Texas Fishing Forum

redfish guide in venice

Posted By: tunaman

redfish guide in venice - 02/10/10 06:03 PM

Best time to go and guide,any help?
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: redfish guide in venice - 02/10/10 06:31 PM

Best time for inshore/march fishing is July-November, let the river fall out and fishing gets much easier.
Posted By: kcb

Re: redfish guide in venice - 02/10/10 06:45 PM

Have been twice in Oct. as guides advised. Don't have their # but the guys we used were named Bobby Dugas & Clint Stewart. Fishing excellent when we went.
Posted By: YF 21

Re: redfish guide in venice - 02/12/10 03:05 AM

Ryan Lambert at Cajun Fishing Adventures
http://www.cajunfishingadventures.com/
Venice is a wonderful place to fish.
Best times are in the fall when the river runs low - fish stack up v spreading out in the cane and marsh. 100 fish days are common - we keep a few and CPR the rest . The guides are always on fish though.
Good luck.
Posted By: RngrMac

Re: redfish guide in venice - 02/15/10 03:24 AM

Capt billy and his crew are the best I've ever been with in the Venice area. He is a superb host, if your looking for a place to stay his Lodge is awesome ..... not to mention he is one heck of a chef !! Hope you go its incredible. I was there in Oct and caught LOTS of fish under some of the windiest conditions.

Venice Fishing Lodge at (504)657-5937

Email for additional information: info@venicefishinglodge.net

Or Contact

Billy Nicholas

512-738-0335

or

billy@venicefishinglodge.net

Posted By: OldFrog

Re: redfish guide in venice - 02/15/10 08:27 AM

Try looking on www.rodnreel.com. Plenty of guides there. Check out the fishing reports, they all post.
Posted By: Tom Baty

Re: redfish guide in venice - 02/16/10 06:31 AM

I fished with Mr. Jeff Fuscia of Delta Dawn Fishin Guides, and I had the time of my life! We caught so many reds, that my arms were sore the next day, and my dad landed a 27 pounder! The experience was great, and I couldnt have asked for anything more.

http://www.deltadawnfishing.com/index.html

P.S. - I went over Spring Break in mid-March
Posted By: Garfish RR

Re: redfish guide in venice - 02/26/10 07:28 PM

Dan Dix - MLC Charters

Shane Mayfield - Deep South Charters

Check out louisianasportsman.com for more info.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: redfish guide in venice - 02/28/10 03:13 PM

1+ on Dan Dix. Awesome boat to fish from.

Everyone should ge to Venice at least once in their life. It's awesome. Fall is supposed to be the best but it's pretty good anytime you go.

MLC Charters
Posted By: Captain Boola

Re: redfish guide in venice - 03/03/10 04:56 AM

Hello everybody, I was browsing the web and found this site and couldn't help but notice the inquiries on fishing Venice. I own and operate Reel Tite Fishing Guide Service in Venice Louisiana which is a full service fishing lodge. If anyone is interested in having the fishing trip of a lifetime call Captain Boola at (504)416-3092 or visit www.reeltite.com
Posted By: Garfish 3

Re: redfish guide in venice - 03/05/10 05:47 PM

Capt. Boola is legit, also.

Have seen his reports on the La. web sites.
Posted By: Philpot

Re: redfish guide in venice - 03/09/10 07:43 PM

I've fished the area in February, August, and November with excellent results every time. A new PB redfish each trip, stacks of specks, sheephead, and black drum each trip as well. That's the greatest inshore area on the planet regardless of what month it is you're fishing there.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: redfish guide in venice - 03/10/10 11:41 PM

It ought to be a law that everyone must fish Venice at least once before they die.
Posted By: Philpot

Re: redfish guide in venice - 03/14/10 06:21 PM

That's the truth right there.
Posted By: JJHunts

Re: redfish guide in venice - 03/15/10 09:57 PM

Louisianna red fishing is as much fun as a man can have with his pants on!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum