Texas Fishing Forum

sergeant

Posted By: wooddiver

sergeant - 06/07/17 10:38 PM

Going to Sargent TX on the 16th will do some kayaking any tips or advice would be great. Thanks
Posted By: wooddiver

Re: sergeant - 06/19/17 02:44 AM

Ok, so A lot of people have looked at the post and no one wants to help a fellow fisherman....THANKS. So now I will provide what I found out by wasting a weekend. I fished with artificial bait (soft plastics) and only had small non-aggressive bites. What I did catch was under size for both Reds (1) and Flounders (1). The first day there were not live shrimp to buy and the second day the shrimp were small. Life or dead the shrimp did not help. This is only my second time to Sergant and the first time was a blast and catching catfish and trout. This time could not even get a cat. Thanks again to all the lookers’ non-helpers.
Posted By: txshotgun

Re: sergeant - 06/19/17 06:49 PM

Aw man. C'mon. People look but may not have the answers for you. Don't assume they're being Richards.
Posted By: 1Fisher77316

Re: sergeant - 06/21/17 05:10 AM

Sorry I missed your post. I would have recommended you to go out to the island and take a right & go to the county boat launch. Go west out of the launch and take the 1st left into Mitchells Cut. Follow Mitchells to either the 1st or 2nd right and go into East Matagorda bay. Take your pick from there.
Tight lines
1Fisher77316
Posted By: Skavatar

Re: sergeant - 06/21/17 05:32 PM

well, i've never been to Sargent...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum