Texas Fishing Forum

I Need Your Advice - New Shimano Reel Decision

Posted By: 7amada

I Need Your Advice - New Shimano Reel Decision - 07/13/20 04:16 PM

Hey guys, i am new to the forum and new to the sport. My father is an old time fisherman and his bday is coming up. He is using an old shimano that is not working very well these days so trying to get him a replacement. Below are my two options.

Shimano Twin Power XD C3000HG. This is a preowned reel. Owner is my friend and he only used it once on a three day fishing trip. Its basically new. Already spooled with braid and upgraded handle. Comes with box, papers and all original accessories - $270

Shimano Stradic FL C3000XG. This is a brand new reel at my local Academy that I have on hold - $230

Most of what we do is inshore fishing. His spinning rod is a 7’6” medium fast rod

What you guys think? I know he will be happy either way
Posted By: wh2004

Re: I Need Your Advice - New Shimano Reel Decision - 07/13/20 08:34 PM

I like Stradic.
Posted By: 7amada

Re: I Need Your Advice - New Shimano Reel Decision - 07/14/20 01:45 AM

I agree. But why?
Posted By: Nicky P

Re: I Need Your Advice - New Shimano Reel Decision - 07/20/20 08:56 PM

I’ll buy that twin power if you don’t want it
Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

Re: I Need Your Advice - New Shimano Reel Decision - 07/27/20 02:07 PM

wow, for inshore fishing, I don't use real expensive stuff because the salt is so caustic. I'd recommend $50-60 Kastkings, Shimanos, Penns, Okuma. If they last 4-5yrs, you're doing great; then just buy new ones. But that's just me.
Tim
Posted By: fishesintrees

Re: I Need Your Advice - New Shimano Reel Decision - 08/05/20 04:22 PM

That's a great price on the Twin Power, hard to beat. My 3 Stradics are going on 8 years of bay, and offshore fishing. Never done any thing except wipe them down (i'll drown before I dunk a reel), and once a year some light oiling. Think your Dad would be thrilled with either choice, fishing is easier with quality equipment.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum