Texas Fishing Forum

Rockport Bite

Posted By: FishWrangler2

Rockport Bite - 10/01/19 03:19 AM

Going out with a buddy this weekend, kind of feel a little puzzled on how fo approach everything given the hot September. Anyone have any pointers on if the trout/redfish are still in the late summer, deep structure pattern or if they’re starting to move up on shorelines and shallower structure for wade fishing? Appreciate any pointers!
Posted By: FishWrangler2

Re: Rockport Bite - 10/01/19 03:26 AM

Also, what’s the boat traffic like on the weekends down there this time of year? Fairly crowded toward Port A or pretty scattered from hunting season and football?
Posted By: Jerry713

Re: Rockport Bite - 10/01/19 10:48 AM

Reds can be found in the marsh or back lakes, in the cuts exiting the marsh and in the secondary bays as well as along shorelines. Watch the tides to help figure out where they're at. Trout should be on the drops offs/reef edges along bay shorelines. Some dink trout are starting to show up in the secondary marsh cuts but I'm not sure the 17-20 inchers are up there yet.

Boat traffic is less now that hunting season is getting started but there's still plenty of traffic. I doubt it'll be dead.
Posted By: BUERICH

Re: Rockport Bite - 10/02/19 08:19 PM

Any tips on where to find the drum? are they biting yet? i will be down there with family and a bunch of kids the weekend of OCT 12
Posted By: parttime

Re: Rockport Bite - 10/03/19 03:03 PM

Been hearing reports of reds at the PA jetties, but not the bull run yet. This cold front coming in on Monday may change things up a bit. I'll be down that same weekend you are heading down.
Posted By: Jerry713

Re: Rockport Bite - 10/03/19 05:13 PM

Yeah I'll be down there this weekend too. The water is high!

On the black drum I'd fish the channels going in and out of back lakes off of the main bay. Also use cut crab along bridge & dock pilings as well as any rocks near bridges you can find. You should find drum and sheephead there with cut crab.
Posted By: BUERICH

Re: Rockport Bite - 10/08/19 01:09 PM

sounds good, i appreciate the tips
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum