Texas Fishing Forum

going to Rockport in a couple weeks

Posted By: NB Fisherman

going to Rockport in a couple weeks - 04/14/13 08:59 PM

Any advice? Will have my cast net to try to catch some croaker and mullet, other than that, we will probably be wade fishing around the area... Haven't been down there in a while. Thanks!
Posted By: ck8848

Re: going to Rockport in a couple weeks - 04/14/13 09:22 PM

Try wade fishing behind goose island there's a boat ramp n some docks keep going back there n you should catch fish also try new pier and copano pier have had luck at all those places with live bait .big trout will bite live mullet at night too.free line them.
Posted By: Jones1108

Re: going to Rockport in a couple weeks - 04/15/13 09:47 PM

Goose Island has been great wade fishing. Live croaker should get you into the specs.
Posted By: Undertow

Re: going to Rockport in a couple weeks - 04/16/13 12:54 AM

Was down there weekend before last and no bait stands had live croaker for sell. It's too early. We did catch one in the cast net though. I will be there again on the 25th. Will it still be too early for them? We did see and net a bunch of menhaden, if your interested in targeting redfish.
Posted By: SaltwaterWillie

Re: going to Rockport in a couple weeks - 04/19/13 03:24 AM

Way to early for croaker...look around mid to late May at the earliest..We saw a kayaker cleaning a few reds on the South (brown and root flats) side of hwy 361 when we were down there a couple weeks ago. We only got one red but it was a 1/2 inch short.
Posted By: SpeciesFisherman

Re: going to Rockport in a couple weeks - 04/19/13 03:31 AM

Go to the big pier you are bound to catch something. I also have a question. I went down to RockPort last ThanksGiving and they were hitting very very very very hard. Every cast we had specs. Then i went again in march and they were not even there.... i was mind blown. The time was around 10 at night and fish till morning for both ThanksGiving and March. Is it tide? Or season? They weather was perfect no cold front or nothing. I ask the guy and he said
"praying"
Posted By: EllerTroy

Re: going to Rockport in a couple weeks - 04/19/13 09:54 PM

It was the time of year. Summer is the best time to catch trout under the lights.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum