Texas Fishing Forum

Destin Florida

Posted By: Troy fish-alot

Destin Florida - 03/06/13 02:15 PM

Can anyone give some insight to Destin fishing? I am taking my family there in June and plan on booking a bay fishing trip.

any information would be great. So far, I have found mainly deep sea trips on-line. A few offer trout and red fishing, but they don't seem to specialize in it.

Thanks
Troy
Posted By: WacoKid10

Re: Destin Florida - 03/06/13 05:16 PM

I fished in the bay last year and can't recall the guides name. He worked out of the marina right next to the mid bay bridge. It has giant murals of whales and stuff on the side of the boat barn storage facility. Anyway, it was a fun trip but we did not catch any reds or keeper trout. We caught several Blue Fish, several flounder, about 100 skipjacks and a whole lot of undersized speckled trout. It was fun with a lot of action, but I was hoping for more trout or reds. It was later August, so perhaps that is not the best time of year?
Posted By: Troy fish-alot

Re: Destin Florida - 03/06/13 05:18 PM

thanks for info

I will try to find them
Posted By: flydoc

Re: Destin Florida - 03/07/13 02:30 AM

Try-- pensacola fishing forum-- I just returned from Destin and the fishin was slow. Bad weather had alot to do with that.
Everyone waits for the cobia and king run in April off the beaches.

Some guides report on the forum--Capt Brad did well for bull reds in penscola bay.. Good luck FD
Posted By: Texasaggies1

Re: Destin Florida - 03/07/13 04:59 AM

Try off the hook outfitters, or something like that his name is Capt. Pat and he will put you on some fish!!! Went the last 2 years with him when I went on vacation and didn't go home disappointed. Oh and last year he went home with 7 trout, 2 Spanish mackerel, and the year before we went home with 3 Spanish mackerel, and 3 trout. The Spanish Macks are a lot better done there in Florida for some reason, maybe because the water is nicer. But try capt Pat.
Posted By: wh2004

Re: Destin Florida - 03/08/13 03:48 PM

Bay fishing sucked last June when I was there.
Posted By: Razzorduck

Re: Destin Florida - 03/11/13 11:51 PM

Why bay fish in Destin? You can do that at home. The nearshore fishery is awesome that time of year. Snapper season should be open as well and they are plentiful nearshore.
Posted By: WacoKid10

Re: Destin Florida - 03/13/13 06:42 PM

Razzorduck is right. Neasrhore fishing in Destin is great because it startes right out of the harbor. No long run to fishing grounds. Its also cheaper.
Posted By: Hook 'em Horns

Re: Destin Florida - 03/14/13 06:30 PM

June is snapper season!! Nevermind the trout!
Posted By: Razzorduck

Re: Destin Florida - 03/14/13 11:50 PM

Tons of action nearshore as well. Kids will dig it. Not near as technical as inshore. They will catch fish!!!
Posted By: Reel Buck

Re: Destin Florida - 03/20/13 11:48 AM

We fished a boat called the Salty Jig. It was a nearshore trip. Two years ago in June. Caught alot of fish. The biggest was a 48 inch King. Had a blast. Price was decent, but the boat was alittle small. 4 people max.
Posted By: Dugie

Re: Destin Florida - 03/23/13 06:30 AM

I take a kayak and go out to the bay....tons of trout to catch in certain areas...the only reds I caught were flipping docks with bait.
The Pensacola fishing forum is a great place to get info. Several guides will do combo nearshore/inshore trips too.
Posted By: j_mit

Re: Destin Florida - 03/30/13 12:42 PM

What was the King caught on? I am going to try Destin in July, and want to fish near shore.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum