Texas Fishing Forum

Green Tide Surf Fishing

Posted By: TheFluke215

Green Tide Surf Fishing - 09/09/19 04:18 PM

Headed down to Bolivar Thursday morning. Picked up some live shrimp and headed onto the beach. I was able to manage (3) specks to 18.5”, (1) 16 red and a 27” blacktip. Next day I went on a surf side bait run and caught 10 whiting and 1 croaker, which were all caught in the 1st gut on cut finger mullet and a c-rig. Next day I had customers meeting me at 2pm so prior their arrival I kayaked out 3 rods which were baited with bonito and cownose ray. They were boated out between 400-600 yards. 15 minutes after dropping one of the rods baited with bonito, it goes slack. I start reeling as fast as I could to catch up with whatever is on the line and finally do. Wasn’t much of a fight but I landed a 39” bull red. The customers arrive and we fish hard for 6 hours but nothing.
Sunday, I had a husband, wife and their friend. I boated out 4 rods from 309-600 yards out with bonito, cownose and jack. Around 10:30 one of the lines goes slack so I start reeling fast to catch up. Once I catch up, I set off a couple times and handed the rod off. Christina fought the fish in the rest of the way, which turned out to be a 35.5” red. Shortly after that, another rod goes slack so I again start reeling in as fast as possible and finally catch up. I set the hook a couple times and handed the rod of to Lindsey. She went back and forth with the fish before it tapped and we were able to get it on the sand. It was her first shark (blacktip) and measured at 51”. We had several more bites throughout the day but all were hitting and coming to us causing a massive amount of slack. Once we caught up with them, they were gone. In the years that I’ve been doing this, I’ve never seen so many fish hit and come north instead of screaming south. It’s been a weird year ‘bite wise’. Anyhow, we had a fun time nonetheless. I still have open dates if anyone is interested in booking a trip. Visit us on Facebook or visit my site at greentidesf.com. Below are some photos from the last few outings. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Green Tide Surf Fishing - 09/10/19 01:50 AM

can you eat the stingray?

Re: Green Tide Surf Fishing - 09/10/19 05:37 AM

In some places if you order scallop, you’re actually eating stingray. They take s hole punch looking device and punch out holes on the wings of the ray and cook them and sell them as scallop.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Green Tide Surf Fishing - 09/11/19 02:10 AM

Nice post and fish. Good job. thumb
Posted By: Texas Fight

Re: Green Tide Surf Fishing - 09/12/19 03:00 PM

Nice post. Heading down next Tuesday for our yearly. Bought a Drone to take line out. Eager to try that out.!
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Green Tide Surf Fishing - 09/12/19 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Texas Fight
Nice post. Heading down next Tuesday for our yearly. Bought a Drone to take line out. Eager to try that out.!

genius

Re: Green Tide Surf Fishing - 09/13/19 03:16 AM

Good luck with the drone. Seen a few people lose them before
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum