Texas Fishing Forum

Fly Fishing - Port Aransas Area

Posted By: sobe_bananas

Fly Fishing - Port Aransas Area - 08/31/20 09:37 PM

Has anyone seen success fly fishing in the Port Aransas area? Perhaps on a drift through the grassy flats?
Posted By: atx_ben

Re: Fly Fishing - Port Aransas Area - 08/31/20 09:49 PM

There's a guide in Seadrift who posts a lot of content about sight fishing redfish (scroll down a few threads in this forum). I bet he'd know someone in your neck of the woods.
Posted By: IslandJim

Re: Fly Fishing - Port Aransas Area - 09/01/20 12:05 AM

They're not real active now with the pandemic, but the Corpus Christi Flyfishing Club is a source for all things Fly. I went to one of their casting clinics behind Roy's. They normally have meetings and fly-tying sessions. Lots of helpful and knowledgeable flycasters. Most of the Roy's fly staff are members or know the members. About the time I got rigged with fly gear, the pandemic hit and I've only flyfished a couple of times in the marsh. No catches yet, but it's my shortcomings. IslandJim
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Fly Fishing - Port Aransas Area - 09/01/20 02:16 AM

I have caught fish at Port Aransas fly fishing while drifting, anchored at the intracoastal, at the jetty, and offshore. Sea trout, ladyfish, redfish, jacks, and Spanish mackerel are available inshore. King mackerel, dolphin, sharks, cobia, and lots of others are available offshore. Port Aransas is a great place to fly fish.
Posted By: Jim Ford

Re: Fly Fishing - Port Aransas Area - 09/01/20 10:11 PM

All the time. Hit any flats and drift. Watch for visible fish while bling casting pitholes and emergent vegetation. Nearby guts or channels with water movement up the odds.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum