Texas Fishing Forum

Gulf Shores Orange Beach Ala

Posted By: gullchaser

Gulf Shores Orange Beach Ala - 05/15/17 05:53 PM

Any Info about fishing Gulf Fishing Pier Anyone Fished their ? Beach Fishing ? Gulf shores or Orange Beach
Posted By: Ricky87

Re: Gulf Shores Orange Beach Ala - 05/19/17 12:22 AM

I'm in for info also going June
Posted By: Corbin Foster

Re: Gulf Shores Orange Beach Ala - 05/19/17 07:19 AM

I was stationed Pensacola for a while, I fished Pensacola Beach Pier a good bit. I have friends who do bowfishing guides out of gulf shores and also some inshore stuff. Im not sure of the fishing forum for gulf shores but check out Pensacolafishingforum.com for recent surf/pier fishing reports. The King Mackerel should be on fire. You see some beautiful creatures off of those piers.
Posted By: Ricky87

Re: Gulf Shores Orange Beach Ala - 05/19/17 03:24 PM

Thanks for the info
Posted By: gullchaser

Re: Gulf Shores Orange Beach Ala - 05/28/17 05:04 PM

Thanks for the info will give it a look Going to watch grandson play baseball turny want to try Fishing
Posted By: C.M.

Re: Gulf Shores Orange Beach Ala - 05/29/17 01:17 AM

Originally Posted By: gullchaser
Any Info about fishing Gulf Fishing Pier Anyone Fished their ? Beach Fishing ? Gulf shores or Orange Beach

I spent few days over there once... Found a limit of reds in the surf (literally sight-casting). At local restaurant chef never heard of "redfish on a half-shell". Shamed all Alabama... :-(
Posted By: Corbin Foster

Re: Gulf Shores Orange Beach Ala - 05/31/17 04:28 PM

You'll get those people everywhere.. Florida was the first place I ever heard of redfish on the half shell! But I am also from the foothills of NC, we dont exactly have redfish within 5 hours
Posted By: C.M.

Re: Gulf Shores Orange Beach Ala - 06/02/17 03:58 AM

Yeah, but unlike you, those guys were living on the shore. No excuses! smile
Posted By: n_fish

Re: Gulf Shores Orange Beach Ala - 06/07/17 10:58 PM

Was there last year, 14th-20th of the month, caught a limit of kings and Spanish from before daylight until @ 8:00. All were caught on X-Raps and Yozuri jerk baits, also caught a 30 lb. Jack Crevelle. Late evening, last 2 hours of daylight, reds and Spanish and some Jacks would run by the far end of the pier until dark. Used 2500 series reels with 20lb. Braid and 50lb. Steel leader attached directly to your lure, must have for the toothy critters. Get there before daylight and go out as far as you can walk. Talk to the locals, most will tell you what the fish are doing. Best of Luck
Posted By: CurlyTailFishing

Re: Gulf Shores Orange Beach Ala - 08/18/17 02:07 PM

I regularly travel there during the summer for fishing. I have family in Birmingham and usually fish for 7 days in Gulf Shores and visit for 1 or 2. This summer I caught a 50 pound red off the end of the pier and a limit of spanish mackerel on multiple days. Go early, arrive before the sun comes up. The fishing is best when the barometric pressure is low and around noon and around 7-9 am. Fishing here is phenomenal. You can target any species from any depth. There is a tackle shop connected to the pier and a bar/restaurant called Pelican Sam's Roost. People are friendly and the prices are modest. [img]http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics...5_1733298150855[/img]
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum