Texas Fishing Forum

Looking for an inshore spot to take my 5yo daughter

Posted By: Squeaky McGees Dad

Looking for an inshore spot to take my 5yo daughter - 02/16/15 07:22 PM

Hi everyone,

My daughter really wanted to go fishing yesterday, so I took her down the the Texas City Dike and we did some fishing. We didn't even get a bite, and for me that makes probably 5 trips in a row since November with not even a bite at TDC. I did get some flounder in October, but nothing since, it's as if the fish have moved out of there. Anyhow, does anyone have any good recommendations of a safe place to fish from the bank or pier where we have a decent chance of catching something? I'm thinking about trying Seawolf Park again, or maybe the Surfside jetties. I'm not a huge fan of bringing my 5 year old out to the rocks though, her safety is more important than catching fish. I tend to be a slightly overprotective Daddy to my little girl if you can't tell.

Thanks
Posted By: outdoorsman916

Re: Looking for an inshore spot to take my 5yo daughter - 02/17/15 12:30 AM

I would recommend going to 18th street pier in San Leon.
When it warm up you can get a lot of fish
Posted By: outdoorsman916

Re: Looking for an inshore spot to take my 5yo daughter - 02/17/15 12:31 AM

Sorry for it being upside down
Posted By: Galveston340

Re: Looking for an inshore spot to take my 5yo daughter - 02/17/15 12:45 AM

...seeing you said your Daughter is only 5yrs old, and I am guessing that she is fishing also, I might recommend hitting a local bayou. Hall's right off FM2004, Dickinson Bayou here in town has a pretty good area set up at the launch on HWY 3, saw some good Reds landed the other day here in Dickinson when I was down there testing an engine.
Posted By: Squeaky McGees Dad

Re: Looking for an inshore spot to take my 5yo daughter - 02/17/15 02:14 PM

Thanks for the tips! Yes, she will be fishing also. She has not caught a fish yet and she is really excited about catching fish. I consider myself blessed to have a daughter that is interested in fishing, and I know having some success will grow her interest in fishing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum