Texas Fishing Forum

Visiting Texas until the end of the month, need some help

Posted By: Ladykiller

Visiting Texas until the end of the month, need some help - 01/08/20 10:19 PM

So I'm here until January 31st on a business trip. What are some of the opportunities for saltwater fishing this month? I'd like to give a pier or jetty a shot. I forgot to bring a rod and reel, but have no problem going out and buying all that. Not interested in a guide or a deep sea charter. Any recommended locations? Species? Techniques? Tackle shops? Just looking to do some catch and release on the weekends. I'm in San Antonio, but have no problem driving down to the coast. Redfish, flounder, and speckled trout sound like fun. Feel free to private message me.
Posted By: Hookster81

Re: Visiting Texas until the end of the month, need some help - 01/09/20 02:03 AM

If you want to make it over to the Houston/Galveston area you have multiple options for pier, jetty, dike and surf. If this sounds like something you’d be interested in and want some specific recommendations let me know.
Posted By: karstopo

Re: Visiting Texas until the end of the month, need some help - 01/09/20 05:05 AM

Check out slowride guide service in Aransas Pass. They rent kayaks and could likely give you some pointers on what to use and where to go. It’s a place to start.
Posted By: Ladykiller

Re: Visiting Texas until the end of the month, need some help - 01/09/20 04:05 PM

Hookster .... PM sent.
Posted By: Synstars

Re: Visiting Texas until the end of the month, need some help - 01/11/20 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by Hookster81
If you want to make it over to the Houston/Galveston area you have multiple options for pier, jetty, dike and surf. If this sounds like something you’d be interested in and want some specific recommendations let me know.

I would be interested in locals for surf fishing grin
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum