Texas Fishing Forum

San Luis Pass

Posted By: rebait

San Luis Pass - 09/08/17 01:45 AM

Has anyone been down to the pass since Harvey? How did it fair. Did county park get much damage?
Posted By: Slab Killa

Re: San Luis Pass - 09/09/17 09:39 PM

I heard they were biting
Posted By: noobpc

Re: San Luis Pass - 09/10/17 05:53 PM

I was at the pass on the Freeport side on 9/7 fishing frozen rays from Bucees. I soaked bait for about 3 hours under the bridge. Wasn't able to cast very far due to the heavy bait, maybe 30-40 yards. Was targeting shark.

Water was very muddy and there was a lot of current. Also unusually tall swells hitting the beach too very frequently. I'm assuming that's from the Harvey runoff though.

Didn't get a single bite. But then again, I'm not very experienced and still don't know what I'm doing, so take my report with a few grains of salt, lol.

Re: San Luis Pass - 09/12/17 02:50 AM

Thanks for the report. Got a mid Oct. trip planned. Hope it will clear up and get some salt back by then.
Posted By: Jim Ford

Re: San Luis Pass - 09/12/17 04:04 PM

The Pass should be plenty salty; I'm told that West Bay has very good salinity numbers right now, and the Pass gets flushed with salt water every incoming tide.

Re: San Luis Pass - 09/14/17 12:16 PM

Thanks for the info. Got a real good report from the lady that runs the county park. Dirty water but she caught trout, reds and flounder from shore on mullet.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum