Texas Fishing Forum

Just Bitten Drone - Statistics and Analysis

Posted By: Just Bitten

Just Bitten Drone - Statistics and Analysis - 05/25/22 07:40 PM

I have been tracking the statistics of my drone mostly to help me justify the expensive purchase. I will continue to track deployments, sharks caught, etc until the drone meets it's unfortunate demise (and we all know that will happen eventually). I did a write up to show you these items and hopefully it can help you decide if you are on the fence about purchasing a drone. Let me know what you think

https://www.justbittenfishingtackle.com/just-bitten-drone---statistics-and-analysis.html#/
Posted By: Jerry713

Re: Just Bitten Drone - Statistics and Analysis - 05/26/22 02:45 PM

Sounds like you're getting your monies worth out of it. I see nothing wrong it. No they're not cheap but in the big picture most of us that fishing regularly spend a lot more than that on things we choose to use as your fishing tools. An RC boat is obviously less but using one on those big wave days that RC boat is going to struggle getting over repeated 6 foot rollers. I can see one of those getting tossed fast.

I know nothing about drones but is there a way you can add a float of some sort to the drone and possibly (depending on the current at that time) recover it for when that demise time comes? Might be ruined by then but seems like there would be a way to make them more water resistant and try to avoid what you know is coming.
Posted By: texasflycaster

Re: Just Bitten Drone - Statistics and Analysis - 05/28/22 11:08 AM

Experienced a runaway with my drone yesterday. Fortunately a tree got in the way!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Just Bitten Drone - Statistics and Analysis - 05/28/22 05:45 PM

Interesting. thumb
Posted By: texasflycaster

Re: Just Bitten Drone - Statistics and Analysis - 05/28/22 10:28 PM

Yeah, it was actually more painful than interesting. Still, glad no real damage - truly amazing. Had just done a firmware update and sticks went non-responsive.
Posted By: huntingbig8

Re: Just Bitten Drone - Statistics and Analysis - 05/29/22 06:50 PM

This is very interesting, What is the deployment method for releasing the bait?

Re: Just Bitten Drone - Statistics and Analysis - 05/30/22 04:18 PM

The drone now come with bait release mechanisms. You attach a separate line to your leader to attach to the drone. Push a button on the remote control and the bait drops.

Re: Just Bitten Drone - Statistics and Analysis - 05/30/22 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by texasflycaster
Yeah, it was actually more painful than interesting. Still, glad no real damage - truly amazing. Had just done a firmware update and sticks went non-responsive.

What kind of drone do you have? My team member has a swell pro and has had issues with that. Except his hit a house at full speed and destroyed the drone. He never even got to drop a bait with it. Fortunately, Swell Pro replaced the drone for free.
Posted By: Easeup

Re: Just Bitten Drone - Statistics and Analysis - 05/31/22 01:53 AM

rolling along with you.........cool info
Posted By: huntingbig8

Re: Just Bitten Drone - Statistics and Analysis - 05/31/22 05:34 PM

That's awesome, What kind of range are you flying your drone out to for the release?

Re: Just Bitten Drone - Statistics and Analysis - 06/03/22 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by huntingbig8
That's awesome, What kind of range are you flying your drone out to for the release?

On average, we are dropping baits around 300 yards out. We try to find where the sharks are most active.
Posted By: jippedgenes

Re: Just Bitten Drone - Statistics and Analysis - 06/05/22 01:47 PM

Interesting read. Love the stats. Good luck and look forward to updates.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum