Texas Fishing Forum

red tide?

Posted By: shark

red tide? - 11/02/11 01:28 AM

i was plannin a trip to cc in a few weeks, but was told that red tide would be an issue? should i fish anyways?

Posted By: Iwreckalot

Re: red tide? - 11/03/11 11:51 AM

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/landwater/water/environconcerns/hab/redtide/status.phtml

Beaches south of Galveston appear to be where the red tide is lingering. Some appear worse than others. I haven't ever tried to fish with red tide around. I also haven't seen many replies to other Red Tide forums around here so I'm afraid I won't be much help with that. If it were me, I probably try to find a beach away from the red tide. Good luck.

Posted By: 28incher

Re: red tide? - 11/15/11 07:01 PM

Texas Saltwater magazine said the red tide was not a factor this year. It is all gone, the sport fish were not effected. This according to their December issue.

Posted By: mbsfish

Re: red tide? - 11/15/11 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By: ken1
Texas Saltwater magazine said the red tide was not a factor this year. It is all gone, the sport fish were not effected. This according to their December issue.

They would be wrong then. Here are some recent reports.

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt...ide#Post6844679

Texas Kayak Fisherman

It seems the area around Portland is still experiencing red tide on the CC bay side. Down by the island, LM, and back side of Mustang seem to be free of red tide.

Posted By: Reillys driver

Re: red tide? - 11/15/11 10:08 PM

I just returned from SPI yesterday it was just awful eyes burning and coughing but didnt slow our catching in the least. Cover your mouth and nose with a bandanna or scarf it really helps.

Posted By: FL-Fishlady

Re: red tide? - 11/16/11 04:11 AM

I fished the surf on South Padre Island today during the incoming tide and the air was really hard to breath. Made me cough and sneeze most of the time I was there. Usually have a catch of 20-30 fish when I leave, but today only 4 fish for my efforts. fish

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum