Texas Fishing Forum

Rockport Flounder

Posted By: fishslayer74

Rockport Flounder - 02/25/22 05:26 PM

Hello fellow fisherman. I’m taking family down to Rockport in a few weeks and want to get my 2 boys on some flounder action. It’s been YEARS since I’ve been but still have all the gear for gigging. Would anyone like to share some wading hotspots in the area?
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Rockport Flounder - 02/25/22 06:13 PM

When asking for help, ask for a private message clue. Nobody is going to tell you anything worthwhile in public. Not a slam, just a fact of life.

Something like this isn't ever going to be seen in public. And even if it was, you couldn't get to it without an air boat.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jerry713

Re: Rockport Flounder - 02/26/22 11:33 PM

Asking for fishing spots or in this case "hot spots" has gotten so common not only in here but most forums I'm on and of course YouTube that no one thinks twice about doing it. It's wrong! Asking for pointers is fine. Hot spots which is no different than someone's honey hole as not cool and it needs to stop.

Stepping off soap box now.
Posted By: fishslayer74

Re: Rockport Flounder - 02/27/22 12:55 PM

Point taken. I’ll figure it out. Thanks anyways

Re: Rockport Flounder - 02/27/22 03:11 PM

Flounder are found in specific spots. Small cuts coming out of the marsh, canal entries, cuts between spoil islands, cuts and guts off the intercoastal.

We generally are after flounder on a falling and low tide. And a whole bunch can be herded into a very small area.

There, now you can google map you up some places to look.
Posted By: split cane rod

Re: Rockport Flounder - 03/05/22 11:06 PM

Hiring a guide for a day will be worth it for a lifetime of memories.

JR
Posted By: JigumMitch

Re: Rockport Flounder - 03/17/22 03:40 PM

I'm hijacking this thread, because the kiddos and I are down here right now. Never fished for flounder before, but I'm going to give it a shot. Got a few places picked out. Going to try some slow dragging retrieves and jigging structure. Not sure if that's right for this time of the year tho. Any setup/color combos you guys prefer?

Thanks, Mitch

Re: Rockport Flounder - 03/18/22 02:52 PM

If you just fished cuts and drains around the spoil islands on the intercoastal, you'll find your flounder. They typically will be aggressive, and when you find one, you find a bunch.
Posted By: JigumMitch

Re: Rockport Flounder - 03/19/22 03:30 AM

Well I caught one. I'm happy though. Always thought they were so cool.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum