Texas Fishing Forum

GSU Canal

Posted By: Rayzor

GSU Canal - 12/25/20 07:24 PM

Is the power plant still operational? Has anyone fished there lately? If so, how was fishing?

Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Re: GSU Canal - 12/27/20 02:50 AM

Wow, no one out of the 92 people that have viewed this, know anything about GSU canal? C'mon fellas! I am in a serious slump. I need to catch something!
Posted By: Specktackulure

Re: GSU Canal - 01/05/21 02:26 AM

I dont think its cold enough yet
Posted By: ToledoBend58

Re: GSU Canal - 01/05/21 07:46 AM

The GSU ( a.k a.Entergy) power plant is still operational. I grew up in Port Neches and fished there many times but I know live in Hemphill. I can't help you with the fishing, I agree with Specktackulure.
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: GSU Canal - 01/05/21 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rayzor
Wow, no one out of the 92 people that have viewed this, know anything about GSU canal? C'mon fellas! I am in a serious slump. I need to catch something!

Power plant still running, fishing is getting better, use shrimp for catching.....just plan a trip and go. Ever been before? If not, anchor left side of canal bend that is near mud flat and get ready!

Re: GSU Canal - 01/08/21 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jimfishes
Originally Posted by Rayzor

Power plant still running, fishing is getting better, use shrimp for catching.....just plan a trip and go. Ever been before? If not, anchor left side of canal bend that is near mud flat and get ready!

Used to live in Pt. Arthur. Been to GSU canal many, many times in the past. I haven't been in a few years, though. I have probably caught more redfish in that canal on dead shrimp than all of my others. Used to catch black drum until my arm hurt, too.

I am now 2 1/2 hours away, so I have to plan my trips according to the tide.

Thanks!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum