Texas Fishing Forum

Surfside Beach

Posted By: Harleyrockstar

Surfside Beach - 03/16/20 02:28 PM

No fish biting on the surf or the jetty last 2 days. Any other ideas for a quick bite. Trash fish ok. My 9 year old just wants to catch a few fish.

Also, if there any fishing party boats in the area let me know!
Posted By: Synstars

Re: Surfside Beach - 03/17/20 04:18 AM

Did you go out today and if so any luck? Wife wants to hit up East surfside for surf fishing and was curious if it’s any good. Plan on some live shrimp and shrimp bites.
Posted By: Surfside89

Re: Surfside Beach - 03/18/20 06:51 PM

Went out to the Surfside south jetty yesterday around 3pm. Caught 3 nice sized spanish mackerel on a 1oz silver spoon. Lots of people catching sheepshead on dead shrimp under a popping cork close to the jetty rocks. Best suggestion for beach fishing is dead shrimp with a small weight in the first and second cut between sand bars. You'll catch tons of whiting and little catfish.

Re: Surfside Beach - 03/18/20 06:53 PM

[img]http://imgur.com/a/qV5nuTK[/img]
Posted By: Synstars

Re: Surfside Beach - 03/20/20 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Surfside89
Went out to the Surfside south jetty yesterday around 3pm. Caught 3 nice sized spanish mackerel on a 1oz silver spoon. Lots of people catching sheepshead on dead shrimp under a popping cork close to the jetty rocks. Best suggestion for beach fishing is dead shrimp with a small weight in the first and second cut between sand bars. You'll catch tons of whiting and little catfish.

How long of leaders? Super new to surf fishing. Went to Quintana jetty and not a bite w/ live shrimp 3/0 circle and popping cork. But we were chucking it out and were by the parking lot area not on the rocks extending out.

Re: Surfside Beach - 03/23/20 04:47 AM

I was actually fishing with no leader, just 20lb mono. I like using size 6 treble hooks with my live shrimp under a popping cork. We're going back out to the jetty tomorrow, hoping to catch a jack.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum