Texas Fishing Forum

Birds, Specks, but where did the Reds go?

Posted By: Capt. Lindy Hebert

Birds, Specks, but where did the Reds go? - 05/20/12 02:13 PM

May 19,2012 Had a client and thought I would make an easy fish catching morning with live shrimp. Guess what? could not buy any live shrimp! Headed right to Sabine Pass with the few shrimp I had left and started working the edges. Nothing !! -0-, notta!! So much for the easy bite. Now I had to work Saturday starting from scratch (almost). Ran into Sabine Lake and "low and behold" saw a couple of birds working. It was "FISH ON" pretty much all morning. Had a couple of Top Water hits, changed to TTF Trout Killers and the action was non-stop all morning.No problem catching a limit of some nice Speckled Trout. If you see some birds working try not to spook them and keep your distance. If everybody could give people that are actually fishing a little bit of room, I think everyone could catch a few more fish. Summer is here and the fishing is really good and should stay that way. The fishing is excellent from the back marshes all the way to the Sabine Pass Jetties, so be nice and go catch some fish! www.luckylindycharters@yahoo.com

Posted By: Viper Rods

Re: Birds, Specks, but where did the Reds go? - 05/20/12 04:53 PM

Nice mess of fish there, I can't wait to get back to CC thumb

Posted By: LexyFishing

Re: Birds, Specks, but where did the Reds go? - 05/20/12 07:26 PM

There is a specks run for spawning right now. You should be able to limit out in roll over pass or surfside area easily.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum