Texas Fishing Forum

October Redfish Guide?

Posted By: Jake Norman

October Redfish Guide? - 07/25/17 02:37 PM

My one year anniversary is coming up in October and my wife is actually entertaining the idea of us hiring a guide to fish the coast for a day. We live in the Tyler area, so I'd ideally like to look in the Port Arthur to Freeport area, but any recommendations would be great, as I am essentially unfamiliar with the entire coast. I'm really thinking a bull red trip would be awesome, but again, I'm open to other ideas from y'all. I wish I was getting on here to offer up some advice, or a fishing report, but I'm really blind to fishing the coast and hopping to get some good direction for a guide to book. Thanks for any input!!
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: October Redfish Guide? - 07/26/17 10:40 PM

Many good guides out if Galveston to put you on big reds. They are plenty in Sept and October. Might try Lindy Hebert for sabine area too.
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: October Redfish Guide? - 07/26/17 11:42 PM

Come on down to Seadrift/Port O' Connor, it's the nearest real flats fishing, and October is just epic. Get hold of Nathan here or one of the Bay Flats lodge guys, they'll hook you up right.

Sitting at the jetty's slinging meat is ok for a while, but it's nothing compared to sight casting back lakes.
Posted By: Captain Nathan Beabout

Re: October Redfish Guide? - 07/27/17 12:12 AM

If you decide to come south to Seadrift, holler at me. we could do a day of bull reds, and a day of fishing in the bay.
thanks Nathan Beabout
Posted By: Jake Norman

Re: October Redfish Guide? - 08/09/17 01:07 PM

Thanks to all for the replies! It gives me a good starting point for sure.
Posted By: ccoker

Re: October Redfish Guide? - 08/09/17 03:11 PM

Nathan is a good dude to fish with...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum