Texas Fishing Forum

In Victoria - opinions on Jettys to fish thur and fri

Posted By: Jeremy D

In Victoria - opinions on Jettys to fish thur and fri - 04/25/13 12:55 AM

Hey guys

I'm usually chiming on here about largemouths, but I'm in Victoria tx doing some symphony work and wanting to do some fishing! My charter cancelled on me so I'm planning to fish jetties. I wanted to try port aransas north jetty (1 hour drive) does anyone have a recommendation for something closer? I just want to catch something that tugs.

I fished the Jettys back in march for sheepshead and got a couple

From what I've read, you can't go wrong with free lined shrimp. I went to academy and have a live well bucket now but what about bigger poles? I have two surf poles I want to throw also. Any suggestions? I would gladly buy some drinks if someone wanted to have me along with them.

Thanks! smile

Re: In Victoria - opinions on Jettys to fish thur and fri - 04/25/13 11:29 PM

I've decided to go to the port a south jetty. Would it be worthwhile fishing all night into the morning? Or just tomorrow morning?

Thanks

Re: In Victoria - opinions on Jettys to fish thur and fri - 04/25/13 11:30 PM

Oh and I bought two longer heavy poles for long casts and two lighter weight to try drifting shrimp. Any help would be appreciated!
Posted By: spiffo15

Re: In Victoria - opinions on Jettys to fish thur and fri - 05/02/13 04:05 PM

I've caught vermillion snapper in the third gut close to the rocks. Also caugh pompano, trout and sheeps head around the same location. North Jetty is better because water is clearer and its less fished. Either way I hear this weekend is going to be good. End of south jetty for reds when the water hits 70 degrees.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum