Texas Fishing Forum

8 mile road

Posted By: aamirza04

8 mile road - 06/20/09 03:38 PM

Has anyone had any luck in the last few weeks? I have gone twice in, one to 8 mile rd all the way and another to sportman rd(last left turn) and haven't caught any keepers. 1 speck that was about 12" and then catfish. I just wanted to see if anyone has had any luck.

thanks
Posted By: chronacast

Re: 8 mile road - 06/20/09 07:26 PM

where is this 8 mile rd you talk about??
Posted By: aamirza04

Re: 8 mile road - 06/20/09 07:27 PM

4 miles west on the seawall
Posted By: Billy Goat

Re: 8 mile road - 06/20/09 10:29 PM

I fished there this morning, but didnt catch anything.

I did slip off a moss covered rock, and cut my hand all up on submerged stuff. Several other fisherman today. That said, this is the first time I've fished that place, so dont count it out just cause I came up short.

shane

Posted By: always fishin

Re: 8 mile road - 06/22/09 01:13 PM

hey shane i have fished there plenty. some times the fish are there. i have caught trouts and reds there but nothing very big.hey how was the party boat trip randall
Posted By: Tater09

Re: 8 mile road - 06/22/09 03:43 PM

i still dont know where yall are at
Posted By: Billy Goat

Re: 8 mile road - 06/22/09 05:17 PM

Party boat trip was fun, although my wife got pretty sick. we caught lots of small sharks, and the guy next to me hooked into a ~30# ling. unfortunately, he lost the fish right at the boat during a gaff attempt.

8 mile rd is about mid island on Galveston Island. head north, and dogleg over to Anderson Ways rd. Fish at end of road. Try not to fall into the water and cut the hell out of your hands....
Posted By: christopher_mendoza2005

Re: 8 mile road - 06/28/09 04:58 AM

8 mile road and sportmans road arent too bad to fish, its just right now during the summer the fish there are smaller, most or the larger reds and trout will be found in the east bay/trinity bay areas. but in winter and spring the fish are usually bigger. if you are starting out wading and learning the ropes, its a pretty awesome place to learn.
Posted By: Chiprat

Re: 8 mile road - 02/04/18 03:09 PM

Bump anyone Crab here? heading down in April. thanks
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum