Texas Fishing Forum

Foreverlast Ray Guard Boots

Posted By: Beer Money

Foreverlast Ray Guard Boots - 06/17/20 10:43 PM

Does any one here use them?
The full boot, not just the shin guards.
Thinking about buying a pair and I'm curious on your thoughts/reviews of them
I've always done the Texas shuffle, but for some reason the last couple of times wading I was thinking more about stingrays.
Posted By: Captain Nathan Beabout

Re: Foreverlast Ray Guard Boots - 06/18/20 12:20 AM

I would look up Bart's Bay Armor, very comfortable boot.
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Foreverlast Ray Guard Boots - 06/18/20 03:05 AM

I have a pair but just let guests wear them. I have a pair of Hodgeman that I like way better.
Posted By: Mp Rock

Re: Foreverlast Ray Guard Boots - 06/20/20 07:27 PM

The forever last combo is just their reef boots with the added ray guards. I just went through the same thing, wondering what to get. I ended up getting the Foreverlast reef boots and the Crackshot ray guards. Crackshots were the better option, made in USA, better sew lines, and an additional strap that goes under your Wade boots so the guards don't float up.your leg. I waded all week last week and the setup was very comfortable.

I like the idea of Bart's Bay Armor, but those only give you foot/some ankle protection for $200.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Foreverlast Ray Guard Boots - 06/21/20 11:59 PM

They are coming out with ray guard socks. They are supposed to be pretty comfortable. Those boots are pretty uncomfortable and don’t last well.
Posted By: FishWrangler2

Re: Foreverlast Ray Guard Boots - 06/22/20 02:27 AM

Some of the BiteMe guys already have them. People are saying they wear big, which means you may need a bigger bootie to wear over them. Run about $100
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Foreverlast Ray Guard Boots - 06/22/20 12:17 PM

I've wade fished for the last 39 years. I've only ever seen one person get hit by a stingray and that was in a boat. I guess when you wade fish alligator infested waters, stingrays aren't so bad. Just drag your and don't splash.

Re: Foreverlast Ray Guard Boots - 06/22/20 04:14 PM

Yeah, true fact there.
Since Harvey, the lizards have been in places they don't belong,and have gotten way more aggressive. I used to not pay attention to a "little" six footer, didn't think they were much. That opinion has changed.

[Linked Image]

Re: Foreverlast Ray Guard Boots - 06/22/20 04:23 PM

eek2

Re: Foreverlast Ray Guard Boots - 06/22/20 06:37 PM

Yeah, they are pretty thick when you get away from the crowds. I have sorta quit wading by myself, and got one of those Alaska chest holsters for my stainless .44 to dispatch any misguided Barneys. Not scared of them, but it does pay to be aware.

Re: Foreverlast Ray Guard Boots - 06/22/20 06:49 PM

I hear you. I used to not worry about them either but one day there were too many for my comfort level and they were between me and the shoreline. Of course there was only one clear spot to get in and out because of all the rocks controlling erosion, of course that was were they posted up. I left a good rebar rodholder with a nice flounder tied to it out there that day. Tied the flounder up high so he would splash and I could ease my way around them while they ate my fish.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum