Texas Fishing Forum

is my 1997 s10 blazer 4x4 good enough for bigshell it is stock suspension

Posted By: shaun79p

is my 1997 s10 blazer 4x4 good enough for bigshell it is stock suspension - 05/29/11 04:59 PM

Just bought a good running 4x4 blazer it is the s10 model sits up okay but want to go to bigshell thats why i bought it. Do i need to lift and add bigger tires or will thisdo just fine?
Posted By: LandPirate

Re: is my 1997 s10 blazer 4x4 good enough for bigshell it is stock suspension - 05/29/11 06:46 PM

I would say that it depends more on the type and condition of the tires. Bald highway tires aren't going to be too bueno in soft sand.

Larger, more aggressive tires are generally better. Larger because they don't cut into the sand or sink.

Either way, I typically air down to about 20 psi in all 4 tires. Be prepared to dig yourself out if you are stuck. A shovel, high lift jack, some old carpet and 2x6's. If you have a winch then take along a boat anchor. You can bury the anchor then winch off of it. Also take chain and tow straps.

The main thing is be prepared to be self suffiecient for any possibility. Generally there is no cell phone service. Towing fees "down beach" can easily reach $1000+. The National Forest Service WILL NOT tow you or get you unstuck. Depending upon when you go, there may not be other people to assist.
Posted By: shaun79p

Re: is my 1997 s10 blazer 4x4 good enough for bigshell it is stock suspension - 05/29/11 08:55 PM

I was thinking i would need some of those tools and i am going to purchase super swampers for my truck and a 3 inch body lift to fit the 33's this should do.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum