Texas Fishing Forum

Cedar Bayou

Posted By: IslandJim

Cedar Bayou - 10/18/19 07:56 PM

Wondering whether Cedar Bayou is open between the Gulf and Mesquite Bay? Seems the last I heard it wasn't open, but that was a while back. Does nature ever open it, or is that a dredging operation? IslandJim
Posted By: Sgrem

Re: Cedar Bayou - 10/19/19 04:59 AM

Cedar Bayou silted up around the time of Hurricane Harvey. It will have to be dredged open. This was understood when they did the first digging that it will need ongoing maintenance dredging. The permits and budgeting are in place to do it this next spring. (Or maybe it is 2021 I dont remember). They wait till after the whooping cranes go back north. The presence of whoopers stops anything.
Posted By: FishWrangler2

Re: Cedar Bayou - 10/19/19 06:23 AM

But is also the only reason the government will continue to open the pass...long live them whooping cranes!
Posted By: IslandJim

Re: Cedar Bayou - 10/19/19 02:43 PM

The only thing I could find is a Corps dredging project on Cedar Bayou by Baytown, supposed to start in Feb., '20 So, don't look for anything in Aransas County for a long while. Thanks, IslandJim
Posted By: Captain Nathan Beabout

Re: Cedar Bayou - 10/20/19 12:06 AM

money is in place, permitting has been approved just waiting on final paperwork. We should see some activity over there this spring.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum