Texas Fishing Forum

Texas coastal fishing electronics

Posted By: mehall1087

Texas coastal fishing electronics - 02/28/23 07:10 PM

I am looking for graph that has the best mapping on the Texas coastal bays. Really only need the mapping function as we mostly wade fish. I run HB with Lakemaster on my bass boat but wanted to know if Lowrance, Garmin, or anyone else has more detailed maps for the saltwater fishing. 9-12" graph would work nice on my flats boat. Thank you for your help.
Posted By: Jaydub

Re: Texas coastal fishing electronics - 02/28/23 08:13 PM

I have a HB Helix on my boat and use a Lakemaster card for the lakes in north Texas. I go to the Louisiana coast several times a year and also have a Navionics card in my unit that I switch to down there. Not sure what the detail of the Texas coast is like, but it works well in SE La. I also have gone to Navionics online and printed 11x17 hard copies of the areas I fish so that I'm looking at a larger version of the same map on my unit.
Posted By: mehall1087

Re: Texas coastal fishing electronics - 03/01/23 08:36 PM

awesome, thank you. We tried running Navionics card in Solix a couple of years ago and it would lock unit. They may have fixed that issue now.
Posted By: Capt. Andrew

Re: Texas coastal fishing electronics - 03/09/23 02:09 AM

Shoot me a message. I can get you setup with a unit and map card with a satellite overlay.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Texas coastal fishing electronics - 03/12/23 12:51 PM

I run both the Humminbird Coastal and Navionics on a Helix 15. Sometimes one is better than the other. Easy to switch between the two. Coastal has some nice features like shading at different depth contours. Generally I like the Navionics for Navigation and Coastal for fishing.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Texas coastal fishing electronics - 03/12/23 12:56 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Capt. AlanP

Re: Texas coastal fishing electronics - 05/23/23 05:40 PM

I highly recommend the Texas E-1 card by Standard Mapping. It is the best I have ever used. Very detailed and gives you Google earth mapping.

Capt. Alan
Galvestpn Bay Fishing
Galveston Fishing Charters
Posted By: bellaireroad

Re: Texas coastal fishing electronics - 05/25/23 04:26 PM

Does the Texas E1 card show depth?
If so, where does the info come from, NOAA?
How often are they updated?
Posted By: Jerry713

Re: Texas coastal fishing electronics - 05/25/23 07:40 PM

I haven’t compared HB to any others but I’m super happy with my Garmin at least for the Rockport area. Accurately shows reefs and a lot of other structures in the main bay. You won’t find anything you can rely on for the back lakes. Things change too often.
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Texas coastal fishing electronics - 05/25/23 11:52 PM

The further south you go the less depth will matter.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum