Texas Fishing Forum

Pier Fishing Cart Ideas

Posted By: Fly-Tyer T

Pier Fishing Cart Ideas - 06/05/15 02:11 PM

Does anyone have pics of their pier fishing carts. I just recently bought a wagon and I am looking for ideas for different setups. I've looked on the internet and haven't really came across a whole lot. Any ideas/pictures you can share would be great.
Posted By: tchunter

Re: Pier Fishing Cart Ideas - 06/12/15 11:10 PM

My brother in low does a lot of pier fishing in Mobile. I did a lot of research on the subject so I could buy him a cart for some work he did for me. Gander Mountain had the one with the best features. I discussed it with him and come to find out, he had one just like it. I has rod holders and even a cutting table with a bait basket. The store in Corsicana is your best bet.
Posted By: Duckcreek Davy

Re: Pier Fishing Cart Ideas - 06/16/15 08:13 PM

I went to Google images and searched "pier fishing carts" and came up with a ton of ideas.

Right Here!
Posted By: IslandJim

Re: Pier Fishing Cart Ideas - 06/22/15 06:45 PM

Davy: Lots of great ideas, but almost all of them had no umbrella or shade. I know, the great fishermen go out at night, but it can rain at night, too.
Posted By: Fly-Tyer T

Re: Pier Fishing Cart Ideas - 06/24/15 03:59 PM

That's what I came across as well. I will post some pics this evening of what I came up with. Thanks!
Posted By: Lindsey

Re: Pier Fishing Cart Ideas - 06/25/15 09:13 PM

Buy a garden wagon from Northern Tool. Get the big one. It will cost around $100, but should last for at least 5 years. I use PVC for rod holders, and I zip tie them to the cart. Very easy, customizable setup with lot's of cart space. Buying a "fishing cart" is usually a ripoff.
Posted By: Texashorseman

Re: Pier Fishing Cart Ideas - 06/26/15 12:41 PM

Here is what I have....found it at the dump....cloth was tore all up.....had some aluminum plate and made a floor, took aluminum rod holders for a boat and bolted them on the back upside down, remounted the handle so it would be in the middle on the front, added some eye bolts in the bed. Now my cooler sits on the bed and I bungie it down with the eye bolts, rods slip down in the holders, tackle box sits in the front on the floor towards the front. Good part is the wheels mount off/on with a little locking handle. Remove the wheels and it takes up about a 4 X 3 space about 6 inches deep with the wheels laying in the bed of it. Will try and get a pic of it today and post it. Just an idea....works great for the beach area...big wheels make it easy to pull and it's only about 10 lbs or so.

[img]http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics...iler_bicycle_tr[/img]
Posted By: Surf rod

Re: Pier Fishing Cart Ideas - 06/29/15 02:20 PM

This was my Father's Day gift. I love it the only thing I'm going to change is the front wheel.

Posted By: cudakilla

Re: Pier Fishing Cart Ideas - 06/29/15 10:46 PM

Yup. That front wheel won't last long. I went through 2 of them before I welded a plate to the bottom and bolted a heavy duty caster from Northern Tool.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum