPWD stocking SAL fingerlings in Jalisco Lake (La Perla) [Re: Jordan Shipley] #10162891 07/25/14 02:29 AM
T
TogiakTerror Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Funny how a lot of you guys bashed the idea at first. Then when he gave away 2 trips everyone loved the idea. Now it's back to being horrible since you weren't one of the lucky 2

Re: TPWD stocking SAL fingerlings in Jalisco Lake (La Perla) [Re: WAWI] #10163015 07/25/14 03:09 AM
L
La Perla Ranch Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
Originally Posted By: whatsaweighin
A +.++ for marketing is what I think. Little articles are popping up every where the last couple days. This is by design I'm sure, nothing wrong with it but it is an ad campaign pure and simple.

Hey Whatsaweighin it is crazy what is happening now, I know. I understand your assumptions, but I can absolutely guarantee you that it is happening beyond our control my friend. I know you have all seen paid adds in newspapers. Most are full page, but the fact that they are paid for is announced for all to see when you read the announcements in the margins, by the different looking print, and by the obvious fact that they are NEVER on the front page.

A writer from the SA Express called me last week on Wednesday with 30 minutes of questions, and apparently did the same with TPWD SAL head man, Allen Forshage. He then wrote an on-line piece only that went out at 11AM on Friday, as per what he told us he was doing. None of us thought it would go anywhere. It was sort of a minor thing, to be honest with you....Just another blip on the radar screen. Boy were we ever wrong.

On Monday morning, the same writer, Joseph Cook called to tell me that over the weekend that one of the editors of the paper called him to say he had read it, and loved the story so much that he wanted it run in the Monday paper edition ON THE FRONT PAGE! Are you kidding me!!!!! That is crazy, nuts kind of stuff. Like I said before, nobody can make that stuff up, or what happened next, which is absolutely more........crazy illogical stuff.

For whatever reason, other papers and news outlets picked up on it, and it has now basically gone viral. Allen and I had nothing to do with that other than answering a few questions from a young writer looking for a filler story that would most likely die on the vine, except it did not. Now, the story has gone world wide, and it is spreading by the hour. The last one I just saw was in Asia.....Wow.

Whatsaweighin, I don't mean to demean you in any way, because I know you honestly thought we orchestrated this, but please, do this for me. Find some add guy in your area who knows the business, and ask him or her if 10 million could buy this kind of publicity. It is all so very improbable, as is my whole life story.
Thanks for your thoughts man,
Gary

La Perla Ranch
Zapata County, Texas
tecomateranch.com
Re: TPWD stocking SAL fingerlings in Jalisco Lake (La Perla) [Re: La Perla Ranch] #10163118 07/25/14 03:52 AM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted By: La Perla Ranch
Originally Posted By: whatsaweighin

Hey Whatsaweighin it is crazy what is happening now, I know. I understand your assumptions, but I can absolutely guarantee you that it is happening beyond our control my friend. I know you have all seen paid adds in newspapers. Most are full page, but the fact that they are paid for is announced for all to see when you read the announcements in the margins, by the different looking print, and by the obvious fact that they are NEVER on the front page.

A writer from the SA Express called me last week on Wednesday with 30 minutes of questions, and apparently did the same with TPWD SAL head man, Allen Forshage. He then wrote an on-line piece only that went out at 11AM on Friday, as per what he told us he was doing. None of us thought it would go anywhere. It was sort of a minor thing, to be honest with you....Just another blip on the radar screen. Boy were we ever wrong.

On Monday morning, the same writer, Joseph Cook called to tell me that over the weekend that one of the editors of the paper called him to say he had read it, and loved the story so much that he wanted it run in the Monday paper edition ON THE FRONT PAGE! Are you kidding me!!!!! That is crazy, nuts kind of stuff. Like I said before, nobody can make that stuff up, or what happened next, which is absolutely more........crazy illogical stuff.

For whatever reason, other papers and news outlets picked up on it, and it has now basically gone viral. Allen and I had nothing to do with that other than answering a few questions from a young writer looking for a filler story that would most likely die on the vine, except it did not. Now, the story has gone world wide, and it is spreading by the hour. The last one I just saw was in Asia.....Wow.

Whatsaweighin, I don't mean to demean you in any way, because I know you honestly thought we orchestrated this, but please, do this for me. Find some add guy in your area who knows the business, and ask him or her if 10 million could buy this kind of publicity. It is all so very improbable, as is my whole life story.
Thanks for your thoughts man,
Gary

Look, I have zero gripe with the whole deal, as I pointed out in the original thread I am fine with state putting fishing in the lake. If they deemed it a viable test lake and your cool with the program more power to the both of you. It will be interesting to see what comes of it. I heard the term "on the bleeding edge" in a meeting the other day and that's probably where you are right now, a lot of money outlayed, not sure what result will be, mixed reviews from the peanut gallery and having to duck and dodge a spear or 2. I get it. I do think there is a marketing side to it, I have no problem with that. I don't see anything wrong with that, it doesn't appear your saying anything untrue and I'm sure threads like this draw a lot of attention as do articles, YouTube, etc. bet your web page hits have gone through the roof. Big bass gets people fired up. That's a good thing. There will be some who find a way to shoot holes in the deal, they weren't going to be customers anyway. For those that are interested they will take a look at what you have to offer. Again nothing wrong with any of the above and no hard feelings should be taken from this. 10 million would buy plenty of advertising, nothing wrong with a little low cost marketing as I do it myself. I truly hope the program and the process shed some new light and help further the cause of big bass in the state of Texas. Proceed and best of luck with your venture.

Re: TPWD stocking SAL fingerlings in Jalisco Lake (La Perla) [Re: Jordan Shipley] #10163205 07/25/14 04:34 AM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
I thought I heard a loud sucking sound........ hooked

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: TPWD stocking SAL fingerlings in Jalisco Lake (La Perla) [Re: Jordan Shipley] #10163348 07/25/14 11:18 AM
stxsangler Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
So what is the difference in this and the concessions TPWD has given to high fence ranches, whitetail breeder programs, and the privatization of Texas whitetail in our state....
Perhaps in time we can have "private" water records and public water records for Bass.

Re: TPWD stocking SAL fingerlings in Jalisco Lake (La Perla) [Re: Jordan Shipley] #10163403 07/25/14 12:21 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Anyways.......

Re: TPWD stocking SAL fingerlings in Jalisco Lake (La Perla) [Re: TogiakTerror] #10163531 07/25/14 01:14 PM
S
snickers Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
This is so true.
Originally Posted By: TogiakTerror
Funny how a lot of you guys bashed the idea at first. Then when he gave away 2 trips everyone loved the idea. Now it's back to being horrible since you weren't one of the lucky 2

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide