Forums59
Topics1,040,256
Posts13,978,498
Members144,232
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: What is wrong with Lake Amistad !?!?!? [Re: TexBbq] #10154449 07/22/14 12:58 AM
slim 285 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: TexBbq
Originally Posted By: slim 285
When you get old and fat you don't get out of the house much and all you got to talk about is the past.

It's better than having shite in mouth disease!

Maybe you can take penicillin to get rid of that! rolfmao

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: What is wrong with Lake Amistad !?!?!? [Re: slim 285] #10154472 07/22/14 01:05 AM
TexBbq Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
When you get old and fat you don't get out of the house much and all you got to talk about is the past.

I remember when I had my first beer. I also remember my last one.

214-783-8701
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
Re: What is wrong with Lake Amistad !?!?!? [Re: TexBbq] #10154500 07/22/14 01:17 AM
slim 285 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity

I remember when I had my first beer. I also remember my last one.

Me too. Been over two decades since I had the last one.

Re: What is wrong with Lake Amistad !?!?!? [Re: UsCav28] #10154733 07/22/14 02:30 AM
F
fishnfireman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
There is no doubt in my mind that Don is all about helping people. clap
Here are some of the reasons I was a little harsh on his comments about the OP--(What is wrong with Lake Amistad ?)
Mr. Harpers first comment on this was "I think your in the wrong spot. Nothing has happened to the bass there." ----- that's just like saying--- You don't know what your doing....."NOTHING has happened to the bass there"
Mr. Harper then claims " I am seeing thousands of big bass all schooled up against the walls".
When asked why -with all the talent that fishes Amistad - why is NO ONE catching these "thousands of big bass" --- the reply was two excuses about wind and survival rate.
Mr. Harper also said "when you fish the lake for 35 years and have gone through seeing the bass disappear for long periods of time over those years; you might have a clue where they are."
I figure I spent as much time and fished as many tournaments on that lake from 1996 until 2010 than ANYONE who lived as far away as I do.. --- Trust me.. there are lots of us who know how to catch deep fish on Amistad when they leave the grass. In all those years I never saw the fish disappear-- they would reposition a lot, But we always seemed to figure it out before long. However in 2013 that all changed. The fish disappeared..

My point to all of this---- I applaud Don for telling what he was told or what he did that worked. "In 1998 when it was low. In 2003 when it was beginning to fill up. In 2006 when the grass was the tallest".

But I can't see how anyone who has fished Amistad as much as he claims could say----I think your in the wrong spot. Nothing has happened to the bass there.-

Re: What is wrong with Lake Amistad !?!?!? [Re: UsCav28] #10154902 07/22/14 03:22 AM
Donald Harper Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
I think I explained that last statement in the rest of that post. I was not talking about catching fish at all but knowing where they are, why they went there and when they will be back.

I did jump the gun on the spawning issue cutting straight to the chase on what I thank has happened to the bass; which is what I actually thought the OP. wanted to know in the long run. Then I saw he wanted to know about the poor spawns which is still part of this same issue. If there are less fish up there to spawn shallow and no cover to protect the fingerlings then you know what is going to happen.

Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success.
Websiite Sponsors:
www.eletewater.com - Staying Hydrated
www.lakeoviachic.com - Booking Mexico Trips
20 Hot Spot Mapping - GPS Contour Chips - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic

Re: What is wrong with Lake Amistad !?!?!? [Re: UsCav28] #10154960 07/22/14 03:44 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
I agree with the spawn theory, those b@stards seem to start pulling water every year when the spawns fixing to start. But I will add that I do not have Donald's secret techniques or bass knowledge. azn

farmer

Re: What is wrong with Lake Amistad !?!?!? [Re: UsCav28] #10155019 07/22/14 04:04 AM
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
I never had a lot of secret techniques; but paying close attention to all the little parts of each technique. I just wanted to be consistent and in order to do that you have to offer the most realistic bait possible and it has to play upon all of that big bass's senses to get the bite.

Now some of my old spots on Amistad; I went way out of the way to protect them.

Websiite Sponsors:

Re: What is wrong with Lake Amistad !?!?!? [Re: fishnfireman] #10155436 07/22/14 12:58 PM
S
snickers Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
How old are you?
Originally Posted By: fishnfireman
Here are some of the reasons I was a little harsh on his comments about the OP--(What is wrong with Lake Amistad ?)
Mr. Harpers first comment on this was "I think your in the wrong spot. Nothing has happened to the bass there." ----- that's just like saying--- You don't know what your doing....."NOTHING has happened to the bass there"
Mr. Harper then claims " I am seeing thousands of big bass all schooled up against the walls".
When asked why -with all the talent that fishes Amistad - why is NO ONE catching these "thousands of big bass" --- the reply was two excuses about wind and survival rate.
Mr. Harper also said "when you fish the lake for 35 years and have gone through seeing the bass disappear for long periods of time over those years; you might have a clue where they are."
I figure I spent as much time and fished as many tournaments on that lake from 1996 until 2010 than ANYONE who lived as far away as I do.. --- Trust me.. there are lots of us who know how to catch deep fish on Amistad when they leave the grass. In all those years I never saw the fish disappear-- they would reposition a lot, But we always seemed to figure it out before long. However in 2013 that all changed. The fish disappeared..

My point to all of this---- I applaud Don for telling what he was told or what he did that worked. "In 1998 when it was low. In 2003 when it was beginning to fill up. In 2006 when the grass was the tallest".

But I can't see how anyone who has fished Amistad as much as he claims could say----I think your in the wrong spot. Nothing has happened to the bass there.-

Re: What is wrong with Lake Amistad !?!?!? [Re: fishnfireman] #10155468 07/22/14 01:11 PM
H
Hook in Mouth Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H

Doosher of the Year candidate.

This thread got poo'd on.

Re: What is wrong with Lake Amistad !?!?!? [Re: UsCav28] #10155636 07/22/14 02:12 PM
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
That's OK. It give one practice just in case you get arrested and sit in the interrogation room for 8 hours. This gives you a chance to go over and over your story. You just want to make sure you don't change anything or add anything to the story; other wise you may incriminate yourself. HA...

Websiite Sponsors:

Re: What is wrong with Lake Amistad !?!?!? [Re: snickers] #10156251 07/22/14 06:14 PM
F
fishnfireman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
[quote=snickers]How old are you.

Old enough to recognize the smell of B.S. But young enough to want to clear the air when it gets a little intense.

Re: What is wrong with Lake Amistad !?!?!? [Re: UsCav28] #10156436 07/22/14 07:26 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
There are tons of big fish out there but the problem is that they will only eat chicken livers and doughballs....

Re: What is wrong with Lake Amistad !?!?!? [Re: fishnfireman] #10156453 07/22/14 07:36 PM
S
snickers Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
So your a disrespectful child . And a dooshbag to boot

Old enough to recognize the smell of B.S. But young enough to want to clear the air when it gets a little intense.

Re: What is wrong with Lake Amistad !?!?!? [Re: snickers] #10156655 07/22/14 08:52 PM
F
fishnfireman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Originally Posted By: snickers

I am also old enough that I don't have to regress to the childish behavior of name calling. Just because I don't agree with someone.
I would rather point out what I feel is wrong or misleading.... Like I did with Mr. Harpers posts.

Last edited by fishnfireman; 07/22/14 09:18 PM.
Re: What is wrong with Lake Amistad !?!?!? [Re: fishnfireman] #10156742 07/22/14 09:21 PM
S
snickers Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
but you can pick on a old man.
Originally Posted By: snickers

I am also old enough that I don't have to regress to the childish behavior of name calling. Just because I don't agree with someone.
I would rather point out what I feel is wrong or misleading.... Like I did with Mr. Harpers posts.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide