Texas Fishing Forum

Pig caught on TSL GrassWalker

Posted By: BlessedAngler

Pig caught on TSL GrassWalker - 01/07/19 09:00 PM

Took a quick late afternoon trip to Holly Beach, TX with my oldest son. We were only out for a little over an hour and wanted to head in before sunset. First spot we stopped at had some slicks but we could tell they were old because of their size and there was hardly any current or wind. Figured it was worth a shot but did not have any success. At our next stop we started seeing mud boils and sure enough that's where they were at. Lost one because I couldn't manage to get a good hook set. Managed to land 2 reds. An undersized 19 1/2" and the fattest 27 1/4" red I have ever caught. He wasn't the biggest I have caught but for it's size it was the fattest. Since our relatives have taken what fish I had in my freezer over the holidays I had him on my stringer. Took a look at him as we started to head in and decided he was too "pretty" of a fish to end up as a fillet and we released him. Reds were caught on a TSL GrassWalker rigged weedless in about 1.5 ft of water. Got a link to the video of our quick trip and for those of you who don't know what a mud boil looks like I point it out in the video. Hopefully, you can learn to recognize them and help you catch more fish. Enjoy and please subscribe. Be safe out in the water and God Bless.

https://youtu.be/Uk-O0ngkyM0

Attached picture GH021943_ 2 (00.00.20.366).png
Attached picture IMG_5111.jpeg
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Pig caught on TSL GrassWalker - 01/08/19 02:51 AM

Solid post and solid fish. Good job. cheers
Posted By: BSanders

Re: Pig caught on TSL GrassWalker - 01/08/19 12:00 PM

thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Pig caught on TSL GrassWalker - 01/09/19 03:11 PM

Nice fish.