Texas Fishing Forum

guides answer

Posted By: sawsall

guides answer - 08/22/10 02:54 AM

I grew up in victoria and POC has always been my place. A few weeks back I take my boss to east matty for a day trip. We go on a Monday to avoid the crowds. Its 8:30a and this guy cuts behind our drift by 20 yards, looks like a guide with 4 on the boat?

So here's where it gets crazy. 2pm we pull up to a well known reef in the bay. I kill the motor at 300yds and start to troll. The same boat from earlier is there and screaming stuff like "we are leaving if you fish here, then pulls line and drives his $40K boat 20 feel from us churning mud. Is there an appropriat contact for this behavior? Had I not been with my boss, I would have followed the clown and shown him my crazy. What do the professionals advise in this situation??
Posted By: pHf

Re: guides answer - 08/22/10 11:29 AM

Just carry a surf rod and a 5oz pyramid sinker. You can really get some ones attention when a hole is put in their boat. LOL! It seems no matter where one goes there are always a bunch of a-holes around. I try and not be one of them. If he is a guide and working in saltwater then he should be licensed through USCG. If you have his boat reg. ID then you might look it up and submit a formal complaint via the USCG. Not 100% sure on that though. Have fun no matter what and find joy no matter the situation.

put Him first
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum